Planetside 2 Hype/Advertising ideas. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: your Karma ran over my Dogma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-02-15, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Marth Koopa
Banned

Re: Planetside 2 Hype/Advertising ideas.

My advertising idea is to scrap the current trailer completely from existence because it shows broken gameplay and many placeholder things
Old 2012-02-15, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Scrima
Private

They should totally put PS2 on the cover of a major gaming mag (PC Gamer perhaps?) and hand out beta keys in the magazine, that's a great way to get a ton of people hyped. Oh wait...
Old 2012-02-15, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

22,000 views I have got from one idea,

This number is a rough guess of course, but its due to the hours of interviews I have been doing and the streams of content, plus this is spread over 4 TwitchTV channels and 5 YouTube channels but, its bringing new/old people back/into the game and PS2.
The idea is working. If you build it people will come and take a look, and also we are still in the early days. We are hoping to quadruple this before PS2 is in beta.

But we can only try our best, in fact we have already beaten our expectations by random people on the stream looking into PS2 more because of us streaming and having a bit chat about it. this is what we set out to do, to get one person involved in Ps/PS2 and we have, so anything more is just a massive plus!

Planetside 247 Twitch TV = 5,371/35 been going for 2 months. 1000's of views on the YouTube channels to. And we are still just testing the streams.

Also its fun to talk about the ideas, but you have to get stuck into them, just like I do around here, I know some of my post seem crazy, but when you post as much as me, and contribute as much as I do, then you will have shit days. But joining in with other peoples ideas, and keeping them all linked together, so "we" as a community grow.. along with the game.

The Startcraft community is very good at this, regardless of what they do, they help and promote each other a lot, and openly support projects.

Also the reason why I created Planetside 247 was for this purpose alone. The whole idea was based on the fact Planetside 1 was under advertised, of course I was around in the first few years of Planetside, so I know how bad it was. Ok if Planetside 2 is promoted good, then we have nothing to worry about, but we can only do good, adding more and more folks to the fight.

If you cant help a project then say nothing! There is far to much of this on these forums, creative criticism is fine, but if you have no intentions in joining in the keep your mouth shut and let the idea unfold/die naturally.

But..... if you can help/join in...... then fucking go for it, join in with one of the projects here at PSU or even start your own, and lets make this game a world wide success, help a project out, doesn't have to be 247, or even the AGN, just look on the forums there are loads of things we can get our teeth into. Fuck me 247 is only doing so well due to the input of community members, and it started here at PSU.

Another idea is not to go over the top, don't start anything that is to big, it will die a death and so will you probably before the idea is even finished. Take something on you can handle or get folks to help you out. Me and Ripfang from the Blue Lions outfit where talking about this last night just after another interview. 247 is getting to big for me, as I am self employed and work long hours. So I will be calling for help, don't be afraid to do that too, I asked Xytech to help with the logos for 247 and bam! they have been copied on the internet 1000's of times!

Just ank for help if you need it. You never know

Anyway there's my £1 worth.

Morto.
Old 2012-02-15, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Graywolves
General

I have nearly 700 views on my youtube video, almost finished my next one.
Old 2012-02-15, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
I have nearly 700 views on my youtube video, almost finished my next one.
1 of them will be me
Old 2012-02-15, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
nomotog
Sergeant

The best advertisement for a game is a good wiki.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by nomotog View Post
The best advertisement for a game is a good wiki.
PSU has one
Old 2012-02-15, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
nomotog
Sergeant

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
PSU has one
Um a little better then that. The PS wiki has a few too many red links. A good wiki has pages for every item, enemy, level and more.
Old 2012-02-15, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by Crazyduckling View Post
Please invite the FreddieW channel from youtube.
Yes. I thought of that when i started reading replys, and low and behold you had it. I think theyre perfect to set the tone of what the average player should be excited about, or atleast get "Planetside" typed in to google a few 1,000 times.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kaotc View Post
i think one of the best things they could do, is get on board with Steam... that will yeild a very large number of 'oh, ill give that a shot' players (being that its F2P) and then the game will do the rest to get them hooked. (i hope)
This...even Indi games make profit with steam. I dont see why Planetside 2 woud not ?!
Old 2012-02-16, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Chefkoch View Post
This...even Indi games make profit with steam. I dont see why Planetside 2 woud not ?!
Pride.

Besides Valve has low support for EA and Sony games for they're all their direct competitors. At least that is what you can figure out by looking at steam store today. They mostly promote indies and games by THQ.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion