New Repeater - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Soon to have its own website!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-03, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: New Repeater

God, that's one ugly m*thef*cking gun - it looks like a double-decker bus. I really hope this is a common pool weapon from NS since it has no TR insignia. To be honest it has the NC look actually (hard-hitting and slow and not TR which should be lighter but faster). I myself by far prefer the "old" version.

I loved Zenith from Deus Ex 3 and Dredd's Lawgiver looks good too - but this gun above is just plain ugly.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
DayOne
Captain

They said there will be different classes for each weapon. A "light", "medium" and "large" variant. That is the large variant on the repeater, if you look through the screen shots you will see the two other variants of it.
Old 2012-05-03, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
They said there will be different classes for each weapon. A "light", "medium" and "large" variant. That is the large variant on the repeater, if you look through the screen shots you will see the two other variants of it.
That's a relief to hear - I'll definitely go for a lighter version. I went over the screenshots and found NS pistol which although also big looks much more natural in comparison to this abomination of a gun. Beside it's ridiculous height (I wonder how I'll be possible to aim and shot down sight with this thing) there is another thing which look horribly wrong - the center of it's mass. The handle seems tiny and everything is concentrated in front, it looks like it will flip over any moment and you'll end up shooting yourself in the knee or worse. This kind of gun I could only imagine being fired from hip not like these pictures indicate.

Here is the visual representation of thing I think that are wrong with this gun:

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-05-03 at 05:41 PM.
Old 2012-05-03, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Here's a better angle on the new one. Looks like a completely new model to me.
I believe he was correct. We've seen cloakers carrying a very different pistol that still fits the basic description. While it's possible that what they have is a completely different pistol I think it more likely that the weapons are simply customized.

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
I went over the screenshots and found NS pistol which although also big looks much more natural in comparison to this abomination of a gun.
I'm pretty sure that's a med-app.
Old 2012-05-03, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I'm pretty sure that's a med-app.
My bad. [Hides under a box.]
Old 2012-05-03, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I was looking for a good time to make the comment about pistols: They are really freaking big...every screenshot I've seen makes them look too big. Rifles, for the most part, have looked OK.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-05-03, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Xyntech
Brigadier General

The Vanu Sovereignty knows how to make a more compact sidearm. Primitive NC and TR weaponry has to be twice as large just to have enough stopping power to compete.

Old 2012-05-03, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
That gun is fucking HUGE! When you pull the trigger it should sound like thunder.
Yeah I can see how you'd be confused because it looks very similar to a trigger. However, that's actually a Win Button.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
The Vanu Sovereignty knows how to make a more compact sidearm. Primitive NC and TR weaponry has to be twice as large just to have enough stopping power to compete.
That's true. When I think of stopping power, the Beamer is the first thing that comes to mind. :D
Old 2012-05-03, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Well, as has been mentioned, it's definitely not a replacement of the other one.

You can see the original Repeater at the bottom left of the same picture the OP pulled his cut out image from:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...6b908c2930.jpg
Old 2012-05-03, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
That's a relief to hear - I'll definitely go for a lighter version. I went over the screenshots and found NS pistol which although also big looks much more natural in comparison to this abomination of a gun. Beside it's ridiculous height (I wonder how I'll be possible to aim and shot down sight with this thing) there is another thing which look horribly wrong - the center of it's mass. The handle seems tiny and everything is concentrated in front, it looks like it will flip over any moment and you'll end up shooting yourself in the knee or worse. This kind of gun I could only imagine being fired from hip not like these pictures indicate.

Here is the visual representation of thing I think that are wrong with this gun:

My favorite part is how it's firing without having to pull the trigger.....
Old 2012-05-03, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
That is such a big fucken judge dread pistol!!!! Like seriously, all the weapons in PS2 are just freaken ENORMOUS!

If you cut the grip off it could be a spaceship in EVE
Old 2012-05-03, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
somers
Corporal

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
Well, as has been mentioned, it's definitely not a replacement of the other one.

You can see the original Repeater at the bottom left of the same picture the OP pulled his cut out image from:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...6b908c2930.jpg
Guys, the "old" repeater is still in the game, so maybe this is a different gun or what DayOne was saying in which there are different versions/customizations of the gun.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Atheosim
Captain

So tired. Can we please get some official confirmation that the hand mounted tank cannon featured in the OP is not the TR's standard sidearm?
Old 2012-05-03, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
So tired. Can we please get some official confirmation that the hand mounted tank cannon featured in the OP is not the TR's standard sidearm?
Again, look at what the OP didn't notice in the original image he cut his out of:

Gasp, the original Repeater is still around!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion