Kill cam.. again.. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going where no fan site has gone before
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-12, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Kill cam.. again..

There is no traditional kill cam.

Calm yo tits.
Old 2012-05-12, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Stardouser
Colonel

Formal nomination to call it Outline Cam...do we have a second? Alternatives are open to discussion such as Loadout Cam, etc.
Old 2012-05-12, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Formal nomination to call it Outline Cam...do we have a second? Alternatives are open to discussion such as Loadout Cam, etc.
I second this notion.

Or another possible alternative, stats cam?
Old 2012-05-12, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

I can understand the camping sniper in a bush argument for a kill cam. Yea that is going to show the enemy where you are at....in Call of Duty. 300ish men between you and that person you killed, he/she is most likely going to get occupied on someone else.

I never understood the argument about stealth either. If I am sitting in my base and I get killed with your little cloaker suit, kill cam or not I know the base is being infiltrated. And as long as you didn't stay exactly where you were standing when you killed me then you're golden.

Also to add you did a horrible job of being stealthy if you had to kill me in the first place...

Back to the discussion. I didn't even know they had plans to water the cam down to what you guys are saying, I thought it was going to be a replay from the killer's perspective(CoD).

Last edited by JPalmer; 2012-05-12 at 08:11 PM.
Old 2012-05-12, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vancha
Colonel

The paranoia on these forums can be quite remarkable sometimes. It's probably justified, but still, quite remarkable.

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
I can understand the camping sniper in a bush argument for a kill cam. Yea that is going to show the enemy where you are at....in Call of Duty. 300ish men between you and that person you killed, he/she is most likely going to get occupied on someone else.
Did...Did you not play Planetside?
Old 2012-05-12, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Sorry to break it to ya champ but a 3D image of your killer after you die isn't a kill cam. A kill cam is exactly what it says. A camera showing the kill that killed you.
'Cause they totally can't use it in the general sense of the term.
(A screen that would in some shape or form show your killer, not necessarily following that of a CoD or BF killcam)

Also yes, showing a 3D image of the guy that just killed you and what he killed you with is indeed a form of a killcam.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-12, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
I understand the concern, really I do. But "Kill cam" could mean so many different things, most people just jump to the conclusion that most infuriates them so they can complain.

It could mean a 1st person view of the person who killed you as they do so

It could be a 3rd person shot of the player who killed you

and there's so many variations for each one you can make some vastly different ideas. It could be as simple as a still image of the character who killed you and list some stats/weapons used etc., and that would still be referred to as a Kill Cam.

Plus I'll toss in the generic "wait till beta" The first gameplay demo we saw had a Kill Cam and Higby even said they thought about removing it because they knew it wasn't the final version. With a flip of the switch kill cams can be trashed. If in beta they have a severe negative effect, we'll try to remove them.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-05-12, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Wow seriously how about a nice and just wait till beta before bringing this thread up agian
Old 2012-05-12, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
velleity
Corporal

A text message of who killed you is fine. Everything else is a waste of bandwidth.
Old 2012-05-12, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Zekeen
Major

I think what all you panicking people has mistaken, is that the devs have gone against kill cam - it's a game breaker. Really, I think they only used it for Beta Demoing, shows off a bit of the game better.

The way the new kill "cam" works, is it's "Kill Stats". It shows who killed you, it MIGHT show their model, shows what they killed you with, and this is what I think they were talking about.

I think they may be adding it in, where if you have an emblem type mod or something, or have a specific vehicle hood ornament, then when the kill stats come up, not kill CAM, they mistaken say that from habit, then the emblem or ornament will be BLARRINGLY SHOWN TO YOU so you get "owned" by it more or less. Insult to injury if you will. So no one panic, they know what they're doing and what we keep protesting against.
Old 2012-05-12, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I kind of like the kill cam from space marine. If you havent played it you only see your body and the camera turns the direction the killing blow came from. For instance when I run you over in my tank you will see your dead mangled body and my tank driving away with truck nuts swaying off the rear bumper.
Old 2012-05-12, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I kind of like the kill cam from space marine. If you havent played it you only see your body and the camera turns the direction the killing blow came from. For instance when I run you over in my tank you will see your dead mangled body and my tank driving away with truck nuts swaying off the rear bumper.
Halo does that as well, and MW3 if you are playing Hardcore, is there a killcam in Hardcore? Because i can't remember....
Old 2012-05-12, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Synical
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Yay.

The Yays have it 3-0.
The motion is approved.

Outline Cam it is.

Old 2012-05-12, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Synical View Post
Yay.

The Yays have it 3-0.
The motion is approved.

Outline Cam it is.

Can I fourth it? We better have a sticky thread showing all terminology and what it means, so everything from A to Z, actually thats alot of words to cover, how about we just sticky this thread so everyone sees
Old 2012-05-12, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Synical
Corporal

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Can I fourth it? We better have a sticky thread showing all terminology and what it means, so everything from A to Z, actually thats alot of words to cover, how about we just sticky this thread so everyone sees
Motion to change name from "Killcam" to "Outline Cam"

Representative Toppopia votes "Yay"

Yays: 4 - Nays: 0

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion