Checkmate screenshot via Higby - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If this Galaxy's a rockin', don't come a knockin'!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-14, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Checkmate screenshot via Higby

Just look at the size of that dome. You could have 100+ people lined up along just the part of the rim of the dome which is currently visible in that shot, and they wouldn't be crowded at all.

And that's just the bio dome. The rest of the base is even that much more expansive.

I love it
Old 2012-05-14, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Toppopia
Major

According to all the screenshots and how good i think my laptop is, i think i will be playing on maybe low-lowest settings, such a shame, to see it in all its glory i will have to watch my brother play on his rig.
Old 2012-05-15, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
cellinaire
Captain

Seen the screenshots of Crysis3, Dragon's Dogma, Max Payne3, and Halo 4 several hours ago.

Forgelight's lighting system really is top-notch, I'd say.
Old 2012-05-15, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Still amazing how the game looks for the scale its trying to achieve. I just hope they are not sacrificing total numbers for eye candy. I think what I like the best about it is the pure wide open environments with real massive structures in them. In pretty much every other FPS on the market these days its all smoke an mirrors. 2D backgrounds where your funneled down little hallways in the actual gameplay. But this is a wide open large world. Probably hasn't been much like it since the original Crysis.
well Crysis 1 was the last true PC developed game. so it make sense
Old 2012-05-15, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Still amazing how the game looks for the scale its trying to achieve. I just hope they are not sacrificing total numbers for eye candy. I think what I like the best about it is the pure wide open environments with real massive structures in them. In pretty much every other FPS on the market these days its all smoke an mirrors. 2D backgrounds where your funneled down little hallways in the actual gameplay. But this is a wide open large world. Probably hasn't been much like it since the original Crysis.
Would you happen to mean that you hope they don't dip under their 2000 estimate in order to be getting these visuals or do you happen to mean that you're hopeing that the visuals aren't keeping PS2 from hosting more than 2000 people per continent smoothly (3 conts per server for 6k people per server)?

Personally I like the 2000 number estimate when combined with these superb visuals. I'd be willing to try out 2500 people, but anymore than that and I think it would be way too crowded for a 8x8km area and I would really like to keep the visuals as they are. They add in a lot of atmosphere to the game, especially when combined with those wide open battle fields. Unnnughhh... And then a lot (not all) of these visuals will also be mandatory (hopefully) so that people can actually use the environment for tactical and strategic coordination. It makes me squeal involuntarily sometimes just thinking about it.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-05-15 at 06:20 AM.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
deltase
Corporal

Nice! But i have one complain: the gun looks too big for my taste. I hope there will be an option to scale the guns down.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by deltase View Post
Nice! But i have one complain: the gun looks too big for my taste. I hope there will be an option to scale the guns down.
I think I have seen a smg version of this weapon.
Old 2012-05-15, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
Is there any definitive answer yet as to whether or not day/night is synchronised to the server time? I'd love to have the sun setting as I set up with my outfit mates for a night of carnage.

It wont follow real time, that was confirmed. To avoid people who always play around the same hours to not get to enjoy the other part of the cycle. Think they flashed something like.. 4 hours of day for 1h of night?

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-05-15, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I'd say that shot is amazing, but Higby clegged it up. :P
Old 2012-05-15, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Crazyduckling View Post
Higby clegged up. Thats a Gal on the top. also, imagine if it was deployed. best spawn point ever.

Sure is! lol. Higby wins. :P
Old 2012-05-15, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Xaine
Major

Game looks gorgeous. Can't get over how good it looks lol
Old 2012-05-15, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ceska
Corporal

I love the rocky structure on the left foreground. It reminds me of this film, Pitch Black, when creatures get out of earth mounds shaped quite like it.
Old 2012-05-15, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

It's not clegged, it's the way deployed gals work as a spawnpoint. Where else would those squishees come from???
Old 2012-05-15, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Graywolves
General

It's a giant robot standing on top of the bio-lab.

Or a Turret.

Or just a boring crane. (I imagine someone inefficient built crane first to lift things into the dome. Then they build the glass on and forgot to remove the crane.)
Old 2012-05-15, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
It's a giant robot standing on top of the bio-lab.

Or a Turret.

Or just a boring crane. (I imagine someone inefficient built crane first to lift things into the dome. Then they build the glass on and forgot to remove the crane.)
It's a Galaxy.

I thought it was a crane at first glance as well, then a turret, but I've yet too see someone so bad at piloting that they could clegg up a stationary turret or crane

Look at how tiny it is though, with how big a Galaxy is compared to a human. That dome is gigantic.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion