Combat Communications - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My other car is a Sweeper Shotgun!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-18, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Re: Combat Communications

If we use PS1 as a model of the soldier - squad - platoon rankings I could see ingame voip being used very well. For those new to Planetside you could have a total of 30 people in a coordinated unit lead by a Platoon leader.

The Platoon leader could give permissions to Squad leaders who then could give permissions to their soldiers under their command voice. Now you could have a Platoon leader who segments all of his chatter through to his SL or you could just have the PL open comms to everyone within their platoon. I can see some segmenting the voice comms so that their recon units get voice priority during a part of the operation.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2012-05-18, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by TerranTitan View Post
Dolby Axon - It's free - 500 people in one server.

Win.
Not True - This from their website.

Guild friendly: You can invite up to 150 of your guild mates to your chat room and chat with 50 of them at the same time. Customize your chats by dividing them up into four channels to have separate conversations in one room.

big difference between 50 and 500. Also its meant to run from your computer, not a good thing if you like your own Frames Per Second.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are

Last edited by Noivad; 2012-05-18 at 11:52 PM.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Toppopia
Major

As long as you can structures set up so that outfit leader talks to everyone, platoon leaders talk to their platoon and other platoon leaders, squad leaders talk to their squad and other squad leaders, and people in the squad only talk to their squad mates and squad leader, or does that sound too much hassle? Unless it can be done so that you don't need to change chat windows all the time, but so it can be set up before hand. Or is that not possible?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion