NC - Alt. Music? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I am intrigued by this...Planetside.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-09, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ratstomper
Major

Re: NC - Alt. Music?

Originally Posted by Masterr View Post
some of those SC2 riffs were good. when i heard NC OST, i couldnt stand to hear all of it. didnt like any riffs really. maybe it'll grow on me but i have my doubts.
The problem I see with most of the SC2 music is it's a bit too slow for an FPS.
Old 2012-07-10, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

"NC music is bad"

The beautiful thing about music... we all have different tastes.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Karrade
First Sergeant

Maybe music packs for the future? To purchase with cash.

Or something we can customise in our own mods.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Karrade View Post
Maybe music packs for the future? To purchase with cash.

Or something we can customise in our own mods.
I kinda want an in game radio that pulls MP3s from your computer.
Old 2012-07-13, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Warrcry
Private

I think the problem is that it is too slow so if we find something similar that is faster like.

What about those? Kinda fits the same genre has roughly the same feel just faster.

Also could someone please teach me how to embed videos on this forum? It...It automatically did it....Nifty

Last edited by Warrcry; 2012-07-13 at 03:59 PM.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Warrcry View Post
I think the problem is that it is too slow so if we find something similar that is faster like.

What about those? Kinda fits the same genre has roughly the same feel just faster.

Also could someone please teach me how to embed videos on this forum? It...It automatically did it....Nifty
Never heard of these guys. I like it. It's got grit.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Warrcry
Private

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Never heard of these guys. I like it. It's got grit.
Yeah I was kinda thinking it felt like it was what NC needed. The current music almost gives a TF2 feel. NC need to be gritty.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ratstomper
Major

Yeah I was kinda thinking it felt like it was what NC needed. The current music almost gives a TF2 feel. NC need to be gritty.
I feel like an actual orchestrated version will sound more like this than TF2 music. I mean, TF2 had a lot of emphasis on jazz and funk rock (which I also really like alot, but I agree doesn't fit NC). Once they actually work real guitars in it will sound grittier, especially if they get a good rock guitarist.

Some TF2 music, because it's awesome and captured the uncanny nature of the game fantastically. Thematic music is a must and it needs to be something that encapsulates what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 2012-07-13, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Warrcry
Private

I feel like an actual orchestrated version will sound more like this than TF2 music. I mean, TF2 had a lot of emphasis on jazz and funk rock (which I also really like alot, but I agree doesn't fit NC). Once they actually work real guitars in it will sound grittier, especially if they get a good rock guitarist.

Some TF2 music, because it's awesome and captured the uncanny nature of the game fantastically. Thematic music is a must and it needs to be something that encapsulates what you're trying to accomplish.
You misunderstood me I meant The current NC music reminds me of TF2, and it shouldn't (NC Combat 1 specifically) I was saying it needs grit and TF2 music is not gritty.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ratstomper
Major

You misunderstood me I meant The current NC music reminds me of TF2, and it shouldn't (NC Combat 1 specifically) I was saying it needs grit and TF2 music is not gritty.
Right. I'm saying that's partially because it's not orchestrated yet. It's all just run through computers, not actual instruments or musicians. It should sound quite a bit more gritty once they get it into a final form.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Warrcry
Private

Right. I'm saying that's partially because it's not orchestrated yet. It's all just run through computers, not actual instruments or musicians. It should sound quite a bit more gritty once they get it into a final form.
Oh I see I didn't know they hadn't been actually performed yet. Well I'll reserve judgement till then.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ratstomper
Major

Oh I see I didn't know they hadn't been actually performed yet. Well I'll reserve judgement till then.
I think they have been performed and recorded, they just haven't been released. this is all stuff that's been done in a program. It just so happens that computerized electric guitar sounds kinda lame.

And if it sucks, we can complain then.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions