thread for honorable vets - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The sigbot will be coming by shortly, please assume the position.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-22, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
moosepoop
Captain

Re: thread for honorable vets

Originally Posted by proxy View Post
I wonder how female vets, like Jennyboo, would feel about this thread...
she should do bicep curls. then she will gain honer.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

What's the deal with all this horse shit? If you played the first game, you have prio to get in beta, for totally obvious fucking reasons...

1. Vets are loyal fans who's stuck with PS1 for 9 years, and devs want us to know they recognize that.
2. Vets know PS better than anyone. Which means they will be more useful than those that don't in a beta the devs have described as; "a legit beta. NOT a demo."... sorry, but that's a fact, not ego.
3.... well I don't need a 3 becuase 1 and 2 should be fucking enough for you. :P

If you didn't play PS1... tough shit, hope you scored one of the keys they've been throwing around like crazy, or that you get in anyway... you know, the same way you have to hope to get into any other damn beta in the world.

Now can you guys stop posting all these crap threads, please?

Edit: I posted this in the wrong thread... fail.

Meh.. close enough. :P
Old 2012-07-22, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
she should do bicep curls. then she will gain honer.
I thought that was a B for a second...

Oh, this troll sure is funny!
Old 2012-07-22, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
What's the deal with all this horse shit? If you played the first game, you have prio to get in beta, for totally obvious fucking reasons...

1. Vets are loyal fans who's stuck with PS1 for 9 years, and devs want us to know they recognize that.
2. Vets know PS better than anyone. Which means they will be more useful than those that don't in a beta the devs have described as; "a legit beta. NOT a demo."... sorry, but that's a fact, not ego.
3.... well I don't need a 3 becuase 1 and 2 should be fucking enough for you. :P

If you didn't play PS1... tough shit, hope you scored one of the keys they've been throwing around like crazy, or that you get in anyway... you know, the same way you have to hope to get into any other damn beta in the world.

Now can you guys stop posting all these crap threads, please?

you are devoid of honor.

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
I thought that was a B for a second...

Oh, this troll sure is funny!
im not trolling. im trying to bring some positivity into this increasingly depressing forum. this thread is for honorable manly men who do not whine but praise the devs with dignity and respect.

what sets planetside 1 vets apart from other fps players?

HONER
RESPEC
COURAGE
DUTY
DIGNITY

Last edited by moosepoop; 2012-07-22 at 02:26 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sephirex
Major

A vet, though I wouldn't call myself honorable. I'll be waiting patiently either way.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
A vet, though I wouldn't call myself honorable. I'll be waiting patiently either way.
your honorable speech states otherwise. you are indeed a man of great honor.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

you are devoid of honor.

im not trolling. im trying to bring some positivity into this increasingly depressing forum. this thread is for honorable manly men who do not whine but praise the devs with dignity and respect.
like it says... wrong thread. but you have to agree it would have been the feast of the century if that post was actually meant to go here..
Old 2012-07-22, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
moosepoop
Captain

like it says... wrong thread. but you have to agree it would have been the feast of the century if that post was actually meant to go here..
then perhaps you still have the chance to atone and regain your honor

we vets look down outsiders with contempt, thinking we are so superior.

PROVE IT

Last edited by moosepoop; 2012-07-22 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Boo hiss! We vets don't make mistakes like this! I think you're trying to be something you're not! LET'S GET HIM GUYS!!!

what sets planetside 1 vets apart from other fps players?

HONER
RESPEC
COURAGE
DUTY
DIGNITY
What does respec'ing have to do with it? I did that all the time in PS1 and it didn't make me feel like it set me apart >.>

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-07-22, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
What does respec'ing have to do with it? I did that all the time in PS1 and it didn't make me feel like it set me apart >.>
There are no respecs in PS2! OP is a fraud!!

*rabblerabblerabble*
Old 2012-07-22, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post

*rabblerabblerabble*
Unless you pay for them*
Old 2012-07-22, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post

*rabblerabblerabble*
why are you mocking me, jim raynor? we are both vets. we are brothers. i love you.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, last time I checked, sitting on your ass and playing video games isn't a "mature ,dignified" thing to do.

You know you don't play video games to "have honor" , right? You do it because and it's fun, and you sure as fuck don't join the army to " have honor" ,you do if because you're too stupid to go to college.

If you walked into a recruiters office it means something went seriously wrong with your life.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by GhettoPrince View Post
Yeah, last time I checked, sitting on your ass and playing video games isn't a "mature ,dignified" thing to do.
when i play video games, i sit erect with my back straight, and my eyes are filled with a serene gaze. inside my heart i pray to jesus christ for guidance and victory. i accept death. i welcome it. i play games with honor and dignity.

Originally Posted by GhettoPrince View Post
You know you don't play video games to "have honor" , right? You do it because and it's fun, and you sure as fuck don't join the army to " have honor" ,you do if because you're too stupid to go to college.

If you walked into a recruiters office it means something went seriously wrong with your life.
you are without honor. you dont understand what it is like to be a warrior. please remove yourself from this thread.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2012-07-22 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Actually I'm almost a vet - at least I have a Master degree in agricultural sciences!

And honour may be a word with too much pathos - still I joined the OP in his thread because we all have been watching community standards fall deeper and deeper every day.

We used to see debates here on almost everything and the occasional newcomer was treated with respect and got a lot of help. This has changed weeks ago, flames came instead of debates, people trolling each other on a personal level, a newcomer is told to RTFM (or do some forum search, whatever).

We as a group of mostly former PS-players (easier to refer on as "vets") are no better than any other games fanboys.

Tech test and how it started made things worse. Some state that "vets were sworn to have priority access to the game - and random clueless morons (streaming guy) have access earlier" and it hurts them.

Other state that these people are just butthurt crybabies, and these folks feel a bit longer e-peen for they have the moral high ground by not feeling butthurt...

This whole community has gone down to the level of a pack of stray dogs where respect is only shown towards the stronger and many of us tries to act like strong. Yeah, me too with this comment (as I subtly state that I'm on the moral throne of this whole group by giving a view of the whole picture while I may be completly wrong).

Anyways, just look at yourselves and ask wheter this inmature behaviour is best you can show towards a community you have been a member of for almost a decade, or at least years?

This is not about Vets and their Honour! This is about everyone level headed enough to hold their bad manner and act like a mature gamer. I welcome here everyone with whatever background, long time PS vet or a newcomer on a fresh account with no comments at all.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion