Vanu advantages/disadvantages - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bling Bling
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-22, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Re: Vanu advantages/disadvantages

@Rivenshield

However, in their defense... The new VS maxes don't exactly look aerodynamic...
Old 2012-07-22, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Paski
Private

Also, lets not forget that their rifles sound like a guy smacking cardboard boxes..
Old 2012-07-22, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Paski View Post
Also, lets not forget that their rifles sound like a guy smacking cardboard boxes..
inorite? They sound NOTHING like the real plasma rifles used today.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sifer2
Major

I agree with the guy above that damage degradation will only gimp the VS in ranged combat. Bullet drop from what we have seen isn't much an issue for anyone at the moment except maybe a Sniper. So that doesn't seem to be much an advantage for the VS.

Vehicles is a bit better though. Magrider still is able to strafe an cruise over bumps no problem. Water was always situational an will be on other continents. Scythe is also very mobile more than other jets. The MAX is still a mystery too we don't know what it will get. I'm guessing probably a faster sprint an better turn rate.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

VS Should be fine. The devs arent going to run a tech test and a beta and leave things super unbalanced.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
damijin
Private

Half the reason I played VS in PS1 is because we were gimped in beta.

I remember one of the beta changelogs saying that there was a "copy paste error" (thats exactly the words they used) and that the pulsar had accidentally been weaker than it was supposed to be for the first couple months of beta.

Gimp us harder. It will merely strengthen my resolve!
Old 2012-07-22, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by damijin View Post
Half the reason I played VS in PS1 is because we were gimped in beta.

I remember one of the beta changelogs saying that there was a "copy paste error" (thats exactly the words they used) and that the pulsar had accidentally been weaker than it was supposed to be for the first couple months of beta.

Gimp us harder. It will merely strengthen my resolve!
Yep I dont bitch in a game where i have a weaker class/team/whatever I figure out a way to use that weakness as a strength.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
@BlueSkies

-@Rasui

Depends on how much the damage degrades. An easily "tweakable" feature during beta. Chillax.
I don't even care about the degradation, I just want the accuracy. Think about the cycler vs gauss vs pulsar for a second. Rate of fire at the cost of accuracy for close range damage, a mix of high damage with moderate accuracy for medium range domination, and accuracy at the cost of damage for long range. It's how it's meant to be.

Now they've suddenly changed the Vanu signature weapon trait from accuracy (Beamer/Pulsar/Lancer) to no bullet drop? Wtf? I'm not happy about it. Then again all this bitching could be for nothing, I'll have to wait till beta. It's just the lack of clarification and the way the devs skirt the question really bothers me. I don't feel like being the 'common pool empire' yet again.

Last edited by Rasui; 2012-07-22 at 05:39 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rasui View Post
I don't even care about the degradation, I just want the accuracy. Think about the cycler vs gauss vs pulsar for a second. Rate of fire at the cost of accuracy for close range damage, a mix of high damage with moderate accuracy for medium range domination, and accuracy at the cost of damage for long range. It's how it's meant to be.

Now they've suddenly changed the Vanu signature weapon trait from accuracy (Beamer/Pulsar/Lancer) to no bullet drop? Wtf? I'm not happy about it. Then again all this bitching could be for nothing, I'll have to wait till beta. It's just the lack of clarification and the way the devs skirt the question really bothers me. I don't feel like being the 'common pool empire' yet again.
Yeah, I understand. I know people hate when other people say "wait for Beta", but this is one of a few things that actually legitimately fits into that category. This isn't exactly a finished product, yet. Things like this, that are simple statistics adjustments that probably take 30 seconds to alter, are EXACTLY the kind of stuff that can be tweaked on the fly during Beta.

Give it a whirl, let 'em know what you think afterward. They'll alter it a bit, you can provide some more feedback
Old 2012-07-22, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MrMorton
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rasui View Post
If I hear about bullet drop one more time I'm going to lose it. Lack of bullet drop is NOT an advantage! Anyone who plays this game for more than a week on the other factions will automatically compensate for bullet drop. Then they tack on damage degradation to boot? The only way VS weapons won't be total garbage is if they're INCREDIBLY accurate, and from what I've seen they don't seem to be any better than other factions weapons in that sense.

What good is no bullet drop if your weapons aren't accurate enough to consistently hit people at a distance where bullet drop would actually matter? What good is no bullet drop if your weapons do no damage at a distance where bullet drop would actually matter?
they are extremely accurate, almost no bullet spread. As long as you can control recoil vs will be the long range fighter par none.
Old 2012-07-22, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MrMorton View Post
they are extremely accurate, almost no bullet spread. As long as you can control recoil vs will be the long range fighter par none.
...until you take into consideration the damage degradation. If you fire 10 shots and all manage to hit the guy, if he's far away, it might only be the same as 8 shots hitting him.

And controlling recoil? Look at the lasher. There is no controlling that recoil unless you want to drop your DPS considerably. Could be different in PS2, we'll see.
Old 2012-07-22, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
@Rivenshield

However, in their defense... The new VS maxes don't exactly look aerodynamic...
Neither did the old ones. They looked like big purple space dildoes wearing bell-bottom jeans.

I'm just a reactionary old fart, I guess. Every time I hear music or see a feature from the old game, it makes me grin. I want jumping Vanu MAXes and a driver-only cert for the Prowler and a faster AMS. And a pony.
Old 2012-07-22, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

you got cylon fighters that have already been shown to be super aircraft turn on a dime.

You have weapons that have no drop and shoot lasers and appear very strong

yes you don't have the advantages you had in PS1.. but that's a good thing. Let it be even and let us all fight for it.

man up
Old 2012-07-22, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

10 years of incessant whining about faction imbalance have pretty much homogenized factions now.

I like saying this, "I told you so." My favorite 4 words.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Pyreal
First Sergeant

The Mag in PS1 had better mobility than other MBTs, but they also had a very accurate main gun and basically fired a laser.

Now the Mag still has mobility but has lost the speed of the laser, not to mention lack of a turret.

Turrets by definition revolve thus the Mag no longer has a turret, and no longer has lasers.

Pivoting the entire hull to get on target plus the increased projectile time both diminish the Mag's 'mobility', since they decrease the Mag's attacking speed.

I want attacking speed, not 'retreat speed'.

BOOOO!

Prepare yourselves for Rabblerabble as you have never seen it come Beta.

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
You have weapons that have no drop and shoot lasers and appear very strong
No drop is worthless for the CQBs that will be 99.98% of game play.
It will benefit snipers but the tradeoff is huge for that role.
"Yay I can I don't have to compensate to hit him with a spitwad!"

One day into game play and every non-retard sniper will have drop compensated for.

And I'm pretty sure I saw drop on the Mag's main gun, though not 100% sure.

"shooting lasers" is simply a part of the Vanu style. Style isn't a trade off, otherwise I could demand NC get gimped somewhere because their Medics get to wear plaid.

Last edited by Pyreal; 2012-07-22 at 10:11 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion