How is ps2 in comparsion to ps1 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: online 36/18/456 wait that's not right
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-10-21, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Huntsab
Sergeant

Re: How is ps2 in comparsion to ps1

I have given this game a chance and I don't like it. It is being released in one month and the crux of the game is shallow and boring. All I hear is "Oh, it's beta". Yeah I know this. We all do. Patch after patch has not improved the game play one bit. The game play is a total yawn fest. Great for you if you like it. Most Planetside vets hate it. Not all, but most.
Old 2012-10-21, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
OpolE
Sergeant Major

THey said they were changing base mechanics, I thought it would be like PS1 and I barely have to explore a base.

Theres no fights on steps or in gen rooms. I just have nothing to do apart from shoot long distances. Its shite!

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2012-10-21, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Shit

Comparing it to other games, eh.

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2012-10-21 at 10:33 AM.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Storn
Sergeant

I beta tested PS1 and it was good at first; got great after a few changes and vehicles added; then got bad after the expansion. I think PS2 will get great with time. I like the play but I have to agree that I will miss GEN room fights/holds.
Old 2012-10-25, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
I have given this game a chance and I don't like it. It is being released in one month and the crux of the game is shallow and boring. All I hear is "Oh, it's beta". Yeah I know this. We all do. Patch after patch has not improved the game play one bit. The game play is a total yawn fest. Great for you if you like it. Most Planetside vets hate it. Not all, but most.
Even if I didn't know you were making up that bit about PS vets, that accounts for what, a thousand players at most?

I notice you ignored my statement about how insane you would have to be to try and compare over 9 years worth of development to this beta. It fairly easy to see how close-minded you are - and I understand the power of nostalgia, I really do, so I guess I can't blame you completely.

I think MAX, Heavy, and Infiltrator needs some work. MAXes need to be able to run. The Heavy class needs to be fleshed out a bit more. Infiltrators need to be truly invisible even when moving until they are fairly close and need a decent gun for when they are going in to hack things - and they should get xp for hacking too.
Old 2012-10-25, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Jaybonaut View Post
try and compare over 9 years worth of development to this beta.
Just FYI, PS1 didn't have 9 years worth of development put towards it.
Old 2012-10-27, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Just FYI, PS1 didn't have 9 years worth of development put towards it.
Doesn't matter, it's far more than PS2 regardless and certainly far more support.
Old 2012-10-28, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
LorKhaan
Private

Never not compare apples and bananas
Old 2012-10-28, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Huntsab
Sergeant

Even if I didn't know you were making up that bit about PS vets, that accounts for what, a thousand players at most?
I am not making it up at all. Any player who was decent and understood PS1 does not like PS2. Maxfit players who couldn't hit the backside of a barn probably do as the dumbed down mechanics make it easy to kill. No more strafing and no more pressure to hit warpy dudes. I can see why those players enjoy PS2. They sucked at PS1 and now they can compete thanks to the TTK and sucky rifle comabt. Yawn
Old 2012-10-28, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
IronMole
Sergeant Major

I am not making it up at all. Any player who was decent and understood PS1 does not like PS2. Maxfit players who couldn't hit the backside of a barn probably do as the dumbed down mechanics make it easy to kill. No more strafing and no more pressure to hit warpy dudes. I can see why those players enjoy PS2. They sucked at PS1 and now they can compete thanks to the TTK and sucky rifle comabt. Yawn
Ah, so what you're essentially saying is that you suck at PS2 because you need to warp/lag in order to actually get a kill?
Old 2012-10-28, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

I am not making it up at all. Any player who was decent and understood PS1 does not like PS2.
Ohhhh I see. Since I'm a PS1 vet (from launch, mind you) then I must not have been any good. Yeah ok, easy to ignore you from now on I guess.
Old 2012-10-29, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Ohhhh I see. Since I'm a PS1 vet (from launch, mind you) then I must not have been any good. Yeah ok, easy to ignore you from now on I guess.
There have been plenty of PS1 "vets" from launch who were downright terrible at the PS1, even though they played for years. (Not referring you you since I don't know you).

Amount of time played =/= Level of player ability/skill

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-10-29, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
There have been plenty of PS1 "vets" from launch who were downright terrible at the PS1, even though they played for years. (Not referring you you since I don't know you).

Amount of time played =/= Level of player ability/skill
I was laughing at his logic, whereas if you were any good that you automatically hate PS2.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I was laughing at his logic, whereas if you were any good that you automatically hate PS2.
Well most of the "good" players I know, while they don't hate ps2, they don't really enjoy it. But that was like a month and a half ago, maybe things have changed.

I am/was moderately decent at PS1, but I don't really enjoy the direction of PS2, but I don't hate it :P

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-10-30, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
PredatorFour
Major

Dunno about anyone else but it pisses me off when people say the devs working on PS 2 didnt have 9 years of development time. Surely being a sequel to Planetside these 9 years should of counted towards the new game too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion