Maybe faction-swapping shouldn't be encouraged - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I can see you...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-15, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Re: Maybe faction-swapping shouldn't be encouraged

F2P changes things. Its trivial to get a new account, and this is simply the PS2 devs acknowledging that simple fact.

I do think the 3-character limit is sub-par though, particularly for subscribers.
Old 2012-12-15, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
F2P changes things. Its trivial to get a new account, and this is simply the PS2 devs acknowledging that simple fact.
No it doesn't. That's like a beat cop saying well, this is a high-crime neighborhood, so we might as well stop patrolling altogether.

It encourages treachery. It incentivizes it, as I said. It dangles the glowing golden reward of instant victory in front of the player base. And they'll use it. And they will destroy the freaking game with it. There is no 'community' when a critical mass of the player base is gleefully jumping to whatever side seems to be temporarily 'winning.' And it'll make a lot of other people log in nerdrage and never log back in.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-12-15 at 02:50 PM.
Old 2012-12-15, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Never have I been more glad that this forum has an ignore button.
Old 2012-12-15, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Alrikster
Private

It should be only 1 faction per server.

Its true what the guy on the first page said... Now its a common sight to see tr running 60-70 pop on 2 continents at once because all the no-spine assholes change faction to the winning team.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Griefing is against the TOS so if they do create a new character on their main account we can get those accounts they spent money banned for griefing.

Honestly I don't think you though much on this. This only helps people that paid money so I can play with friends on different factions like I am currently doing.

The current game allows for dropdown account switching making switching to a second account as easy as creating a new character on your current account and Honestly if I were going to grief and spy I would want it to be on another account that doesn't tie to my main. It just makes common sense.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

you should only be able to switch to the least populated faction on a server until that faction reaches a balanced point.
Old 2012-12-16, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
The Messenger
Corporal

SOE knows this will net them more money for the holiday. The holiday triple station cash day will cause a huge influx of side changes and SC purchases. This will be the nudge for everyone that is ambivalent about switching factions due to feeling their faction is underpowered. I think all factions will have people switcing but I'm expecting NC to get hit the worst. We'll just have to see how much territory they control after the holidays.
Old 2012-12-16, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Honeslty with the faction patriotism everyone portrays im suprised you still have the option to 4th faction, i loved it when i was locked into having one character of one faction on one server. Now you can make a character for each faction on the same server. Bravo just bravo

Old 2012-12-16, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Timealude
Captain

i have encountered alot of people in the past few days logging on going to a main battle throwing c4 on my tank and blowing up before logging out so i cant report them. This needs to stop now.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
i have encountered alot of people in the past few days logging on going to a main battle throwing c4 on my tank and blowing up before logging out so i cant report them. This needs to stop now.
Dream on, it looks like.
Old 2012-12-17, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Bags
Lieutenant General

If they don't allow you to swap in the same acct I'll make another. With my ssd booting the game is like 10 seconds.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion