Continent Locking. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Rawr!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-26, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Re: Continent Locking.

Agreed 100 percent newsith
Old 2013-01-26, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
There's one problem with this system, that I just figured out by modelling: It may cause alot of headaches if devs intend to keep 3 warpgates per continent.

4 Conts
5 Conts
6 conts
7 Conts

As you can see there're WAAAAAY to many flaws
4 conts is possible with two sancs each, with three shared home continents (sancs "link" to one another) and one link to the middle continent.

I've personally explored more the single sanc home continent idea. Note: assuming all have THREE warpgates. It's better if they make continents with four warpgates.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-01-26 at 09:49 PM.
Old 2013-01-26, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

If I understand the OP correctly, you're saying that the last warpgate an empire holds is it's foothold, no matter which one, right? Basically, there would be no "home" warpgate. I like this idea, at least until we get more continents. It seems a hell of a lot better than enemies being completely locked off the continent for a "period of time."

Once we have 5 or 6 continents, though, we should probably use one of Figment's setups, with each empire having a "home" continent with their foothold. Those warpgates would basically be identical to sanctuaries, except not on a different landmass. That would also help justify the imbalanced warpgate placement, too. The north warpgate on Indar would be one empire's sanc, the south on Esamir another's, and the the south on Amerish the last's.

Sorry if that was a little hard to read. It wasn't very important, and I'm tired.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Stanis
Master Sergeant

So "interlink facility".
Supposing it was literally that - a base that contained the warpgate.

Capital style shield drops at both ends of the link when either continent lock status is lost.
Then, without a shield any empire can use the warpgate.

The current resource model for fighting across continents is useless.
It'll be very hard to push out on a continent where you can grab maybe 3 vehicles before your resource pool is diminished and the enemy has an entire continent lock refilling their resources at 5 minute intervals.
Old 2013-02-02, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

I like the general direction this is heading but there is a slight problem with the ownership on one side being controlled by what happens at the other end.

At some point, you run the the risk of two empires controlling one side each at the opposite end of a continental link simultaneously and both would then inherit the other side respectively.

Voila - A loop of conflicting conditions.

I'm toying with the idea of controlling one side would only activate the link for your empire, but you need to establish domination (all adjacent territories) on both ends to get the coloured shield barrier, active vehicle spawners, tubes and all that jazz.

Though you have to make head room for people loading into the continent, so some form of no-fire safe zone has to be implemented in the immediate warp area if you allow two empires in the same warp gate. Which is prone to camping if not done right. No easy beef.

Last edited by Boomzor; 2013-02-02 at 07:34 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion