AGN: ReachCast Episode 42 CQ - For those of you who still don’t have an outfit, why? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Shooting AGN Cameramen since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-17, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
OCNSethy
Major

Re: ReachCast Episode 42 CQ - For those of you who still don’t have an outfit, why?

Its not so much the people (we are all pretty chilaxed on Briggs), its the time & committment factor.

I have a young family and I often start playing late at night for a couple of hours, if at all. I have had a few invites from outfits when playing and for the most part they are fun.

But Im the kind of guy that feels if I join a team / clan / outfit I need to make a solid committment to that team and given my time constraints, I can not. I would feel as if I am letting them down or being unreliable.

Thats not the team / outfit's fault, that my self imposed constraint.

Then there is the "how to I want to spend my two hours of me-time" issue. Sometime I just want to snipe, other times Im happy to roam around with the pubbies and zerg, other times I just want to repair stuff. I dont think it would be fair to my outfit to say, "Look, I know you want me to x but really, I just want to do y"

Anyway, TL/DR.. Its not an issue with outfits or their structure, its more to do with how I want to spend my time in game, with the small amount of free time I have.

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-07-17 at 09:39 PM.
Old 2013-07-18, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Re: ReachCast Episode 42 CQ - For those of you who still don’t have an outfit, why?

hmmm...

Just listened to the reachcast show, apparently we are all just too lazy to look up clans. Nevermind the fact, I replied on a forum that has a clan recruitment forum that I have personally posted on several forums looking for clans that fit my criteria and got little to no response. I have run my own clan and have been on several clans for games that had a purpose to be in a clan. Finding a decent clan in other games isnt hard, in this game, I find that most clans just have more issues than competitive games.

In game lookup? How is that any better than using a forum? Sure there are tons of outfits out there, but this game does everything in its power to find a clan for you very difficult. First, your character is limited to faction, so lets find an outfit that matches your faction. Next, you cannot transfer servers, so ok lets find an outfit that is your faction and on your server - hmm list is getting smaller. Now, lets look for outfits that are not run by military wannabes, thats our faction and on our server. List is getting pretty tiny. Now lets look for outfits that play when I am online, after 7pm PST, and do not have an overall time commitment for special ops nights. Ok thats pretty much everyone now. Yes I have read the forums here and on the official forums. MOST OUTFITS claim to be military tactic clans - that eliminates 90% of the clans right there.

Also, I would prefer to try out for outfits to see if they are actually team oriented or just a group of people, because if its just a group of people I can just pub join a squad and get the exact same thing.

For those outfits out there that want to recruit, I am still available for PSeharmony courtship:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55358

Its been there for a while, but it seems most outfits post but dont read the forums.

Last edited by Rahabib; 2013-07-18 at 10:35 AM.
Old 2013-07-18, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Did you ever try out GOTR Rahabib? Even if you have to start afresh (minus any NS weaponry you've purchased), they're a good group of laid back folks and a solid outfit that's been around since Planetside.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-18, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
hmmm...

Just listened to the reachcast show, apparently we are all just too lazy to look up clans.... [snip].
Well, thats dissappointing.

To be honest, I wasnt sure what I was expecting but that reply was high on my expectations.

Ive lone wolfed and zerged most of the time with this game. I guess I can wait some more for the right oportunity to arise.
Old 2013-07-19, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

I held out on joining an outfit for a long time, due mostly to the time commitment I thought would be expected and the lack of time I had available for playing the game, but also echoing many of Rahabib's concerns.

I did find after time though that exclusively lone wolfing it is pretty boring. I was constantly getting owned by full enemy squads and outfits. So, I recently joined the biggest NC outfit on the server and I find PS 2 is more fun. There's little strategic brilliance going on from the leaders but at least the platoons are full and all generally head to the same base at the same time, and you are never hellishly outnumbered to the point where you want to rage quit from the fight. And that's all I want from my 30 minute - 1 hour play sessions.

Also, nobody really knows me in the outfit, so no one cares if I want to go lone wolf instead. So I guess my point is, even as a lone wolf with no time, I now thing it's better to be part of an out/zergfit than nothing at all. There's no time commitment and no one cares about you, but you're playing platoon-level PS 2, so it's still more fun regardless. But there you go, just my opinion .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion