What keeps you playing? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide Koolaid: Resistance is futile
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-19, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Fazed
Corporal

Re: What keeps you playing?

I have a beastly computer and the game never really lagged for me since beta: always played on max resolution with no issues.

What bothered me I guess was that my outfit stopped playing after a while and I've had trouble moving on to another one.. I'll give another shot at planetside I guess, I believe I need a new start.
Old 2013-12-19, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Belhade
Sergeant

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
I play because I like to shoot other people. PS2 works just fine.
This. Lots of people to shoot, and it's free.
Old 2013-12-19, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Honestly, because I'm bored and don't feel like buying BF4 right now. Otherwise, this game does run faster (after only a full year) but it has made basically no progress in the content department. I come from PS1, PS2 beta, and launch, and I honestly can't wait for another company to make a real MMOFPS because at this point I'm ready to jump ship. (Still no Hossin... ya. This project has lost my faith.)
Old 2013-12-19, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Badjuju
First Sergeant

My outfit, the continual progress made with each update, and some of the ideas slated down the pipe.
Old 2013-12-20, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I just bought another year of Premium

Old 2013-12-20, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fazed View Post
I have a beastly computer and the game never really lagged for me since beta: always played on max resolution with no issues.

What bothered me I guess was that my outfit stopped playing after a while and I've had trouble moving on to another one.. I'll give another shot at planetside I guess, I believe I need a new start.
Yea, a good outfit can make this game.. a bad or non-existent one can kill this game for ya. Take a little time out and try multiple outfits. Find one that will fit what you like to do in game. I found an outfit that likes to do a bit of everything. Vehicles, infantry, flying, etc. Fits the way I like to play. There are quite a few vehicle-only outfits, infantry-only, air-only, etc. Find one that fits right, and you'll find you never want to leave.

It was really the same thing for me in PS1. I started playing, got into a good outfit... they slowly died out till it was me and 2 other guys.... I got bored and burned out... left. Played a few MMORPGs, then came back to Planetside on a whim and joined with my current outfit. Had a good year of great times, got pulled to two other MMORPGs by friends only to return to PS1 eventually.

When I heard about PS2 coming out... I knew I was going full in for it. Bought a new rig specifically for the game (with PS2 in mind fully while spec'ng the game). So all during the FPS issues for a lot of players, I was running great frames with no issues. While having a good core of outfit players from PS1 to play with.

The Social aspect of the MMOFPS can't be overstressed in my mind. If you are just lone-wofling all the time and unable to do smaller fights with a good squad of guys... then yea... it will be annoying... all you can really do then is run with the zerg.

A good squad can create a few smaller fights away from the main action and usually get a good squad or half platoon response. Something worth playing for.

Last edited by Calisai; 2013-12-20 at 02:25 PM.
Old 2013-12-21, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Hope...

Hope that bases will become defensible some day...
Hope that 7+ continents will look like Planetside one day...
Hope that the game becomes more complex, and not dumbed down...
Hope that eSports will not waste staffing, and poison developer design and mentality any longer...
Hope that the lattice will be relaxed further, yet become more complex...
Hope our player strategies & tactics increase, and not decrease...
Hope that armor and aircraft will actually participate in a combined arms capture & resource contribution, versus only infantry capturing tiny points for massive land grabs...
Hope that bases cease becoming fps arenas and get complex defenses, additional victory & defeat conditions like siege, power drain and even destruction...
Hope that some day we can actually call this FPS game an MMOFPS...
Hope for a sandbox with massive battles everywhere, instead of artificially funneling to create a fake Massive slogan...
Hope that development time is not continually siphoned away by cosmetic frivolousness..
Hope that they don't prematurely launch into some major naval battle/space battle massive undertaking making fulfilling the above hopes impossible...

Just hope.That's all I have.

They "adequately" got a handle on bugs, and they majorly optimized the game. A little bit of my hope became fulfilled.
Old 2013-12-21, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Hope, the great deceiver, leading us calmly to the very depths of hell where he cackles over our chard husk, knowing ever will he have souls to sacrifice!

Hope.... what a jerk!

He keeps me checking in on PS2, despite my better judgement. New patch, I upgraded my motherboard/cpu/ram, reinstalled windows, and went back to using my old router as the new one blew a gasket the other night (20,000 ping over a 3 foot ethernet cable even after I wiped it... poor thing, I think Netflix killed it lol). So Hope... he tells me I should try PS2 again, because maybe my hits won't stop registering this time!

Hope...
Old 2013-12-21, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I have a lot of fun every time I log in and play. My outfit is active and aggressive on the battlefield. The gunplay is wonderful. So I guess for me its easy.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lush
Private

After the latest patch... Friends!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion