Give the NC some cool shotguns! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: what, you were expecting something else?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-25, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: Give the NC some cool shotguns!

We were already going to get a shotty pistol but they scrapped it because the other factions complained. Namely because shotguns on infils; a mute argument in my eyes as smg's are already way more effective than that will ever be.
Old 2014-02-25, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
War Barney
Sergeant Major

I with soe would realise other factions will always complain about the NC, they don't want us to have any useful weapons so we are easy to farm. I don't even see how it would be to much (unless they balanced it badly) I'd see a shotty pistol being 1 shot that does maybe 3/4 hp.

And infiltrators have 1 shot kills from 300m away... how is a shotty pistol going to make a class designed to make the game less fun worse anyway?
Old 2014-02-25, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
And infiltrators have 1 shot kills from 300m away...
That is hardly an argument because OHK from 300 meters away a moving target is a pure luck and happens. Well. Almost never.

But sure it is possible
Old 2014-02-25, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Its not *luck* if you know how to lead a target properly you can do it a lot more, I've been 1 hit killed a TON while running (and of course even if they miss your head its only 2 shots). Sadly the shotty pistol COULD have been a 2 shot pistol but now the Xbow does that it would need to be a 1 shot kill to be worth having (unless it could just have 2 shots loaded)
Old 2014-02-25, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
almalino
First Sergeant

I've been 1 hit killed a TON while running
We have vastly different experience. When I constantly moving I cannot remember when last time I was OHK by sniper with bolt action. It is that rare for me.
Old 2014-02-25, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
AThreatToYou
Major

Its not *luck* if you know how to lead a target properly you can do it a lot more, I've been 1 hit killed a TON while running (and of course even if they miss your head its only 2 shots). Sadly the shotty pistol COULD have been a 2 shot pistol but now the Xbow does that it would need to be a 1 shot kill to be worth having (unless it could just have 2 shots loaded)
A shotty pistols advantage should be rate-of-fire, the disadvantage, range. So it takes 2 to kill, but can fire very quickly.
Old 2014-02-25, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Belhade
Sergeant

Aye a faction specific pistol would be cool, a shotgun pistol for the NC, perhaps a pistol with ultra fast fire for the TR (so its sort of a shotgun, unloads all its bullet in a VERY short time) and the VS could get something too... I just don't know whats cool to go with accuracy...
For the bolded part I'm envisioning a type system; maybe in a 3- or 4-barrel configuration for a pistol and a larger, 7- or 9-barrel matrix for larger weapons.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion