Re: Buying mods/sights with SC - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home to Hamma, Or "Hammer" as Marsman puts it
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-13, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: Buying mods/sights with SC

It is pay 2 win since day one.
Now take a cup o STFU and let's move on to the game.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-03-13, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
It is pay 2 win since day one.
Now take a cup o STFU and let's move on to the game.
Old 2014-03-13, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Pay to Win?

Define "Win."
The definition here is that you get an advantage by paying real money that somebody who doesn't pay real money wont have. As such it COULD be seen as pay to win doing this as it gives you a definite advantage having mods and scopes compared to people who don't, however as they can be bought with certs fairly cheaply its not that bad right now.

However this is how it starts, how long is it going to take from mods until you can buy everything with SC? Its just something I'd rather they stay away from, I don't trust any company to do it properly

And of course even though you can buy these things with certs and its not a lot for 1 mod you can mod every gun you own in a few minutes and you are using real money to buy things that simply make you more powerful....

Theres plenty of games making money with fair F2P systems like path of exile which do so as they are good games constantly adding content and because their f2p model is fair. If people aren't buying stuff then most likely its because they don't think the model is fair or the game isn't good enough for most people to want to pay money into it. If thats the case then you should be looking at whats making that the case instead of adding new ways for people to spend money which will just make people trust them even less.
Old 2014-03-14, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Osskscosco
Corporal

30 certs = 15 minutes of playtime.

wow so pay to much win
Old 2014-03-14, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Pay 2 win by it's very defintion is buying power that players have 'no' way of obtaining through in game means without money. There's nothing pay2win about planetside. You want to see an example of pay2win? Go look up Hero Online where you could buy gear that was flat better than everything else in the game for money. That is pay2win.
Old 2014-03-14, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Boildown
Sergeant

Your definition of "Pay To Win" is fucked up. Pay to win is getting stuff that isn't cosmetic that you can't get in any other way, with real money or real money equivalents (Station Cash). Because these items are easy to get with certs, this certainly does not make PS2 "Pay To Win".

I'm ok with re-defining marriage, but re-defining Pay To Win? Hells no.

The most Pay To Win thing in PS2 are the camos, assuming you believe they actually work. If you're going to make a Pay To Win rant, at least target something that is plausible.

Last edited by Boildown; 2014-03-14 at 09:18 PM.
Old 2014-03-15, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CraazyCanuck View Post
While it can be a slipery slope, if its the same as what's already out there, hardly p2w. People are paying to avoid grinding.
AKA: Farming. Which is one of the things killing the game. Regardless of wherever this is pay2win or not I think we can all agree that whatever it is is doing more harm then good currently.

Now that's not to say it shouldn't be free to play. What I'm saying is that people should be rewarded more for, say, taking down the spawn points instead of farming them (A higher XP reward for being in an area where an enemy sun is destroyed perhaps). bases are however another matter as one could camp before taking the base regardless.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-03-15 at 02:42 AM.
Old 2014-03-15, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

The only way to make farming not a thing would be to make the game subscription-based, so that people could get easy access to everything.

As it is now, the cert cost for items is deliberately fuckhooge to provide incentive to pay real money for items- that's necessary for the game to make any money. But if the game was getting the bulk of its money from subscriptions rather than micro-transactions, SOE wouldn't have to make the items as difficult to get in-game.

Wrel did a really good video on this topic.

Old 2014-03-15, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sarloh
Corporal

And they promised us that weapon attachments will only be available with certs. They broke the promise.
Old 2014-03-16, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
The only way to make farming not a thing would be to make the game subscription-based
So by that logic, Team Fortress 2 has lots of farming in it? (A HIGHLY successful game I might add) The answer isn't to make the game subscription based but to find OTHER ways of earning an income. Regardless, something needs to be done about the farming.

I mean, if TF2 can be free and earn its money on little else then lots of hats (which can also be gained free yet not in PS2), then why can't PS2?

Anyway, I say give higher XP rewards the quicker suns are removed and bases are taken. That alone would probably go a long way to fixing the farming issue. Up to a point of course, if there's a 50-50 pop and a fight drags on, slowly raise the XP back up after it drops for not being fast enough.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-03-16 at 05:14 AM.
Old 2014-03-16, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

If the game was subscription based though you would see a lot of servers die as only like 10% of players or something like that actually put money down on F2P games on average.
Old 2014-03-16, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
So by that logic, Team Fortress 2 has lots of farming in it? (A HIGHLY successful game I might add) The answer isn't to make the game subscription based but to find OTHER ways of earning an income. Regardless, something needs to be done about the farming.

I mean, if TF2 can be free and earn its money on little else then lots of hats (which can also be gained free yet not in PS2), then why can't PS2?

Anyway, I say give higher XP rewards the quicker suns are removed and bases are taken. That alone would probably go a long way to fixing the farming issue. Up to a point of course, if there's a 50-50 pop and a fight drags on, slowly raise the XP back up after it drops for not being fast enough.
TF2's a false-comparison, since it isn't an RPG and isn't really progression based. It's a skirmish/death-match game.

You know what progression-based shooter does have a problem with farming, though? Call of Duty.

Did you watch the video?

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
If the game was subscription based though you would see a lot of servers die as only like 10% of players or something like that actually put money down on F2P games on average.
Haven't a lot of servers died already? The server-merge (which was due to low-pop) killed, what, ~half of the game's servers?

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-03-16 at 05:24 PM.
Old 2014-03-17, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
bites
Corporal

Originally Posted by sarloh View Post
and they promised us that weapon attachments will only be available with certs. They broke the promise.
quickly to the pitchforks!!

.... -_-
Old 2014-03-17, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Hm. If that's what SOE PROMISED and it's one that has been broken then all I have to say is that I'm dissapointed.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Well, I started an alt and I am thanking them for allowing me to buy sights with SC. Iron sights suck balls after getting used to the others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion