News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look Ma, no life!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-26, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #301
Arkanor
Private

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Wow of all the things they showed off in that trailer, you can do maybe 2 in the game.

(drop pod and stab people)
Old 2012-07-26, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #302
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
and they were nice but the thing is its not going to grab peoples attention, im just saying these kind of trailers generate sales and sales are what is needed to keep a company running. look at swtor granted the game failed but look how much money it generated and how much hype it was giving because of that trailer.
This is a F2P game, longevity is important. Your example was not very good.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #303
Boogster
Private

It's great, and I can't really believe I'm pissed off at the lack of TR but I am. I agree with all of those who are saying that it feels generic as well. I fear nobody spent enough time thinking of ways to highlight the things that will make PS different.
Ah well, it doesn't matter in the long run, and it was pretty ace.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #304
Ratstomper
Major

and they were nice but the thing is its not going to grab peoples attention, im just saying these kind of trailers generate sales and sales are what is needed to keep a company running. look at swtor granted the game failed but look how much money it generated and how much hype it was giving because of that trailer.
I'm saying misrepresenting what your product is won't get you sales ANYWAY. That's bad form in business. Especially with a f2p game. They're best bet would have been to target people who are into the multi-player aspect, the diversity of classes and equipment and/or the premise of the game. They didn't really make any of those things clear.

This may likely be a reason SWTOR failed.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-26 at 01:49 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #305
MGP
Sergeant

Would anyone want to play TR after watching this?
Old 2012-07-26, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #306
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Arkanor View Post
Wow of all the things they showed off in that trailer, you can do maybe 2 in the game.

(drop pod and stab people)
Jump, jetpack, fire guns, set up squad spawns, drive tanks, MAXes and GALs.

You got a few seconds showing a shitload of people at the same time, but they were too short and most viewers would dismiss it as trailer nonsense, nothing that would be in the game.
That is a shame, in my opinion. It IS a nice trailer, I agree, but it does not show what PS2 is all about when they could "easily" (Alright, I have no idea how easy it would be, but you get what I am saying) been showing people true, unique Planetside things.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #307
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
it doesn't matter who you're rooting for or what your favorite unit is; every person watching gets a moment of awesomeness.
That was what I was hoping for. The view in the trailer swoops inside the TR Gal and I thought yeah! Now I get to see THE PROFESSIONALS do something awesome for ten seconds...! It's what the teaser promised me!

And instead they all got shot to shit and did nothing.

The people who directed this, whether at SOE or the company that did the damn work, swung and... got to first base. It might have been a home run.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #308
Fara
Corporal

Honest fan reaction? Wow nice Trailer I can appreciate the artwork and hype this will generate. But... in my gut I feel heavily disappointed at the direction this movie took. (lack of TR representation).

You can imagine the briefing the Dev's gave the cinematic crew.
Higby: oo OO yeah Light Assault!, NC, kicking TR commy ass *nerdgasm*
T_Ray: But the VS kicks yo ass in the end *aww yeah.
Random employee: what about the TR?
Higby & T_ray: who?

Anyhow, butthurt feelings aside, kudos I guess.
Fara.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #309
SenorVandal
Private

Wow! Nice! I didn't realize SOE was releasing a Planetside Single Player Spin-off.

Also, as Bittermen pointed out:

Old 2012-07-26, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #310
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Kemeros View Post
Now how about we recreate this
Can we give ten seconds to a single TR squad acting disciplined and holding its own?

Can we show the NC guy respawning?
Old 2012-07-26, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #311
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fara View Post
You can imagine the briefing the Dev's gave the cinematic crew.
Higby: oo OO yeah Light Assault!, NC, kicking TR commy ass *nerdgasm*
T_Ray: But the VS kicks yo ass in the end *aww yeah.
Random employee: what about the TR?
Higby & T_ray: who?
My thoughts exactly. Is there a single person within SOE who favors TR?
Old 2012-07-26, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #312
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Yes it will get people to look deeper into the game, but I bet you 9 times out of 10 they will be thinking they are looking up a single game until they get there.

I'm slightly disappointed. I think they could have done an audience grab without being ludicrously one-sided. The TR don't even seem like a faction. When I show my mates, they'll ask "what team are you?" "um, the read guys."

The TR could have been the existing bully boys kicking ass and taking names and you could still have had your "hero" come along and be all "freedomy". The VS phase at the end is pretty nice.

Ah well more players, more targets. Kill em all

Last edited by Ruffdog; 2012-07-26 at 02:04 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #313
Phazed
Private

Im actually pissed at this ... i dont care TR are misrepresented, i care than they misrepresented the Game. When a LA goes gun hoe like that he dies... and respons as in the Name of the damn trailer but that doesnt seem to matter as noone respawns in the trailer, So when we see this trailer we see 1 guy flying through the air killing an army yes its eye catching and yes you are going to get a crowd in and attracted who want to be a solo light assualt who can kill 20 guys and once they get in and see they cant they move on.

I will put it this way , this trailer will NOT hurt the game it is going to be a great game and i will enjoy it, what it will hurt is SOE and there profits not in the fact of a true hurt but rather a huge missed oppurtunity, this trailer could have been just as epic while showing a much more accurate representation of what this game is all about.

Is an epic trailer with more than one faction and truly conveys what the game is about no I`m not mad because of the TR misrepresentation I`m mad due to the lost opportunity for this game and thats all there is to it.

If your going to sell a bicycle sell a damn bicycle not a motorbike because you think that more people will come into your store if you advertise that you have motorbikes in the end they will all walk out upset because they didn't want to buy a damn bicycle.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #314
Naz The Eternal
First Sergeant

Misc Info

A change of pants is necessary after watching that trailer...

OUTFIT OFFICER
Vanu Sovereignty
Old 2012-07-26, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #315
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Won't grab attention...but will generate sales? Do you understand how advertising works at all?

wtf?

Kids, its a fun trailer meant to look cool. That's all. Lets grow up and realize this faster. Its not even the game's launch trailer for crying out loud.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion