It's 2011.. - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: line starts here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-03-30, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #301
Ant001
Corporal

Re: It's March..

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
To this day, it's second to none in my book, and I've played some truly awesome games. I fear that SOE has dropped the ball and will break faith with a lot of people if something doesn't happen before April 1st. A lot of people were burned by Planetside's inability to sustain and/or SOE's marketing/PR follies. I daresay they will NOT give SOE a second chance no matter how bad-ass Next may be.
I have 15 mates who I have played all kinds of games with ...from moh:aa to wow to cod:bo. These guys all read about PS:N and sony. Smed was quoted as saying march so all these guys have been talking about it for a month. I am the ONLY one who has acctually played PS and I have explained how awsome it is and they are all desperate to play. We are starved for a decent game. These guys tend to stick to one game so I am praying its out before swtor. I so want us to play PS and not another wow in space suits.

I forgot to say...smed is only tweeting because that shity free realms went live on the console today.

Last edited by Ant001; 2011-03-30 at 10:59 AM. Reason: p.s.
Old 2011-03-30, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #302
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

IMO SWTOR will be a flop. There is no other game besides planetside in my book.
Old 2011-03-30, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #303
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by krnasaur View Post
IMO SWTOR will be a flop. There is no other game besides planetside in my book.
Whatever you do, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. I'm sure that the game providing regular communication with it's potential audience, based on a proven franchise is not exactly worried about being outdone by the sequel to a game with a small but rabid fanbase whose developers have released all of 4 pictures.
Old 2011-03-30, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #304
Aractain
Major

Planetside was a flop, tor will probably beat that lol.
Old 2011-03-30, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #305
morf
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
What he responded to would help with the context.
Here's a summary of the convo:

Q: how did that planetside 2 meeting go?
A: I have no idea what you are talking about, that was a planetside next meeting

Q: Beta for all current subscribers? Confirm/Deny?
A: Not yet.

Q:Website/Trailer launch imminent?
A:Sorry, soon. Believe me we will be proud to show.
Old 2011-03-30, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #306
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
Whatever you do, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. I'm sure that the game providing regular communication with it's potential audience, based on a proven franchise is not exactly worried about being outdone by the sequel to a game with a small but rabid fanbase whose developers have released all of 4 pictures.
Good point. But if you stand up and look at SWTOR, you get a MMORPG with only 4 types of classes(trooper, smuggler, jedi knight, and consular, with their sith counterparts). What I have also noticed was the combat and graphics look like they are from KOTOR1, and that was like 5 years ago on a previous gen of systems. Also, with their recent love for over simplified ability trees it makes you wonder (ME1 to ME2, and DA:O to DA2) What will this game accel at that noone has done before?
Old 2011-03-30, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #307
Senyu
First Lieutenant

A game now that is just Click ability on Hotbar, hit on percentage, deal x damage, repeat.........is just a regurgitated clone of every other mmo out now. Doesn't matter how you dress it up, from orc to starship to jedi, its all the same. One reason why I like Planetside, and also why im hoping blizz "Next Gen MMO" is gona be good
Old 2011-03-30, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #308
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Good point. But if you stand up and look at SWTOR, you get a MMORPG with only 4 types of classes(trooper, smuggler, jedi knight, and consular, with their sith counterparts). What I have also noticed was the combat and graphics look like they are from KOTOR1, and that was like 5 years ago on a previous gen of systems. Also, with their recent love for over simplified ability trees it makes you wonder (ME1 to ME2, and DA:O to DA2) What will this game accel at that noone has done before?
I was thinking that SW:TOR would basically be an endless KOTOR experience. And I loved both of the KOTORs so much, I could settle for that.

Still, it would definitely take a back seat to PS2. MUST...HAVE...INFO!!!!
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2011-03-30, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #309
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

1 day and 2 hrs left!
Old 2011-03-31, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #310
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

I can't believe no one has posted this.
Old 2011-03-31, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #311
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

But Planetside would have done anything to have subscriber numbers like Galaxies had at it's peak. And Galaxies was a train wreck. My point is that the game that honestly doesn't need the extra hype seems to have a totally on the ball development team busy spoonfeeding information to their audience and getting people excited.

We're digging for breadcrumbs. SOE not communicating is fine if they're not nearly as far along as they implied they are. If the game is potentially launching at all this year then this lack of news is astoundingly bad even for them.
Old 2011-03-31, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #312
Moneypennie

Originally Posted by Moneypennie View Post
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...r-affected-too

SOE is closing studios, the agency may not even launch, and that game was announced and everything. I don't think it will happen this month, or any month folks. Radio silence means that they probably found out that SOE was closing studios and the project got scrapped. I'm so sorry all. Hopefully someone else will pickup the project.
Poor planetside next
Old 2011-03-31, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #313
Lucage
Private

Perhaps the big annoucemnt in March was SOE laying staff off.
Old 2011-03-31, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #314
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

@RachelLovesDogs I have zero idea what you could possibly be referring to.. That was a planetside next meeting.
Didn't they register the website planetside zero or something?

EDIT: Nvm that was Project: X not project zero lol :P

Last edited by I SandRock; 2011-03-31 at 09:20 AM.
Old 2011-03-31, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #315
Miir
Malvision

New topic name:

It's still happening...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion