News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 22 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-21, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #316
Nobel
Master Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

RadarX, Higby, Smed, and to whomever it may concern:

I just have one quick line I must send to you.

Rarely do companies make a move that is so universally seen, and thought of as a bad decision by the community at large BEFORE it is too late. I have played Planetside 1 for over 11 years now. I have made lifelong friends over these 11 years that I still play PS1 with, tonight. You are suggesting that I "find another game" to play with these friends with, the only message I see from this is that you do not want me to play your products in the way that I see fit, with the friends that I see fit. This is not what Online Gaming is about. This is not what your company should be about. Please... fix this... don't assume you know what your consumers want even when they are all telling you the opposite.

TLDR : I don't want to find another game to play with my friends. I want to play your game with my friends. Don't Make me choose, as Ill choose my friends over you.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #317
Beagle
Private

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Isn't there some way we can boycott this? Fight it? I know we aren't all American, but mother fuck, everyone has the right to fight for what they want....
Make your voice heard, post in these threads, send Smedley an e-mail (a constructive e-mail, not hate-mail, that's not really going to help anything )

You're doing SOE a favour by making sure they know this is a colossal bungle. I'm sure they'd prefer their game not fail too.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #318
Hydra
Sergeant

Angry Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

This is horrific.
And This is why I don't trust SOE, fuck John Smedley, now I wonder whats next on their list of things to fuck up.There's gonna be alot of orphans like myself in PS2, and its going to painful seeing all those broken outfits.

If its possible to create accounts for overseas friends, sign me up as one of the people willing to help, I will dedicate the time in doing so.

I'm seriously gonna miss hearing women with those sexy British accents. Dammit.

EDIT: I'm am seriously pissed off at this, but SOE doesn't and will not ever give a shit about the community. Another company that actually cares about the community is going to create a game that rivals SOE and thier bullshit and then I seriously hope SOE fucking burns down to the ground when they aren't a relevant gaming company anymore.

Last edited by Hydra; 2012-02-21 at 11:31 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #319
Corax
Sergeant

@Fenrys Go right ahead buddy, I cant at the moment because I am about to go teach one of my classes, so your more then welcome too.

In another idea, can someone who knows how to, get a Poll going on here. That way we can Vote, and actually show some numbers towards possible preferences?

Perhaps make the categories,
With modern technology for servers and getting the best ping possible I think this is a fair attempt at a balanced poll.

A. Yes to region locked servers. Low Ping
B. Yes to region servers (not locked) Low Ping
C. Yes to one server for all regions (Current Planetside) Medium Ping
D. Yes to one main server (Medium ping), but with optional servers for each region with (Low Ping)

Last edited by Corax; 2012-02-21 at 10:55 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #320
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hydra View Post

If its possible to create accounts for overseas friends, sign me up as one of the people willing to help, I will dedicate the time in doing so.
I offered to do that earlier, but the more people the better
Old 2012-02-21, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #321
Reginald
Private

Count me in too, hell I'll setup a VPN for anyone who wants to use my connection to register an account.
Old 2012-02-21, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #322
Papagiorgio
Corporal

There are a number of high quality, high performance proxy services out there which will give you a US IP address for a few bucks (or Euros/Pounds) a month. So there are workarounds here.

Papagiorgio, CR5 NC Markov
Old 2012-02-21, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #323
FHMathew
Corporal

Hey folks, Long read that was :P

As a fairly new player to the Planetside scene I have been extremely exited about this new release and I have been promoting the game on the Forgotten Honor forums. The community I come from is an international community we have had thousands of players past and present all over the world, And I cant wait to represent Forgotten Honor in PS2.

Forgotten Honor is totally new to the planetside scene I jumped at the chance to start promoting this game on our forums when one friend on steam told me about it. I recognized it from the time when I played the free trial of PS1 years ago fuck knows when that was

This news has really took me by shock and saddens me. I have real respect for the guys who have stuck with the 1st game and are exited about the new release, Being in Forgotten Honor for 3 years I have this dedication to with players I've lead and I have bonded with them and made friendships. This is one of the reasons I want to represent Forgotten Honor in PS2 I want to give them a totally new experience of FPS. If there was a region lock I would only be able to attract certain players "Here's this awesome game but there's a catch we wont all be able to play together" It just would not be a good attraction for big gaming community's who want to come into this game and play together especially international ones.

We all know that PS2 promised to look after the veterans, So far imo they have not lived up to that statement, By taking away the opportunity for players, groups and outfits who have played together for over 9 years away from them. I wouldn't say that's looking after you exactly

From what I have seen today, I feel sorry for the devs who are working on the game. Imagine putting all this effort on the actual game and having no population to play it just from one mistake from those higher up, No person in their right mind would want that to happen ! (probably would never happen but anything can happen)

If we had to create 2 accounts I would find it more of an annoyance than anything else but as long as I get to bring my group in and be able to play together internationally I will be happy. The game will be amazing whatever the case with the help of the community in beta but it's the decisions the Boss's make towards the community that will make this whole thing fly or sink.

I probably forgot to say alot of things I've been muttering to myself the whole time while reading these forums lol. Is there any public teamspeak you guys go to to talk about this stuff would like a good chat with some Planetside people for a change :P
Old 2012-02-21, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #324
Lazza
Private

This is very worrying... I'm Australian and I fear the direction they are taking will land us here on an Asian server, and we know the The9 has already signed up as the Asian partner.

I don't want to be taunted in some language I don't understand whilst standing in the corner nursing my cycler, nodding and smiling.
Old 2012-02-21, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #325
Chefkoch
Sergeant

So Planetside 2 will not be on Steam too like DCU, EQ2 and all the other F2P SOE Games ?

Well 30mil potential players lost because nobody gives a damn about ProSieben Sat1 Media Group...well done SOE.
Old 2012-02-21, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #326
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by FHMathew View Post
I probably forgot to say alot of things I've been muttering to myself the whole time while reading these forums lol. Is there any public teamspeak you guys go to to talk about this stuff would like a good chat with some Planetside people for a change :P
Hey, I've been meaning to try that game for awhile now, now I just feel bad. ^_^;

We do have an IRC on this site, it's nice to hang out on.

Yea i'm sure you can appreciate coming from such a broad organization how nice it is to be able to play with all these international people side by side as a team.
Old 2012-02-22, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #327
cellinaire
Captain

Still no official comments or dev tweets about this. Hmm...
Old 2012-02-22, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #328
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Fix it SOE or the bunny gets it!
Old 2012-02-22, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #329
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by cellinaire View Post
Still no official comments or dev tweets about this. Hmm...
probably because it's outside their ability to effect. I'm sure Higby and T-Ray are doing their best to get it fixed but this is beyond them and it's already in contract. they're more than likely (hopefully) brainstorming ways to get the players what they want but i dk
Old 2012-02-22, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #330
MadKat
Private

Well this is a bum wrap, poor move SOE.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion