Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 23 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Make a wish
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-21, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #331
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by Kerrec View Post
My 2 issues:

Underbarrel attachment screw up the weapon sequence. What I mean is, I'm used to hitting the "3" key to get the repair tool or the revive gun. When I equip a weapon with an underbarrel, I end up shooting friends with pistols. This is irritating to no end. Either:

1) give me the ability to assign my own weapon key bindings, or
2) place the underbarrel as weapon slot 4, not 2.

The other thing is grenades. They bounce like rubber super balls. I can practice getting a grenade on target when the target is far away. But if I want to lob a grenade into a room, I'm S.O.L. I've had cases where I threw into a doorway, it hit the wall inside the room and bounced back out.

Please, take a hand size rock. Throw it against a solid wall. See how far it bounces. Once you've analyzed the physics, then please fix to make either:

1) a secondary throwing option to just lob short range, or
2) make the grenades a lot less bouncy (in the vertical). The ground is rock or dirt, not rubber!
Grenades are fiddly bastards. I am now refusing to throw anything but Concussion nades.
Old 2013-05-21, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #332
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

1) Yah UI improvements for choosing different loadouts for your class would be awesome. The drop down menu in battle is rough to use.

2) Shoulder decals don't display on all of the armor. Rexo with the composite armor for example.

3) Ranks are awards are fun, can we have some better way of displaying it? Bars, medals, or symbols on your chest? Planetside 1 made it very clear who was new, and who was older by the color of the armor. Some sort of visual representation is always fun.

4) More music? you hardly hear it, like, ever. I think I've heard the planetside 2 theme once in 8 months.. the first time I logged in. Ever since then, I hear empire music on character select. And nothing in game really.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-05-21 at 06:14 PM.
Old 2013-05-21, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #333
camycamera
Major

Double the flight ceiling, it will make ESF fights better without being distracted and killed by ground units.

and imagine a Galaxy drop, people just drop down from the sky from nowhere, that would be awesome
Old 2013-05-21, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #334
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Kerrec View Post

The other thing is grenades. They bounce like rubber super balls. I can practice getting a grenade on target when the target is far away. But if I want to lob a grenade into a room, I'm S.O.L. I've had cases where I threw into a doorway, it hit the wall inside the room and bounced back out.

Please, take a hand size rock. Throw it against a solid wall. See how far it bounces. Once you've analyzed the physics, then please fix to make either:

1) a secondary throwing option to just lob short range, or
2) make the grenades a lot less bouncy (in the vertical). The ground is rock or dirt, not rubber!
i thought they allready fixed that? i need to test in VR then, because i thought they at least lowered down the bouncy-ness from my experience?
Old 2013-05-21, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #335
Falcon_br
Captain

I have a new bug from GU 08.
When I change my vehicle permission, from anything to anything, like unlocked to squad/platoon, if I am inside the vehicle my game open a loading screen and it freezes there.
The only way I can make it work it is getting out the vehicle and changing the permission outside of it.
It is bad because sometimes I need someone to pilot my liberator and I can't do that in air!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-21, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #336
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Not sure if it has been mentioned (probably has)

Labels for friendly tank mines doesn't show until you are practically on top of them, have to creep up on them to know if it is friendly or enemy.

please increase the label range for friendly tank mines.

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2013-05-22, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #337
Grapes
Private

please for the love of god PLEASE!!!! make the menus static. I hate loading in the menus every single time.... it makes me want to blow a hole through my head.
Old 2013-05-22, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #338
Misato
Private

A cosmetice annoyance; the ability to display my decals on my infantry composite armor sets. I like my decals for my infantry and like the composite armors for them but alas I can't wear and show both

-The stupid revive screen staying up after reviving. This has happened a few times.

-Grenades shouldn't bounce like one those freaking rubber balls you get from a gumball machine. Also the ability to cook off the grenade would be cool.

-performance optimization please.
Old 2013-05-23, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #339
commandotimmy
Private

spawning in with zero health.

let medics put down med packs like engis do with Ammo. oh and let ammo packs be tossed down vs. trying to set them down like its fine china.

spawn on Galaxy.

turn down the team damage.

fix engi wrench so you don't have to move all over the place trying to get the meter to show up.

thats it for now.
Old 2013-05-23, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #340
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Heya guys -

After GU09 finishes up we're going to be focusing most of the team on a Game Update that's largely going to be player requested enhancements to "quality of life" and bug fixes.

!
Players collision with ennemy as to come back , keep it remooved for friendly but please manage to take it back for ennemy
Old 2013-05-23, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #341
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Players collision with ennemy as to come back , keep it remooved for friendly but please manage to take it back for ennemy
Did they remove collision to the enemy?
Didn't get really close to the enemies today, but the collision with enemies was working on GU 08!
I just know that on GU 09 great battle are not causing those annoying bug it did, like not working ammo pack and go on, but all those enemy corpses on the ground that didn't allowed you to advance was a pain in the ass!
If removing collision fixed those bugs, I can live without it, even hating those light assault with shotguns that when we didn't have collisions, they exploited that moving inside you, so you couldn't target then, but they could target you.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-23, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #342
Canaris
Contributor
General

The Prowler not having a central cannon system, makes my quality of life plummet

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-23, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #343
laovniux
Private

Misc Info

FIX THE FUCKING CRASHES

Its been a whole day since the patch and still no fix? Comon! I know SOE breaks something with every new patch but at least it wasn't completely game breaking. Impossible to play the game now. A disconnect every 20 minutes.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #344
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Base redesigns and shield door redesigns
Old 2013-05-23, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #345
RGEN
Private

If you Deconstruct your Vehicle in the Warpgate you get your resources back. Call it a resources recycle.

I can't tell you how many times I've spawned a vehicle only to realize it was the wrong load-out I forgot to equip my new purchase or some how something got unequipped. This is no problem for infantry equipped your medpack but need c4 just resupply, change a class on the fly. Want to swap auto-repair for stealth, your screwed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion