Punkbuster? ohh no - Page 23 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just say no.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-20, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #331
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

Re: the sad realization...

Originally Posted by AgtPanda View Post
blame the stupid hackers
the people that use them are stupid, but the people that make them are actually quite smart
Old 2012-07-20, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #332
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Braveliltoaster View Post
the people that use them are stupid, but the people that make them are actually quite smart
Do you have something you'd like to get off your chest?
Old 2012-07-20, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #333
Deckura
Private

Why do you make so many pointless threads? Shutup, please.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #334
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by mcww View Post
That's because VAC isn't meant to be an insta-kill every hacker system. It works on delayed banning, but when you get games with dedicated servers and you join a server that's actively admined, it's not so much of a problem.

Problem is, Call of Duty, decided to do away with ranked dedi's, and therefore the ability to actively admin at all.
I totally realize all of this. That said, PunkBuster probably doesn't need to be an insta-kill either. It's just the way you set it up. That said, PS2 does have dedicated servers, and only that. I was merely stating that VAC is not be-all end-all. Regardless of which solution you choose, you end up with a mix of in-game admins, an automatic anti-cheat scanning system like VAC or PB and game-specific checks.

I am long glad they didn't go with Frost or GameGuard ^^

Last edited by Lunarchild; 2012-07-20 at 09:37 PM.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #335
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Braveliltoaster View Post
I'll give you that they're smart... but totally misguided and mostly jackasses for making hacks in the first place. In my book, that makes them WORST than the "stupid" people that use them.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #336
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
I'll give you that they're smart... but totally misguided and mostly jackasses for making hacks in the first place. In my book, that makes them WORST than the "stupid" people that use them.
ahh well put I agree
Old 2012-07-20, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #337
QFAN
Private

Re: Punkbuster? ohh no

……hey,If the game is free and you can register an account after getting banned, what's the point of banning??? Also with all those dynamic IP address assignment for residential users, ban IP isn't an option either.

So basically, you can't ban cheaters in Free-to-Play games!

Then what can SOE do? I'm really worried that PS2 will die in a month after launch because of hacking.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #338
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
Well, yes, technically they're the real criminals here. In most cases they're profiting by making live miserable for people who want to have fun.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #339
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

Someone mentioned this in that thread that was linked to, and if it actually happens, I will be so happy. Everyone hates a hacker, so if someone's hacking, tell their team and (hopefully) they'll teamkill them to s**t. I really do hope this ends up happening.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #340
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Deckura View Post
Why do you make so many pointless threads? Shutup, please.
lol welcome to the ignore list have fun there scrub
Old 2012-07-21, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #341
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Considering the size of the game it would be likely hackers will end up on opposing forces. Perhaps they will end up fighting each other. Never actually seen more than one hacker on a game, though my experience with pc games is probably far less than the majority of you.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #342
Radant-J
Corporal

Has Higby at ALL commented on this? I'd love to hear what he has to say about using such a dated and weak system to defend his creation....
Old 2012-07-21, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #343
The Loverator
Corporal

Thumbs up Re: the sad realization...

Originally Posted by TAA View Post
Just wait for the murder hacks that will be out before beta is even finished.

Just wait for the "Murder" Sentences that will be spoken out from Judge's - aside that some Hacker's should "really" just get their Fingers chopped off. *Cough Cough* : )

If some little, sorry "Software-Terrorist"-Twat's really wanna know it, People should let them taste all Hardships the Law can bestow.

At some Point, even my Patience just runs out. In the Past, i had played any kind of "Game" now without using Cheats and Hack's - since my whole Life. And if some Scum, (yes really. S.C.U.M. ) thinks he can piss into other People's Free Time and their Work 'AND' the Work of other's,

they should really prepare for everything that could happen to them and their Life's.
Some People really seem to see "dignified" Action's and Handling of modern Justice towards Criminal's as Weakness, right?

At some Point and in some Case's, the incredible "Rancidness" of some People really provoce's ugly, unsightly Thoughts of Measures against them.
Year for Year now, i hear again "and again and again" from Hacker's who try to ruin other People's Fun for good.

I may get banned or warned for this Post, but i guess some People are only then satisfied if other's break and cripple their Hands to some Extent, are they?
Honestly, my Patience for such... ... "People"... ... runs out slowly. And the only things that protects their Body's Intactness is the Fact that i have no Opportunity to get them in my Hands. ^^#

greetings, a slightly pissed off LV.

Last edited by The Loverator; 2012-07-21 at 06:16 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #344
chrislocho
Private

To be honest, the hackers have less incentive to hack as the servers are far fewer than a normal game such as bf or cod. So any admin looking at the server can quickly spot a hacker from the rest of the legit players, I don't/ hope this isn't a problem in PS2
Old 2012-07-21, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #345
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

In PS1 mods run around invisible.
If they suspect you, they stab you with a knife and see whether you get wounded.
If you are lucky they heal you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion