News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 25 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I can see you...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-26, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #361
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Originally Posted by Phazed View Post
I`m actually not to butthurt about the lack or TR representation ... and no getting blown up continuously is not representation but look at that assault on the plant, they show valiant defenders not just heads to be shot, huge difference which could have changed the whole view of the trailer to less rambo more tactical team shooter
You're complaining the TR didn't put up enough of a fight? If you want to go there, let's go there. At least a dozen NC Light Assault jumped off that cliff and only 1 made it to the destination. How's that for putting up a fight? If you need a reminder, there is exploded NC blood on the camera from 1:17 - 1:23

Old 2012-07-26, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #362
Fara
Corporal

Meh its Karma, NC have the worst hill-billy music so they had to get something. CGI Rambo trailer [X] Check.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #363
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Awesome cinematic, that's for sure!

Also, can anyone help me:
I'm doing subs for my fellow *******, but I can't figure out what the radiochatboy is saying at 0:26, 0:34, and 2:18, and what the NCxPwnz0rDude is saying at 2:08 (Something like "And a ******ing lust" or something, I definitely lack english epithets in my vocabulary, the overall volume of the video doesn't help much either).
2:08 - "And endure, we must"
2:18 - "Gosh dangit! The marker is set! Drop drop drop!"

Old 2012-07-26, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #364
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

First, I'll start of by saying UK time sucks and I missed all of this thread, secondly, pardon my french, it's un-fucking-believable. I don't care that it's focus is on an NC, it's a cinematic, not a documentary.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #365
ITOS
Corporal

As boss as the NC soldier seems, I don't think he planned on the Galaxy crashing him right into his objective. TR almost foiled the mission and NC completed it largely through luck.

Why the VS felt it necessary to stab the NC soldier at the end is beyond me, though. He had already planted the beacon and reinforcements were on it's way. I'm guessing they just wanted to grab an easy kill (he must have been low on health after that crash) after completing their own objective.

Also, we need a better name for that guy. "Cheif" was called over the radio but I don't really like that for obvious reasons.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #366
Psi
Private

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Thanks for making my point. TR butt hurt. You want an actual GAMEPLAY trailer to make you feel better like some Preparation H? Here.

PlanetSide 2 -- Ground Assault on Tech Plant HVAR - YouTube

An NC was the protaganist in this story. Get over it.
Thanks for putting so much faith in my simple statement. But I'm not butthurt. Just think it's interesting that the TR were so very underwhelming.

Just as an aside, usually when you call someone butthurt, you're a pretty arrogant person. Seems to ring true here, as well.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #367
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
That's what I'm talking about. The TR are in nearly every frame of the first 2 minutes of the trailer and yet people say they are barely in the trailer. No. They are just getting beat in this trailer because the protaganist happens to be NC. It's a cinematic, so it's telling a short story.

The TR are the redshirts of the story. Faceless cannonfodder. They never have any focus.

Different classes? We see them all. Sure the focus is on Light Assault, but the trailer makes a point of clearly showing each class except maybe engineer (perhaps the tank gunner).

We see the LA, "the grunt" (Which is not a class) and the infiltrator. Some MAX units are seen. 3 classes. We do not see them all. The medic is an obvious one there that we do not see.

The scale? 0:43 and 3:10, not to mention the protaganist fights his way across a huge battlefield and lands in a huge base.

Easily dismissed as trailer nonsense by anyone not knowing what PS2 is. "Oh, right, they SHOW all these hundreds of guys, but it is either singleplayer or a 64-slot multiplayer with a fancy trailer." Once again, no focus.

Teamwork? 0:42 or 1:30, not to mention the entire purpose of the protaganists mission, setting up the drop marker.

They run together for a while, but he is still fighting alone all the time. And 1:30.. They just died, while the NC guy continues his rambo slaughter.

Like I said earlier, I am reading a ton of armchair quarterbacking. People had their own preconceived notions or ideas of what kind of trailer they would have made. Now I'm not trying to convince anyone to like something they don't like, but every complaint I've heard so far is either sour grapes by the TR or armchair directing.
Now I am not trying to convince anyone to dislike something (the trailer IS good, but it is not really Planetsidey) something they like, but every like I have heard so far is either by the brown nosers or NC/VS.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #368
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Did anyone also notice when his jetpack went out and before he planted the beacon, you could actually see the infiltrators?! That's insane.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #369
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ITOS View Post
Also, we need a better name for that guy. "Cheif" was called over the radio but I don't really like that for obvious reasons.
John "Higby" Rambo ?
Old 2012-07-26, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #370
Phazed
Private

You're complaining the TR didn't put up enough of a fight? If you want to go there, let's go there. At least a dozen NC Light Assault jumped off that cliff and only 1 made it to the destination. How's that for putting up a fight? If you need a reminder, there is exploded NC blood on the camera from 1:17 - 1:23
Lol hmm and how many did we see killed i think a total of 4 we barely saw TR fire a weapon, thats not exactly defense. If the camera just stops focusing on the soldiers doesnt mean the defenders put up a defense , your grasping there.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #371
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
We see the LA, "the grunt" (Which is not a class) and the infiltrator. Some MAX units are seen. 3 classes. We do not see them all. The medic is an obvious one there that we do not see.

Now I am not trying to convince anyone to dislike something (the trailer IS good, but it is not really Planetsidey) something they like, but every like I have heard so far is either by the brown nosers or NC/VS.
We see the medic at 1:01. The HA is the drop pod we keep cutting to. Like I said, we saw every class except maybe the engineer.

As for the TR being cannonfodder, you could say that same thing about every other NC. The focus is on 1 soldier. Storytelling.

When the whole freaking trailer takes place in the middle of a HUGE firefight invloving hundreds of troops, tanks, ATVs, fighter aircraft, and large transport aircraft (all seen in the trailer) I don't think you can even begin to say "scale" isn't a focus.

And you can call me a fan boi for liking it (maybe I am), but don't call me a brown noser. I'm not kissing anyone's ass. I'M the customer. If you think liking most of the things I see about PS2 (or brown nosing as you call it) earns me anything like a tech test invite or early beta access or extra Station Cash or anything, you are sorely mistaken.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Phazed View Post
Lol hmm and how many did we see killed i think a total of 4 we barely saw TR fire a weapon, thats not exactly defense. If the camera just stops focusing on the soldiers doesnt mean the defenders put up a defense , your grasping there.
The camera just followed one person. Not the best way to keep score in a battle. I have no idea why you would keep score that way, and on a trailer of all things. Get over it.

Last edited by Raymac; 2012-07-26 at 03:49 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #372
Firearms
Sergeant

As if all the TR think Higby had a hand in it...pfft.

Oh.....

via @Arclegger
Old 2012-07-26, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #373
WNxThentar
Sergeant

if you are talking about the 2:07 point where it looks like a infiltrator might have dropped in that s just concrete. the infils are on the other side...watched it frame by frame and about 2:08.75 the shape collapses too much to be a person.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-07-26, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #374
WNxThentar
Sergeant

the guy looks more like the nc actor at e3

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-07-26, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #375
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Xenostalker View Post
Well... it was fun to watch.

All I have read so far though is a bunch of gamers being gamers: whiny and complaining about the dumbest things (misrepresenting factions? - who cares in the first place, is it really changing your opinion over your own faction; if it is, something is wrong).

I read someone's comment about this trailer hurting Planetside 2? Are you kidding me? If anything, this will attract more action junkies... the trailer was brilliant.

Planetside 2 will not disappoint. Stop complaining about misrepresentation this and that.
QFT. Thank you. Get the masses pumped!

Last edited by Envenom; 2012-07-26 at 03:59 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion