Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 25 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fight with the best, Die like the rest
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-24, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #361
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

number one priority has to be stability!

my playsessions never end because i decided to stop, they always end because i crash to desktop and get too frustrated to start again.

and if the devs can´t get the game to a stable state again, they should at least put you back to where you left, after a crash.
having to cross a whole cont because the crash sent me to warpgate again is a gamebreaker for me. i don´t fly because of the nasty controls and missing joystick support.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-24, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #362
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Just played several hours without a crash. Also there seems to be a change with memory or something because since GU9 I can suddenly alt+tab out of the game quiet easily. That took ages before GU9.

Also the no-damage/de-sync bug in high populated areas is back (wasn't gone). That's something they should look into.
Old 2013-05-25, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #363
Sobieryba
Private

So
Jackhammer:
Give it more ammo in reserve,
Alternative firing mode(3x burst) should be set as default,
Old 2013-05-25, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #364
igster
Sergeant

Quality of Life Issue : vehicle deconstruct timer.

I want to get out of the tank and do what's needed but we get penalised for it by the vehicle we've paid resources for disappearing because we don't get back to it every 5 minutes.
Old 2013-05-25, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #365
Binkley
Sergeant

Change the ML85 reticle color to anything other than "Indar sand".

Give me an obvious indication if my infiltrator's cloak is active when I'm scoped in.

More loadouts.

Make the client stop crashing when using Physx.

Make the client stop crashing when not using Phsyx.

I should be able to spawn at any base my faction controls.

Make the screenshot function work.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #366
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

The ONLY thing you MUST do. CTD MUST STOP! It has been MONTHS and the constant CTDs haven't ceased. I don't know how is this even possible, but I'm STILL crashing all the fucking time.

Since september. And yet this SHIT hasn't been fixed. I don't give a flying FUCK to anything else in this game. I DEMAND (as a god damn paying customer) for you to provide a STABLE version of this horse shit you are calling game. I can't play more then 10 minutes without a crash (NO, IT ISN'T A HARDWARE PROBLEM!), Sometimes less, sometimes more, but ALL THE TIME CTDs.

Divert ALL MANPOWER to this issue of stability. I don't care for how long. I demand a stable game. Its the fucking least you should provide.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-25 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Language, tsk tsk.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #367
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

^Above user is mad. He has a point. But he mad.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #368
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Sadly that's the problem with playing PC games. There are soo many variables to take into account. If you've been crashing for months then I can only think that there must be something that's conflicting with the PS2 client. But without having more knowledge about the system in question, hard to tell.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #369
Shogun
Contributor
General

i have the same crashing issue, and i exit any unnecessary background programs and antivir when playing ps2.
my system is brand new, i7 3770k win7 pro 16gb ram, nvidia gtx680 with 4 gb vram. since windows installation, i didn´t install any unnecessary stuff, just a few games.
(ps1 and all other games run stable)

i NEVER exit ps2 normally, it always crashes with "ps2 stopped working"(not sure if exactly right, i got german windows)
even when i hit exit, i get this message.

after starting the computer up, i always have to start ps2, wait a few seconds in the charselection until my screen would turn black for a few seconds and restart the client. if i just jump into the game i crash ~10 seconds after spawning. but when i exit the game after the screenflicker and start it again, i normally can play for some time. but most of the times i crash to desktop after random time. mostly when in menus or spawnselection.

i had a few sessions that were longer, but most of the time i am happy if i get to play for 30 minutes.

in beta i played without many crashes. next time i play, i will try if turning off physics changes anything, because that is the only thing that has changed on my side since beta.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-05-25 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #370
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
^Above user is mad. He has a point. But he mad.
I wouldn't be mad if it actually happened once or twice a day. Imagine crashing 15 times a day (due to insistence). I can't think of any other reason beyond complete ineptitude. If this was a problem that was introduced just recently in the latest patch, I wouldn't mind, nor be as mad, but I'm crashing for months and I'm being completely lenient to their incompetence. Not anymore.
Old 2013-05-25, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #371
Stew
Major

FIX the bugs were while switching seat in a vehicules from the drivers get you into a 2x or 3 x loading screen it is really anoying
Old 2013-05-26, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #372
raw
Sergeant

custom hud-color and custom crosshairs
Old 2013-05-26, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #373
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by raw View Post
custom hud-color and custom crosshairs
Yeah I heard some complaints about NC's sand-colored tank crosshairs. Talk about a needle in a haystack.

I'd definitely like to see something like this. Maybe complement it by adding more faction decals and details in the corners of the tank HUDs.
Old 2013-05-26, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #374
Sarloh
Corporal

The text 'Have any spare ammo?' Should be removed since you can't give ammo to other people. So here's an idea: make an option to share ammo with people using the same weapon as you - like giving them 1one or two clips or something. Or if you are standing a meter or so away you could just throw/pass the clip to that person. So one animation for simply passing a clip hand - to hand and one for throwing it.

Numbers! I wan't to, see how many players are on my server not just procents by faction.

Taunts / emotes. From a simple wave, a thumbs up, an army salute to tactical hand gestures.

More alert tasks.

Possibly a big drawing board where squad leaders could draw their tactics on. Similar to the Command channel only with drawings.

A graphical bug where it's like the floats in the users hand and doesn't float at the same speed so it's pretty weird. I've notived that 'effect' to grow with higher graphical settings.

Enhace the TR composite armor, the only good use for it is the Heavy Assult where it actually looks cool, but on other classes it's really lame - small.
Old 2013-05-26, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #375
camycamera
Major

moar customisable HUD:

like being able to choose where the health bar/shield goes, instead of 2 options. it would be nice.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion