Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 27 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You mean Planetside isn't a real place?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-28, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #391
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

My top 2 "quality of life" issues.
  1. Dealing with Griefers: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/....82971/page-13 (not 14 but 13) Also watch...
  2. Make the Planetiside forums more like PSU with better forum search and edit ability: Right now is it very hard in the planetside forums to use search forums for words less than 3 letters. For example, what if i wanted to search for information about 666 or read a discussion about C4. You currently cannot search those in the planetside2 forums. I may explain this further later, but I am not sure if anyone else besides a dev I know wants this.
  3. Remove Air based Latency exploits and improve the quality of life vehicles in the Air and Drop pods: Lately, client and server latency in the air in particular has come to such an all time high that its hard to have good 1 on 1 battles against other ESF in air anymore. Futhermore, I feel like latency is one of the minors reason we don't see huge air battles in the air anymore. (The major reason being the number or anti-air options and poor knowledge of ways to counter those air options. However, I have concluded that Air lag does not just affect air vechiles, but in fact affects drop pods and all vechiles if you get sufficient air time. I concluded this after noticing lag in the drop pod when it hits about the 10 - 50 m range from the ground. The Harrasser and lightening tend to lag a bit if you get at least between 3 - 10 m off the ground in a jump. So, I believe this lag is not vechile based in nature, but caused by something else. For those of you who were on Connery last night with me, I am submitting my conclusions on drop pod max exploits and latency exploits to SOE later today to hopefully address this issue in more detail

What do you guys think?

Last edited by HelpLuperza; 2013-05-28 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #392
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Just saw a post on the official forums, but I would love to see the grenade launcher to use the "L" toggle attachment instead of using a slot. It took me 15 minutes to figure out that I just had to use what used to be my pistol key was now the grenade launcher. I rarely use the mouse wheel which is why I didn't get it for a few minutes.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #393
RGEN
Private

The biggest quality of life issue is: Not being able to spawn at logical or useful location after you redeploy or die.

1) You should be able to spawn in any spawn room location in an adjacent controlled territory. This is necessary if and when you need to fall back a pull a vehicle.

2) You should be able to spawn at any friendly sunderer in an adjacent territory (enemy or friendly controlled).

3)You should be able to spawn at spawns in adjacent controlled territories but not limited to one territory jumps. I hate having to puddle jump my way across a content. However, currently even puddle jumping doesn't even work right now as spawn locations are unpredictable, erratic, and far and few between.

4) If I'm at the warpgate I should be able to spawn at, ideally, any controlled spawn location anywhere and at minimum in any territory 1 to 3 territories from the warpgate. Though some front line spawns would be nice too.

Last edited by RGEN; 2013-05-28 at 12:11 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #394
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Experience gains hidden by a spawn screen. Alerts, base caps, if I'm in the middle of spawning I never can find out how much I've gained. It's not like there's a combat log I can look up xp gain. It would be as simple as letting the text show over the map...
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-05-28, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #395
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Comparison tooltip from the weapon selection screen being chopped at screen edges - should be anchored to the screen.
Old 2013-05-29, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #396
Figment
Lieutenant General

Automated switching to indoor maps of facilities if you are on a specific level.
Old 2013-05-29, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #397
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

My two biggest gripes are:

1) Minimap needs one more zoom level in, this changed in the last patch. Makes my eyes hurt straining to view stuff.
2) Problems moving between the "Deployment" screen and the loadout screen, it forgets what loadout you had selected when going between them. This is really annoying. At best it adds multiple pointless steps into adjusting your layout and deploying, at worst it can cause you to accidentally deploy with the wrong loadout.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #398
FASREDOAK
Private

The Vanu MAX special ability is WAAAYYY too overpowering. It gives such a massive offensive increase with little to no defensive deduction. Needs to be leveled down.
Old 2013-05-29, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #399
Iceonix
Private

When I open the map I would like it to open on me and not some corner I panned to 20 minutes ago.
Old 2013-05-29, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #400
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by FASREDOAK View Post
The Vanu MAX special ability is WAAAYYY too overpowering. It gives such a massive offensive increase with little to no defensive deduction. Needs to be leveled down.
Being Vanu myself, i must admit, it does seem a bit OP as is currently. Maybe increase the amount of damage taken, when active.

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2013-05-29, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #401
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

New gripe which is actually an older gripe...Somewhere in the last few GU patches we've lost the ability to list each squad in a platoon separately. Getting that back would really help out platoon leaders.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-29, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #402
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
New gripe which is actually an older gripe...Somewhere in the last few GU patches we've lost the ability to list each squad in a platoon separately. Getting that back would really help out platoon leaders.

Higby tweeted earlier today, that they are adding new squad management features next week, as well as custom squad colors

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2013-05-29, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #403
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
My two biggest gripes are:

1) Minimap needs one more zoom level in, this changed in the last patch. Makes my eyes hurt straining to view stuff.
Minimap zoom in +4 levels? It has a zoom out by one and three zoom in levels. This is minimap only, not the "H" expanded view of the minimap. If I remember correctly, the farthest zoom in level is something like the level to half the main tech plant building.

Oh.. and one more Quality of Life item;
Weapons remember the attachments from the last time you equipped them, vehicles or infantry.

Last edited by GraniteRok; 2013-05-29 at 09:43 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #404
Spoof
Corporal

Another bugbear...

Logging in...
Login is clunky, with no feedback as to why it's taking forever "Logging in..." and not actually logging in.

This is my experience as a paid member with three characters on EU servers. Usually one of these three will be an issue, leading to furious spamming of the "Logging in..." button - which I know does nothing, but is more satisfying than waiting - and restarting of the client.

The login process give no feedback of queues, congestion or informative errors in these situations.
Old 2013-05-30, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #405
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I find it hard to believe everyone has Nanoweave 5.
You only need nanoweave 3 to prevent instant death from snipers outside 100m.

Thekoolaidline did a whole vid for this.

My biggest quality of life has been mentioned, but I want to +1 it. I dislike selecting a loadout on my loadout screen, but respawning with whatever loadout is first on my list instead of the one I changed and intended to respawn with.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion