Check your Inbox! - Page 29 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No one will mind if you post naked...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-20, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #421
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

Re: Check your Inbox!

Originally Posted by Hunterzen View Post
No one should feel entitled about getting access to beta, but that some BS if you ask me. Seems like the veterans who have paid loads of money to SOE over the years would get in before people that did some Nvidia thing. Oh well I knew yesterday that my chances of getting in today would be very slim knowing my luck and SOE.
I feel entitled. Not because i actually am, its just that i really really want in.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #422
NexAnima
Private

Originally Posted by Papscal View Post
I feel entitled. Not because i actually am, its just that i really really want in.
I dont feel entitled, I just want to know why when working with in the same rules as everyone else, some of us have issues and SOE goes silent. That is what upsets me.

PR is what makes this industry go round, which is lacking ATM.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #423
Chrispin
Corporal

Originally Posted by BudBrain View Post
I imagine that the emails we send to [email protected] will be used to help determine the accounts that should be flagged for beta and keep people away from chat support.

Would be surprised if I got a proper response now before access to the beta is granted.

Fingers crossed they aren't just realising they have thousands more vets than first thought
Yeah wouldn't it be great if they said they couldn't let in the rest of the vets because they would be letting in more people than they expected? I can see Smed saying "Sorry guys. We will have another wave in about 2-3 weeks if everything goes smoothly."

Last edited by Chrispin; 2012-08-20 at 05:51 PM.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #424
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chrispin View Post
I can see Smed saying "Sorry guys. We will have another wave in about 2-3 weeks."
At that point i would be ready to rub honey on his ass and turn him loose to look for bears in the woods.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #425
Kipper
Captain

Um just checking, are invites out? I've not been home all day. Just got back but no email and no download access yet.

Did they start inviting vet accounts or is there a delay?

All my email addresses are up to date, I'm registered, I have previous subscription and there's a twitter key loaded on there just in case too
Old 2012-08-20, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #426
Shadetree
Private

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Um just checking, are invites out? I've not been home all day. Just got back but no email and no download access yet.

All my email addresses are up to date, I'm registered, I have previous subscription and there's a twitter key loaded on there just in case too
Yeah, some people got in, but basically everyone still in this thread hasn't been able to get in and are dealing with support.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #427
BranC
Private

Originally Posted by Shadetree View Post
Yeah, some people got in, but basically everyone still in this thread hasn't been able to get in and are waiting with support.
Fixed.

Coudn't help myself. Just trying to keep up moral.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #428
Chrispin
Corporal

If you are a PS1 vet and didn't get an invite or can't access the download page then you are one of many that should be in the beta by now and aren't.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #429
Kipper
Captain

Nuts, I'm going to bed cause I gotta be up early.

I'll not contact support yet - I'm in no immediate hurry since I think my PC as it is will die as soon as it looks at PS2, but it would be nice to get installed anyway ready for when the new components arrive :P

Just want to make sure I don't miss out by being quiet
Old 2012-08-20, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #430
Rhasta
Private

2003 vet, subbed for many months, used a Twitter key. No email, no download.

Sitting in Live Assistance queue at #60.
Old 2012-08-20, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #431
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Just got a response to the twitter-email saying:

"I have reported your account as not being flagged for the beta. We are trying to get all accounts flagged as quickly as possible. Please be patient as this may take a little while. We are hoping to have the accounts flagged with 24 hours. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Regards,"
Old 2012-08-20, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #432
BranC
Private

Nuts, I'm going to bed cause I gotta be up early.

I'll not contact support yet - I'm in no immediate hurry since I think my PC as it is will die as soon as it looks at PS2, but it would be nice to get installed anyway ready for when the new components arrive :P

Just want to make sure I don't miss out by being quiet
Nuts indeed my good sir. Wasted the better part of my day off trying to get this sorted out.....

the F5 button and i have gotten pretty intimate today.
Old 2012-08-20, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #433
Noon
Private

Still several hours before the days over here in the states; so I'm not worried. Probably will take all of today and tomorrow to get everyone in.
Old 2012-08-20, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #434
Toppopia
Major

Considering they have to check through thousands and thousands of accounts to see which has vet status and all that, it might take a while. Unless they created a program to do that for them, which would make alot of sense considering they could afford 1 guy to create that program for them, not too difficult, just scan through the database putting it into a list then scanning through the list saying
if(accountVeteranStatusStartDate =< 20th August)
{
accountPlanetside2 = true
}

Well, thats why my half a year of learning C# has told me, sounds simple enough, and i'm not too good at this yet, so someone that has had years and years of experience could do it. But i think the employees are working overtime to do this and are doing there best, so we should cut them some slack and watch my smiley dance
Old 2012-08-20, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #435
Nuuleh
Private

Got an email back from happytohelp

'Hello,

I have reported your account (Aresoundingeh) as not being flagged for the beta. We are trying to get all accounts flagged as quickly as possible. Please be patient as this may take a little while. We are hoping to have the accounts flagged with 24 hours. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Regards,

Satao Minami
CS Manager
Sony Online Entertainment LLC'

Note I bought planetside 1 on the 18th of this month.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion