Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 29 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hotter than the girl next door.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-06-03, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #421
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Yea Higby is a lurker

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-04, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #422
EarlyDawn
Major General

Spawn logic needs to be much more transparent.
  • Any valid point in your sector
  • Any valid point in an adjacent sector
  • Any valid point in the sector containing your squad leader
  • Any "hard-wired" points that are not cut off from your warpgate

Ammo boxes need to be deployable anywhere - no more clipping issues with players - and need to dispense ammo while you're holding them, for on-the-move action.

Amp Stations and Bio Labs need much better benefits. I believe this is in the works.

Scout radars should display their functional ranges in some way. Mine Guard should highlight enemy mines at close range.

Engineers need a Triage equivalent for MAXes in their vehicle.

Facility spawns should be significantly faster than Sunderer spawns.

Vehicle turrets needs more consistent symbology for gunners, including orientation to hull, "tilt offset" (not sure what the proper term is), a rangefinder, and turret / ammo status for gunners. A "designated target" quick mark would also be awesome.

More waypoints for squad leaders and platoon leaders. Designated 2iC (assumes control if 1iC disconnects), navigator (additional waypoint for mounted operations).

Sunderer Radar module should be a scout radar - you are sacrificing major capabilities for it, and it would be great for gun trucks.

Sunderer Gate Defuser should short out the gate for half of the total time the vehicle can bypass the gate. Most gate bypasses are a one-way trip to hell. Make it worthwhile.

Fire Suppression is lackluster on all current vehicles, imo. Enhance it or roll it into associated survivability modules on each vehicle.

All vehicle facing armors should include top armor enhancement.

Flashlights either need their own slot on attachable weapons, or need something additional, like a blinding effect.

Laser sights need to have true on/off functionality, in terms of accuracy and visibility to others.

IR/NV shouldn't display doritos beyond the haze cutoff. It is far too versatile with self-spotting.

The flash suppressor needs something additional, like removing tracers for true semi-auto fire. It is a solidly meh choice against the compensator and suppressor.

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2013-06-04 at 12:03 AM.
Old 2013-06-04, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #423
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Two bugs I get often:

Fix switch from nade launcher to primary bug. It's so aggravating having to go to pistol first then to primary.

Fix ammo pack bug where you stand on pack forever and can't replenish.
Old 2013-06-04, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #424
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Thumbs up Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by Ice View Post
I've never experienced this, so it may just be an issue with your keyboard if you aren't using on that is labeled as gaming/anti-ghosting. Most regular keyboards have a limit to the amount of keys that can be pressed simultaneously before ghosting occurs.
It's the keyboard. 100% sure on this. Not sure what causes it really. Sometimes some key combinations just don't gel, and in most of those cases it's always the LEFT arrow key.

Make flashlight much more brighter so it might actually be more useful then night vision when playing as a team (look, enemy over there!). That way there's a reason to pick it over night vision.
Old 2013-06-04, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #425
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
It's the keyboard. 100% sure on this. Not sure what causes it really. Sometimes some key combinations just don't gel, and in most of those cases it's always the LEFT arrow key.
don´t think so, because i have noticed this, too!
and i use a logitech g11 and it passed the ghost-test cyclesmchurtz suggested a long time ago with not a single character missing.

but strafing while running using the sprint key often doesn´t register the strafe-left key. especially when additional keys like spotting need to be spammed as well.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-04, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #426
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yea Higby is a lurker
Do you have enough dark alleys in this forum to provide the necessary shade?
Old 2013-06-04, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #427
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
don´t think so, because i have noticed this, too!
and i use a logitech g11 and it passed the ghost-test cyclesmchurtz suggested a long time ago with not a single character missing.

but strafing while running using the sprint key often doesn´t register the strafe-left key. especially when additional keys like spotting need to be spammed as well.
I've noticed this as well on my G710+.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-04, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #428
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
I've noticed this as well on my G710+.
could be lag related.

because running up to a terminal and pressing e immediately doesn´t work as well. you have to wait until the slow game realises you are legit to use the terminal. and spotting doesn´t do anything very often as well.

maybe there is some lag problem, where the game simply doesn´t expect you to send in so many commands at once, and simply drops some.

so yes, this is another one of my top annoying bugs for the qol update

by the way, does a proper support for multicores and a newer direct x version count as quality of life patch?
you can´t play the game smoothly with a computer that is limited to dx9 anyways. and people don´t play shooters when they can´t play it smoothly. in ps2 you could still have fun as fulltime supporter, but that doesn´t work in ps2. so this downward compatibility is more than halfassed and a waste of performance.

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-06-04 at 04:41 AM.
Old 2013-06-04, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #429
Wahooo
Captain

New one just occurred to me with the 1 hr XP boost sale.

Why are boosts tied only to the toon you bought them on? They aren't even cross-character for the same empire?

I bought a bunch since they were cheap and I thought I would use them sporadically for when i'm on different alts and a 1 hr boost was perfect for how little I play them. DOH! I got kinda lucky since I bought a couple on the toon I first saw them, then decided to buy a few more when I logged into the next empire thinking it was a good enough deal at 50% and there have been times I really wished i had something like a short 1 hour boost.

I'm glad I learned this on a cheap sale, but it doesn't really make sense to me why it isn't account wide.
Old 2013-06-04, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #430
camycamera
Major

wow Higgles, you better be writing all of this down.
Old 2013-06-04, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #431
Illyasviel
Private

Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

One thing that really annoys me about Planetside is how small incongruities in terrain can cause your character to launch off the ground. Examples are jump pad landings, stairs or sometimes just a pebble or something. Small ledges in the terrain. If you dash toward the face of one, when your character hits it, you get popped up entirely off the ground and glide through the air a bit on a very shallow trajectory.

You can fly maybe four to five meters with zero control ( because your character isn't touching the ground ), enough to cause you to way overshoot your intended destination. Especially if you were intending on pulling a sharp turn, then you might end up getting launched in a direction you entirely did not intend for.

Here's why I get annoyed with this:

I'm a pretty mobile player and take a lot of dashing quick peeks. I am almost never crouched and I dash a lot.

So I might dash around a corner, see odds I don't like or maybe drop a guy and then turn around to hide behind something. I hit one of these bumps and I get launched way past my destination and have to repath. That extra half second where I'm out of cover can sometimes get me killed.

Another example is any spawn with stairs leading out of it ( biolabs comes to mind first and foremost ). Frequently, I'll be dashing back into spawn perpendicular to the stair facing, intending to make a sharp turn into the room. Often times I'm getting lit the hell up. I hit the stair ledge and I shoot through the air, parallel to the walls and completely overshoot the entire entrance, and now I'm on the other side of the entrance and have to quickly turn back the way I came from and hopefully get it right my second try ( if I'm not dead ).

Speaking of biolabs, if you are dashing toward a jump pad landing ( the ones on the exterior platforms ), sometimes you'll hit the jump pad landing just right and get launched straight off the entire freaking platform. Enough time for you to get out a, "fuuuuuuuucccccc-" *splat*

Thanks for reading my complaint. If its something you can fix by increasing player gravity or something, I would appreciate it. But if its something that would require you to have to massively reinspect the entire game world, well, it's probably not worth the effort right now.

Last edited by Illyasviel; 2013-06-05 at 12:01 AM.
Old 2013-06-05, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #432
Shogun
Contributor
General

wohoo, the last one is a tough one. they couldn´t fix it for planetside 1 in 10 years
and it was much bigger then. try ps1 and run up a stair, you will launch like a rocket every time.

Old 2013-06-05, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #433
Illyasviel
Private

Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Bleh. One of my bigger pet peeves in Planetside, the biggest of course being all the OHKOs against infantry. SoE, you've done a great job building a competent FPS game that was well balanced around ~667 ms TTK! Why would you mess that balance up by adding so many 0 / 250 ms TTK weapons?! It's downright silly.

Last edited by Illyasviel; 2013-06-05 at 11:11 AM.
Old 2013-06-05, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #434
Assist
Contributor
Major

Still have to manually spend points on things like Proximity Mines, Grenades, Medpac's, etc.

You give us the damn Auto Refill box and the shit doesn't even work! Games back in the 90's had features like this that worked!
C'mon Higby, what kind of shitass "Quality of Life" patch is this?
Old 2013-06-05, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #435
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Still have to manually spend points on things like Proximity Mines, Grenades, Medpac's, etc.

You give us the damn Auto Refill box and the shit doesn't even work! Games back in the 90's had features like this that worked!
C'mon Higby, what kind of shitass "Quality of Life" patch is this?
When he said next patch he meant the one after the next or maybe the one after that, its a huge list.
And they fixed Auto Resupply back in GU08
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion