Gunning Certification - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Creators of Taco Cereal
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-11, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Gunning Certification

Great ideas, Tapman. Seeing as how gunning will hopefully be even more common in PS2, I expect this tree to be well-used. I would definitely take an advanced targeting system over extra damage, depending on how it was implemented.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
Situationally stronger. You can't have something that is unbalanced but there should definitely be trade-offs you can make on a logistical basis to potentially give you an advantage based on intelligence and whatnot.
Well from what I heard at PAX obviously isn't final, but these dedicated guns could be roughly 50% stronger compared to the regular primary gun. Don't take the number as being what it will be, but it will likely be far stronger compared to the primary/secondary. Higby sounded confident that this extra firepower plus the multi crew being experienced should be able to take on two solo tanks.

Last edited by Goku; 2012-04-11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Well from what I heard at PAX obviously isn't final, but these dedicated guns could be roughly 50% stronger compared to the regular primary gun. Don't take the number as being what it will be, but it will likely be far stronger compared to the primary/secondary. Higby sounded confident that this extra firepower plus the multi crew being experienced should be able to take on two solo tanks.
Pretty sure what he's saying is that the single dedicated turret shouldn't be equal to or greater than the dps of both the primary and the secondary weapons, because it is easier to use. To remain balanced, its going to have to do somewhat less dps, because the gunner is a more effective gunner than the driver, being able to focus entirely on it.

Example.. Normal tank:

Driver gun - 100dps, 66dps effective(dudes gotta drive)
Gunner gun - 100dps, 100 dps effective.
Total - 166 dps.

So a dedicated gunner weapon should do 166 dps. If it did 200, it would always be superior to the driver/gunner combo, because the gunner will always be more effective at putting bullets on target than the driver.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
So a dedicated gunner weapon should do 166 dps. If it did 200, it would always be superior to the driver/gunner combo, because the gunner will always be more effective at putting bullets on target than the driver.
As it should. Teamwork should beat solo killwhores every time.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
this is implying they're at the same skill level

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-12, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
It doesn't stop being teamwork just because they are in separate vehicles. 2 single man tanks working together should be on the same level as a 2-man tank thats working together.

Considering the 2-man tank setup makes teamwork much easier, making it also more effective would make the 2-man tank the killwhore vehicle.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-12 at 01:21 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion