News: Engineer Comm Link - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma, the other, other, OTHER white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-27, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Engineer Comm Link

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
As for the turret, we didn't know it would be configurable.
They've stated previously that they intend for the engineers to have turrets for AI, AV, and AA. AA is not in yet, if I have recalled correctly. The idea that engy's might be able to tear down their turrets and rebuild them elsewhere is new I think, but I'm not 100% sure that's what they meant.

Originally Posted by Planetside 2
Despite their recent shift in duties, Engineers have quickly proven themselves as effective soldiers, capable of either turning an ordinary warehouse into an impregnable fortress, or blasting the enemies fortresses to the ground.
Is it just me, or does this sound like the best episode of junkyard wars ever.
Old 2012-03-27, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Skittles
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
At this point, at launch, the only infantry that engies will repair is MAXes.
"In seconds"

which are non-timed and everyone can cert...... oh joy
Old 2012-03-27, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
AWP
Private

MANA Turret

Man a Turret

I see what you guys did there
Old 2012-03-27, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Shogun
Contributor
General

if i remember correctly, there was some talk about engis being able to harvest wreckages to fill up their ace, but i dont know where it was mentioned. maybe you can deconstruct wreckages and your own ce stuff.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-27, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
ThirdCross
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
Again I'm not complaining about no new info, just pointing out this has all been said before.
No deployable AA turrets
Deployable shield generators
A single tool for repairing both MAXs, terminals, and vehicles instead of two separate tools

All that's new info.

Medics should be able to use shotguns and sub-machine guns... No long range weapons should be available to them. Same for engineers, as they may encounter enemy while trying to do their job.
I disagree, if you take away rifles from the engies and medics you're left with only the light assault having rifles. I personally want to see much more long range combat than was in PS1.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ThirdCross
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
"In seconds"

which are non-timed and everyone can cert...... oh joy
Hasn't Higby stated that they haven't decided if MAXs will be timed or not? It's very possible that they will be timed or require resources.

And I'm assuming the seconds quote doesn't mean from complete loss of armor to full repair.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by ThirdCross View Post
No deployable AA turrets
A single tool for repairing both MAXs, terminals, and vehicles instead of two separate tools

All that's new info.

I disagree, if you take away rifles from the engies and medics you're left with only the light assault having rifles. I personally want to see much more long range combat than was in PS1.
The Heavy Assault have rifles as well. I would think the Heavy Cycler would have good range, considering that the Chaingun does not.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-27, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
ThirdCross
Contributor
Corporal

The Heavy Assault have rifles as well. I would think the Heavy Cycler would have good range, considering that the Chaingun does not.
The heavy cycler commlink makes it sound like it will be a close range weapon. Though the gameplay footage did show it being used effectively at courtyard ranges.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ThirdCross View Post
No deployable AA turrets

All that's new info.
The shield gen was mentioned before, the single tool for all repairs was kinda inferred once they eliminated armor on infantry for self repairing shields (why would they keep a seperate tool for just MAXes?), the removal of the AA turret i guess is new info sorta? so 0 + ½ + ½. Ok so there is a tiny bit of new info if you want to be technical.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
ThGlump
Captain

There was and probably will be base deployed/upgraded AA turrets. Field AA turrets wasnt mentioned before, but i was hoping there will be some. So actually its not removal of AA turret.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Haurus
Private

Why do we have different levels of infantry armor? It doesn't seem to matter if we have recharging shields and no ability to repair. It doesn't make sense either. Why wouldn't everyone run around in their pj's if they have recharging shields?

I'd rather see the same type of mechanic but with self healing armor from a nanite canister or something. Then we wouldn't have the shield flashes which don't look good in my opinion, engies can still repair and/or replace the canisters for infantry.
Old 2012-03-27, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Is the turret automated or must it be manned?
Old 2012-03-27, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Bags
Lieutenant General

manned I think.
Old 2012-03-27, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Haurus View Post
Why do we have different levels of infantry armor? It doesn't seem to matter if we have recharging shields and no ability to repair. It doesn't make sense either. Why wouldn't everyone run around in their pj's if they have recharging shields?
Probably because heavier armors will have greater shield capacity, faster shield regeneration, and/or a shorter delay between taking damage and said regeneration kicking in. It's also possible that the heavier armors will provide superior damage mitigation against health depletion once the shield breaks.
Old 2012-03-27, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Eighm View Post
Looks cool so far. I'm hoping that the engineer doesn't turn into the do-everything class like it has in the BF series.
I don't see a danger, here. Heavy assault (and likely MAXes) remain the go-to for pushing the line in close quarters combat, since AI turrets aren't mobile and have a setup time. Ditto for defense-busting antivehicular fire. There's no repairable infantry armor, now, so you need a medic to complement your shield regen. Light assault is still going to be breaching walls and defensive positions to flank choke point defenses. Infiltrator is going to be dominating long-range combat and recon.

Engineers seem like very well-rounded area denial and position fortifiers, but they don't look more potent offensively than medics or light assault from where I sit. Unless you count from the seat of a vehicle, which, well.. duh?

Originally Posted by Haurus View Post
Presumably, armor will govern how much damage gets reduced when applying damage to your health once your shields are depleted. At a flat rate, this time, instead of an increasing one as the armor gets lessened.

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Is the turret automated or must it be manned?
Manned. The devs are making a big push away from automated fire. No more spitfires, not even giant ones.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion