PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll bet you're naked right now...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2005-04-01, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
oddfish
Colonel

maybe the guy just really likes his new toy? from what my uncle tells me about his service in Viet Nam, guys would just pick up all kinds of guns while in the field (to replace their piece of shit M-16's)... he personnaly had a Remmington 870 shotgun and a thompson submachinegun. He told me that finding ammo for it on dead VC was easy because they almost all stripped weapons and ammo from dead GI's. Since the Colt 1911 was the government issue sidearm at the time it was almost a sure thing to find hundreds of rounds of .45 ammunition on a dead body, plus whatever ammo he could get when not actually in the field. He told me that in all honesty he didn't know if the thompson itself was really a BETTER gun, in all honesty he knew that SMG and Rifle are totally different ballparks, he just felt safer carrying IT around than the M-16.
What was really great was how he told me he got the Thompson and 870: he said he'd gotten them smuggled in with a shipment of bedding supplies and stuff like that. Some helicopter pilot with a lot of friends. It's amazing the shit you could get over there. He told me one of his closest friends in the platoon was trying to get his hands on ammo for a russian anti-tank rifle that he found in the field. My uncle never really told me if the guy got the ammo but i wouldn't be surprised if he did.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2005-04-02, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Damn, thats pretty cool Oddfish. To be honest, I couldn't care less what gun the dude in the topic was carrying, its history like Oddfish just related that interests me.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-04-02, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

I'm in the 1ID, we just got back from Iraq. We always took weapons from raids and off dead people. We never really shot them other than for fun though, (shoot the AK, or M2/MK19) but we did give them to ING, IA, IP, and Georgians.

But speaking of odd weapons to carry, my CSM kept a CO2 pellet gun in his 1114! Don't think he ever used it on anyone though.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge