What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is the DUST514 forum, right?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-31, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2?

Everyone having access to maxes with no timer or cost.

Maxside is fun, I guess.
Old 2012-08-31, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Whiteknight
Private

Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Numbers.

If 30% of the server playing VS
45% of the server playing TR
25% of the server playing NC

TR wold have a huge advantage over the others...
I could work out like this, but after having played both NC (primary) and TR (I refuse to play VS, long story - not going into it), It seems like the NC is filled with idlers effectively farming Aur at the base, where as the TR has been Active on the server I play on.

The point is, the % online really doesn't mean anything as to how well your side will do. I saw the %'s @ 32VS, 35TR, 33NC, and the NC were pushed back nearly entirely to their main base because -- Mainly Idlers online trying to farm Aur.

The advantage will go (typically) to the groups that are semi-organized, as opposed to the one that has the most Lone Wolf players... As it should (imho)
Old 2012-08-31, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
GTGD
First Sergeant

The great majority of VS gear is trash right now, and somehow they managed to make aircraft and rocket pods better than they ever were in PS1 (despite their promise that pilots wouldn't be able to just hoverspam).
Old 2012-08-31, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kerafyrm View Post
This right here its no different then real life except it would be the other way around the guys with crazy "alien" *cough US government cough* technology would be on the top plain and simple.

Anyways NC and TR gain Auraxium much faster and easier than Vanu due just to population and being able to take over so much more content. This is a reasons why you don't see Vanu Scythes shooting rockets yet and if you do its what one guy on the entire Vanu side right compared to 5+ TR and NC with them. Personally I have not seen any Vanu Scythes with A2G or A2A yet other than in TotalBiscuit ONE video and im sure a dev gave him them.
Actually, the reason you didn't see any Scythes with them is because the Tomcats were broken on the Scythe for some inexplicable reason.
Old 2012-08-31, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Blue Sam View Post
Don't think it's got something to do with VS rockets in general being useless?

On the other hand, the VS AV max (or maybe AV max's in general, I haven't seen enough of the others to say one way or another) is beastly. Seriously, I went 8v1 against lightnings and walked out of it, despite being completely useless.
Vanu max is a beast!
Old 2012-08-31, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Crator
Major General

Apparently aircraft can hover and spam bullets at ground troops easily? I had a hard time staying alive by myself at an outpost with hardly anyone around except that one aircraft. As soon as I walked outside I was dead. I seem to remember the DEVs saying the "Hover Turrets" that we had in PS1 were not going to happen in PS2.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

My biggest complaint is probably base mechanics. They encourage zerg rushes to cap bases, no strategy really. Pick an aircraft, clear out the area, then infantry rush the cap points. Bases really need to be more fortress like. Battles shouldn't be long and drawn out in the open, and short spam-fests indoors, but that's exactly where the gameplay is at right now.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Wizkid45
Private

I personally find it ridiculous that you can bump a friendly going 5 kmph in your tank and kill them, yet completely run over an enemy and do virtually no damage. I kill more friendlies backing my mag up so that someone can hop in than I kill enemies with the thing. Quovatis can attest lol.

Aircraft flight mechanics work, but are stupid. Apparently A and D are strafe? Because they sure act more like a really slow rotate. It would also be nice to have throttle control like PS1 had: When you press W you accelerate forward, let off W and you slow down to a stop and if you want to cruise you press Q. Cant say I care for the "W is throttle up and if you let go you maintain that speed" More "Realistic" sure, but I like how it was implemented in PS1 more with the number keys acting as a percentage of throttle to allow cruising at specific speeds. A more effective reverse would be nice too. Galaxies not exploding if you don't set them down like a feather would be nice too, they take way too much damage and are way too easy to destroy yourself trying to land one on uneven ground.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sleepy
Private

Currently, AirCav decimate everything, counter everything, and are only countered by other Air.

Incoming rocket equipped Reaver? No problem. Convince just 6 players to suit a Burster MAX and fire shells to hopefully discourage (not kill) the solo pilot from attacking for 20 seconds. Your Empire would be better off having those 6 lads simply pull Aircraft themselves.

AA MAXes need, for ES purposes as well, G2A missiles. At least for the NC and VS. They worked in PS1 and would work here as well. Additionally, they give ES variation to MAXes, which unfortunately is lacking (much like ES AV rockets for infantry - gone are the Lancer, Stryker, and Phoenix).
Old 2012-08-31, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Not sure what I think it the #1 Balance issue, but I think MAXes need a cooldown- I know they've said they will implement some anti-MAX weapons/gadgets, but I'd rather they just put a cooldown on em ( or both ).

As for the guy above me; I haven't had much problems with Air- if I'm in an AA-gun or a gunner in a lib I can easily take em out if they're close enough.

If they attack infantry- then yes obviously you wont stand much of a chance, it's supposed to be like that :P

Last edited by HeatLegend; 2012-08-31 at 02:39 PM.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
goneglockin
Sergeant

Max suits should not be in the game. Out of all the other things they dropped from PlanetSide 1, why they chose to keep max suits I'll never understand.

Worst design decision ever.

If devs wanted heavy armor classes, they should have looked to Tribes: Ascend for an example of how to do it right. Even then, I don't know how it would work because infatry play is ground based and there is little advantage in being able to outrun or outmaneuver a max suit.

Gameplay loses nothing without them and it gains everything when it comes to delivering an FPS game worth playing.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
Max suits should not be in the game. Out of all the other things they dropped from PlanetSide 1, why they chose to keep max suits I'll never understand.

Really?
Old 2012-08-31, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

anti air being weak and reaver speed/afterburner bugged atm

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post

If devs wanted heavy armor classes, they should have looked to Tribes: Ascend for an example of how to do it right. Even then, I don't know how it would work because infatry play is ground based and there is little advantage in being able to outrun or outmaneuver a max suit.

Gameplay loses nothing without them and it gains everything when it comes to delivering an FPS game worth playing.
they had to keep maxes they are iconic for planetside.
Old 2012-08-31, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
goneglockin
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Really?
A thousand times, really.

They were only ever in the first game because SOE knew ZERO about making a shooter in 2003. They had no business being there then, and you figured they would have learned by now.

Really. If 9 years has shown you anything, it's that they NEVER properly balanced max units after ENDLESS cycles of buffs and nerfs. There's nothing radical about someone who simply remembers how fucking lame they were.

They are a boring class to play as, and they are nothing but a pain in the ass to infantry focused gameplay; which is what has always sold a million billion copies. But if SOE wants to keep them because they already made the models, they're only shooting themselves in the foot.

I wouldn't expect anything less from them. Already counting on writing PS2 off. Someday, someone who first knows how to make a proper shooter will make an MMOFPS, soon as SOE is done fucking it up.
Old 2012-08-31, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

i dunno 1 decimator would kill a max easy back in ps1 they weren't invincible
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion