Streaming live on Twitch.tv - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is evil admin
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-23, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Re: Streaming live on Twitch.tv

Originally Posted by FortySe7en View Post
It isn't that hamma isn't appreciated. Its that people like myself who actually make money from streaming are in a lock because of this NDA. Apparently this NDA is just sony's way to boost PS2 communities, and not an actual NDA, which is complete shit.
How is one suppose to take a comment about making money off streaming. Maybe you should have commented how excited you are about bring the footage to the masses(or how passionate you are about ps2) and not about the money you'll make doing it. That how you made yourself look when you posted this. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw it like that

Last edited by Jennyboo; 2012-08-23 at 11:51 AM.
Old 2012-08-23, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jennyboo View Post
How is one suppose to take a comment about making money off streaming. Maybe you should have commented how excited you are about bring the footage to the masses(or how passionate you are about ps2) and not about the money you'll make doing it. That how you made yourself look when you posted this. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw it like that
This isn't about who feels what about money or ps2. This is about the fact there is an NDA in place, but SOE gets to decided to "breaks" or doesn't break it. That isn't a true NDA. The question is why is this in place?

When SW:TOR had an NDA, no one could know ANYTHING about the game outside of testers. Why is SOE keeping this thing locked down, when you can see a majority of gameplay from HAMMA's stream.

What is there left to hide? That is the real question here. If hamma can stream, imagine what other people with a bigger following could do for the game while streaming. Imagine if 100 people were allowed to stream. It would do way more for this game then having a "false NDA" on it.

Yeah, I'm upset because I love to stream, and I can't. I'm not even going to try and deny it. I don't have fun playing games if I'm not talking to viewers while doing it. I want to be able to share my game experience with other people, get paid for doing what I love, and make sure this game doesn't have the same fate TOR does. Is that so wrong?
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST

Last edited by FortySe7en; 2012-08-23 at 11:57 AM.
Old 2012-08-23, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm allowed to stream because we are considered a media outlet and I was given an exclusive to do so. Not for any other reason. More media will be streaming soon as well and before you know it the NDA will be completely lifted.

So chill everyone will be streaming soon. This is how PR works... Maximum exposure.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-08-23, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'm allowed to stream because we are considered a media outlet and I was given an exclusive to do so. Not for any other reason. More media will be streaming soon as well and before you know it the NDA will be completely lifted.

So chill everyone will be streaming soon. This is how PR works... Maximum exposure.
Yeah, but even as a media outlet (Trust me I've been there) with NDA's they only lift the embargo for certain information. You basically showed everything that existed in the game atm.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be involved in PS2. But as far as their "PR" goes, its complete trash.

There's more to it than that. I understand you are a media outlet, but so is TotalBiscuit and a multitude of other people who are ready for PS2 who are considered a media outlet who could have pulled 20 times the numbers in a single stream. Why is PR not choosing them?

I'm just confused on their logic is all
Old 2012-08-23, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hamma
PSU Admin

So it's about popularity for you then? Makes perfect sense. I'm sure TB will be streaming before you know it.

Old 2012-08-23, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

So it's about popularity for you then? Makes perfect sense. I'm sure TB will be streaming before you know it.
No. Its about a community.

20,000 = more than 3,000. Its simple math really.

Just curious as to why they chose this smaller media outlet rather than a larger one that could get the game out more efficiently. While I thoroughly enjoyed your stream, it would have been nice had more people seen it. Even with a shoutout from Higby, and the PS2 facebook page, it didn't have quite the impact I was hoping for.

Unfortunately, everything is about popularity these days. Its how the game industry is moving forward. Without people like Day9, TB, Kripp, and many others, game communities wouldn't be doing as well as they are today. I'm a believer that without these said individuals, the game market would have crashed.

Take League of Legends for example. TSM and a few others stream, as well as tournaments that stream. They clear over 100,000 people. This in turn gets them money, which they spend on the game, which the company spends on tournaments, which goes back to the community. Its a vicious circle.

Last edited by FortySe7en; 2012-08-23 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2012-08-23, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Nordan
Corporal

I understand FortySe7en's situation and I agree that to enforce NDA is pretty pointless by now. Keeping an NDA is hard even when top leadership of a company is the only one with information, but atm there are thousands of people in the game that are nothing but regular gamers. I've read a lot from anonymous sources and watched several streams, information is out there for those who seek it, the NDA is de facto dead already.

That being said, I am still thankful for Hamma's streams while we wait for it to be lifted.
Old 2012-08-23, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm curious as to why you are continuing to talk about it when nothing is going to change. As I said, everyone will be streaming soon(tm) and this will be nothing more than another chapter in the PlanetSide history books, so drop it.

Oh and by the way, not sure if you have heard or not but numbers start lower then get higher. There's no way to get more exposure without starting at zero and moving up from there.

Don't pretend it's about community.

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-08-23 at 12:43 PM.
Old 2012-08-23, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

I'm curious as to why you are continuing to talk about it when nothing is going to change.
You don't know that at all. Feedback is a games strongest ally.
Old 2012-08-23, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

I do know that.

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion