do you want night back? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop it! That tickles!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want night back?
Yes 35 68.63%
No 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-03-04, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: do you want night back?

That Dayz is a mod is irrelevant, your assessment of its player base is also, incorrect and irrelevant and highly biased. Conversing with you about the real world would be pointless. Its also one example.

Thankfully, the Developers at SOE have more sense.
Old 2013-03-04, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
yozzer
Corporal

I voted no because I cannot see the TR or VS as it is now because of their dark colored camo, particularly inside buildings and now you want to make it even darker outside?
Old 2013-03-04, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
That Dayz is a mod is irrelevant, your assessment of its player base is also, incorrect and irrelevant and highly biased. Conversing with you about the real world would be pointless. Its also one example.

Thankfully, the Developers at SOE have more sense.
well,seems like you failed to disprove me in any way shape or form.
Also to explain my "possibly" exaggerated point of view. the popularity of DayZ just came because some Machinima type of youtube producers which usually make console content started making DayZ content that also applies to game such as amnesia or slender. it became a bro game .

Last edited by Phantomdestiny; 2013-03-04 at 09:52 AM.
Old 2013-03-04, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by yozzer View Post
I voted no because I cannot see the TR or VS as it is now because of their dark colored camo, particularly inside buildings and now you want to make it even darker outside?
buy a flashlight or some nightvision scope??
Old 2013-03-04, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Some people who think they are Batman may enjoy nights being pitch black. But its Terrible for game play. That's why its been changed, and why most games do not do it unless the game is about that ( Like Amnesia ).

Every single game that has had near pitch black games has had a drop in players. No one, on the whole, wants it. This has been shown soooooo many times. Recently with he game DayZ, Every single server is reverse time ( Day in game during night IRL ), Every server that is currently in a night cycle is EMPTY.

I'm not sure why people think the game ISN'T dark as it is ( With exception of Esamir, never gets dark there nor bright ).
I don't agree it makes for terrible game play. Also plenty of people played DayZ during the nights, people don't now because most have quit due to the game being buggy and waiting for the standalone. I prefer realistic night to the dusk we have now. Pointing to single player games that have a decline in playerbase and correlating that to the darkness of the game is a bit of a stretch. Believe it or not almost all single player games have dramatic declines in player base because they have an ending. Other games have dark night cycles and they worked really well, IMO, just because you don't like nights doesn't mean that they make for bad game play. To say 'no one, on the whole' implies that you speak for the player base which is also a rather big stretch.

Also, as far as the night not being dark.. it's not? When your view distance isn't changed at all from night to day cycle I'd say that's a good indicator it's not dark.
Old 2013-03-04, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Also plenty of people played DayZ during the nights
Yes, it was very Exciting for all 5 of them.

Pointing to single player games that have a decline in playerbase and correlating that to the darkness of the game is a bit of a stretch.
Misrepresenting someones words in an attempt to discredit and argue against a wholly created conclusion is called a straw man. I did not bring up a Single player game in an effort to show popularity. Please read again.

To say 'no one, on the whole' implies that you speak for the player base which is also a rather big stretch.
I am speaking for a majority, because that's what the facts, and reality bare. Its not an opinion.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-03-04 at 10:51 AM.
Old 2013-03-04, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
CasualCat
Corporal

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
Unless they've been fixed they should probably make flashlights actually work better were they to do this.

From memory (I can't remember the last time I used one) it lit you up as an easy target and provided very minimal illumination to what was in front of you.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CasualCat View Post
Unless they've been fixed they should probably make flashlights actually work better were they to do this.

From memory (I can't remember the last time I used one) it lit you up as an easy target and provided very minimal illumination to what was in front of you.
that's true they might need to work on the flash light luminescent cone a bit more
Old 2013-03-04, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
yozzer
Corporal

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
I would not give up one of my valuable abilities for this, maybe the could add an extra slot for the flashlight/Scope.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by CasualCat View Post

if the rooms inside bases are also dark, then the flashlight can be useful.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by yozzer View Post
I would not give up one of my valuable abilities for this, maybe the could add an extra slot for the flashlight/Scope.
well that's your problem not the game's because flashlight are suppose to be a side grade so everyone is not using it; if they prefer to have a foregrip or a laser sight then good for them they loose the flashlight but they can still get an NV scope. Also it will be interesting if they had ANT's and NTU's for when they get rid of the energy of base the light of the base will also drop. it would be amazing for specs ops.

Last edited by Phantomdestiny; 2013-03-04 at 10:18 AM.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Well seeing as basicly any player created light is near useless and the sights meant for very dark enviroments aren't really needed, sure.
I would love to trod around on Hossin in the swamp with fog and the darkness as my only companions... Right up until the darkness is interrupted by tracer rounds and search lights.

I can certainly understand why they changed it, not so much on their insistence on also keeping the flashlights etc. in the game.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Rat
First Sergeant

Not only no.....but hell no...I cant see shit as it is, I truely despise the night....all it is, is frusterating.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Not only no.....but hell no...I cant see shit as it is, I truely despise the night....all it is, is frusterating.
i'm not trying to be rude here but if you can't see shit right now you might have some vision deficiency just use NV scopes xD.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Bloodlet
Private

I think it is dark enough as it is. When I played VS I didn't notice much of a problem but since I've played a lot more NC for the past few months it can be hard as hell to see VS uniforms without an IRNV scope. That was one of my first upgrades.

Having a flashlight on your weapon in my opinion just makes you a target.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion