Griefing Costing Resources - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's a freaking joke
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-24, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Miniman
Private

Re: Griefing Costing Resources

Now thats an idea. Take away something people care about. Maybe even negative xp! Although, yeah, maybe only your accumulated grief is high enough, we've all been guilty of the odd friendly mow-down
Old 2012-07-24, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Ivam Akorahil
Sergeant

Re: Griefing Costing Resources

i think there should simply be a temporary debuff, one or two tks are manageable, with the debuff lasting like 5 min maybe ?

but once you go to 5 or 10 teamkills the stacking effect of it makes it impossible for you to continue tking, either by reducing damage output to nothing ness + preventing vehicle spawning, or simply killing you and put you on a 10 min respawn timer.

lets say per teamkill you get a 5% dmg reduction, but it does stack up if you do another tk within 5 min so first tk 5% second 10% 3rd 20% 4th 30% 5th 50% 6th 75% 8th 100% dmg reduction, completely preventing you from teamkilling anyone for at least 5 or 10 minutes

and ofc with each tk the 5 min timer is renewed
what do people think of that ?

and in relevance to the OP

punishing an unintentional teamkill is bad, punicshing intentional tk by taking something away they dont care about is pointless. id rather couple it with with my aforementioned system, if the enemy has done around 3 or 4 teamkills in his timer refund the resources to the TKED

this prevents excessive punishment to accident kills but also prevents griefers from intentionally costing resources to the team in rapid manner
because we got to be honest, if i play bf3 i have at least 5 people during a 30 min match who die by running into my line of fire 1 meter in front of me, of course in head hight so its immediate teamkill. and thats not my fault so why punish me. maybe even omplement a system to punish those who cause me a TK by stupidness

Last edited by Ivam Akorahil; 2012-07-24 at 05:00 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion