News: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nice girls stay away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I guess what I want to know is why is it ok for the Harasser to get the Halberd but not the HRB or Saron? Does this mean the HRB and Saron are generally OP compared to the Halberd, or is there something specific that makes them balanced on a MBT but not on a Harasser?
Harasser's Speed.

Both of the weapons are nearly hitscan, and, considering how fast the Harrasser goes, there're no extra calculations you have to make while your driver is spinning the steering wheel like crazy.

This means that allowing the weaps to have the same damage output as on an MBT is a bad idea.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-05-22 at 09:21 AM.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

"Upon activation the MAX is anchored to the ground, increasing fire rate, reload speed, and projectile speed by between 15%-30% depending on the weapon system."

Really? Are we still being overly vague here SOE? Would it perhaps be a good idea to make sure that players know how exactly Lockdown works with the different weapon systems before spending cert points on it? How about actually mentioning whether or not Lockdown works with NS weapons before having players waste cert points for something that they won't be getting?

The same goes with the ZOE, which is even worse as it gives no details what so ever.
"Increases the damage output of weapons at the cost of reduced armor effectiveness. Damage amounts vary from weapon to weapon."

Honestly, I thought we were behind this SOE. This just isn't acceptable. If I am to spend cert points on something then I want to be damn sure what it is I am spending those points on.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-22 at 10:34 AM.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Timantium
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Well re: TR AA MAXes in anchor mode. You will only be able to turn 180° making you a sitting duck of the ESF comes in from high altitude and dive down behind the back of the AA MAX.

Sure it will be slightly harder to kill off TR AA MAX from the air. But it's already a risky idea to try to pull it off so the anchor mode will not really change much in reality regarding air. At least not when it comes to faction, platoon, squad balance. 1 Vs 1 ESF Vs MAX it will slightly but this game is not balanced after 1 vs 1 fights in all scenarios. It's balanced for team play.
You mean it's supposed to be balanced for team play - the lack of population balance and their apparent inability to install simple systems that existed in the original game to balance team combat (namely the health adjustment) makes me question their commitment to team balance.

Overall, I am excited to try this update out in game and see how the lattice impacts battle flow. However, I am concerned this lattice is going to make the glaring population imbalance even more apparent by allowing the overpopulated faction to defend fewer points on their flank and rear as they steamroll their overwhelming front.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Honestly, I thought we were beyond this SOE. This just isn't acceptable. If I am to spend cert points on something then I want to be damn sure what it is I am spending those points on.
I for one won't be getting zoe. How often in an AI MAX are you not being shot at? Damage taken increase is far too high to make it more worthwhile than charge for VS, IMO. Now.. if it had the same bugs it had on the test server then maybe I'd be more interested ;P But assuming they fixed those, no chance I'll be using zealot until it's changed.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

I am just glad that Connery is getting merged. Last night I logged in (9pm PST) and there was no one on except NC. I logged out after 10 minutes.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I for one won't be getting zoe. How often in an AI MAX are you not being shot at? Damage taken increase is far too high to make it more worthwhile than charge for VS, IMO. Now.. if it had the same bugs it had on the test server then maybe I'd be more interested ;P But assuming they fixed those, no chance I'll be using zealot until it's changed.
I won't be getting either the ZOE or Lockdown until I know exactly what they do. Honestly SOE...

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Galron
Staff Sergeant

I've got close to 3k certs saved up for lockdown and related purchases, going to be pissed if its useless with bursters.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
vampyro
Corporal

Why nerf the Enforcer now? it wasnt like zomg the tank with an enforcer is coming. thats like the only good weapon to put on your vanguard.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Galron View Post
I've got close to 3k certs saved up for lockdown and related purchases, going to be pissed if its useless with bursters.
Bursters are working just fine when locked down from the fury I'm reading from the PS 2 forum

...god, it's been 3 hours and people haven't put up how the Lattice has ruined their lives for good, what is going on?
Old 2013-05-22, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Lettuce makes everything better.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
vampyro
Corporal

I agree the lettuce makes this feel like an actual war not hot potato. Finally fighting for every inch of land.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Apparently Busters are indeed affected by the Lockdown.

Old 2013-05-22, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Dragonskin
Major

A lot of interesting changes. Lattice on live will be interesting. I didn't get much chance to test it on test, but it looked like it focused fights which is good.. and bad depending on how your outfit operated.

SCU shield changes will be really interesting. No more campers in the shield picking off the stupid players. I enjoyed killing the noobs.. but I certianly saw how it affected gameplay.. it encouraged camping in shields and not pushing out on defense.

Glad I waited to buy anything for my harraser now that ES weapons are releasing.

MAX abilities... not looking forward to biolab fights against NC... ugh.. NC were already super hard to get out of a dug in biolab... now you will want to skip them.. but you may not be able to becuase LATTICE... blessing and a curse.

Wasn't a fan of ZOE, but lockdown was pretty nice. Lockdown will be far easier to use because well... not going to ruin the TR fun, but should be fairly obvious. ZOE sounds like the weakest ability and I doubt my opinion will change. Think when I play my VS I will just skip biolabs all together.

I made a new NC on connery last week to play with 666th again and I was going to re-roll on another server until someone told me via tell that a merge with Helios was coming. That merge was very much needed... sometimes there wasn't many people on with 1 faction with a HUGE population advantage.. think I saw TR with 50-60% population on Indar mid day Sunday... wow.
Old 2013-05-22, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
So far ZOE is OP... I think they should remove the increased moving speed. I couldn't take out a critically wounded VS MAX today, because he was jumping and strafing all around like a light assault with ZOE activated. The agility ZOE provides completely negates the reduced damage mitigation...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-22, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

Make tactical grenades weaker, still keep bullshit price per nade.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion