The AA "ladder" is messed up. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: has WMDs.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-24, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: The AA "ladder" is messed up.

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
People don't like Tanks doing it either, it's the idea that you should be outplayed by the opposing Infantry and not just corralled for a slaughter by Vehicles.

[VAS] DESTROY THE SPAWN TUBES
Old 2013-05-24, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

I knew it would happen when they launched with AA so weak, man...

...Knew it would happen.
What about all the good pilots that complain?
Old 2013-05-24, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post

[VAS] DESTROY THE SPAWN TUBES
Well if Destroying a Base's Spawn Capabilities were as difficult to pull off as in the Original, then maybe they'd be a valid means of capturing that Base.

Originally Posted by SolLeks View Post
What about all the good pilots that complain?
...Perhaps they aren't as "good" as they THINK they are.
Old 2013-05-24, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

...Perhaps they aren't as "good" as they THINK they are.
Spadar? Snafu? Noxorus(VS)?

They are all damn good pilots, I would include myself but I am not as good as they are (snafu and nox still get me more than I get them...) yet they have the same feelings. I know they are good, the community tends to agree that they are good, they all have the same thoughs that the AA max is OP range wise as the majority of the 'good' pilots in this community.

Maybe you should rethink your L2P comments.
Old 2013-05-24, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
AThreatToYou
Major

Maybe you should rethink your comments...

the person you are quoting adverse-wise is not making a whine-statement about the current state of the game. Whiteeagle is considering when the game was newly released and AA was buffed, which created a massive backlash due to ALL pilots thinking they were "good" now being playing "bad" because AA was stronger. There still remained experienced pilots who enjoyed the challenge and farmed more. Now AA is whack shit.

Whiteagle also agrees that AA MAXs are OP range wise. So do I.
This is all just one big misunderstanding.
Old 2013-05-24, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Whiteagle
Major

Snafu?
...You mean that guy who was whining about how he's always running into mid-air Debris from his own kills?
Old 2013-05-24, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

...You mean that guy who was whining about how he's always running into mid-air Debris from his own kills?
LOL! debres lose all momentum and instapoof you, it happens all the time to the worst and best pilots alike. Ever kill a tank in a 'knife fight' only to have it's debres flip over and kill you?

Man, you must not play this game.

Maybe you should rethink your comments...

the person you are quoting adverse-wise is not making a whine-statement about the current state of the game. Whiteeagle is considering when the game was newly released and AA was buffed, which created a massive backlash due to ALL pilots thinking they were "good" now being playing "bad" because AA was stronger. There still remained experienced pilots who enjoyed the challenge and farmed more. Now AA is whack shit.

This is all just one big misunderstanding.

So much ignorance in one post... I am sorry but really? Before you keep on with your L2P comments, do me a favor and check out my twitch page here and watch a bit of my older videos. I fly A2A, I have been flying since the fist round of tech tests. I flew through the OP skyguard days at the end of beta and I continue to fly today (although I have only gotten to play once this week on patch day). If whiteagle agrees with my entire stance that AA max's range is OP, then why is he arguing agenced me? I am fine with most of the AA buffs up until a few GUs ago when max's started to get crazy and I also want whats best for the game... This feedback I give is from my experience alpha and beta testing lots of games and thus I try to keep my bias to a minimum, however I just can not stand people who there entire argument is L2P, even more so when the thing being argued about is so obliviously OP.

Last edited by SolLeks; 2013-05-24 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Fixed Twitch URL, Durped and put.com instead of .tv
Old 2013-05-24, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

"You must not play this game" is the best argumentative cop-out of 2013. I don't think there's an awards program for it yet, but I know some guys in Zurich.
Old 2013-05-24, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
"You must not play this game" is the best argumentative cop-out of 2013. I don't think there's an awards program for it yet, but I know some guys in Zurich.
Its as good as L2P, I am just getting on his level. =P
Old 2013-05-24, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Whiteagle
Major

I wouldn't say that it is OVERpowered, just that MAXes have an unfair advantage when it comes to rendering ranges.
Really though Infantry can also damage you with Small Arms fire, not to mention the threat of Lock-on Launchers, so Air should learn to recognize and be cautious around possible Infantry Blobs even if they aren't in rendering distance.

I am fine with most of the AA buffs up until a few GUs ago when max's started to get crazy and I also want whats best for the game...
Which buffs are you talking about?
Because pardon my memory but I only remember MAX AA getting buffed once or twice "a few GUs ago..."

I will accept the new MAX abilities may have tipped an already advantageous engagement range difference into outright unbalanced territory, but the only flying I've done since GU 9 has been against the NC so there wasn't anything real change in the variables.
Old 2013-05-24, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Obstruction
First Sergeant

you're the one who said "overpowered" and "whine".

again just because someone complains about a thing doesn't mean they're wrong, or that their complaint doesn't deserve basic respect, and the causes don't deserve examination.

you dismiss someone else's claim based on how it fails to affect you. it's the planetside version of white privilege denying guy.

this started off pretty good and now it's a pissing contest.
Old 2013-05-24, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
AThreatToYou
Major

humans...
Old 2013-05-24, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
snafus
Sergeant Major

I really feel people should fly more before defending Bursters and other AA variants. So many individuals love to criticize flying in PS2 with shit experience themselves. Calling pilots bad who have persisted with months of being shit on by this game and still find ways to be successful is hilarious to me. I really wish all you "Experts" on air would be forced to show in game names so we can all see just how much time you have in a cockpit.

AA is broken right now. Just like air was broken at launch, which I admitted to then. Players who can honestly say AA is fine where it is or deny its OP status are either ignorant or bald face liars. Either way all of you fighting to keep AA as strong as it is now are simply speeding up the decline of this game. I will continue to play and fight for my favorite aspect of PS2 to stay capable but fair to all parties. Wish people would share an honest approach to balance to. But sadly to many players here cling to broken aspects of the game for the sake of an advantage.

Old 2013-05-24, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
AA is broken right now. Just like air was broken at launch, which I admitted to then. Players who can honestly say AA is fine where it is or deny its OP status are either ignorant or bald face liars. Either way all of you fighting to keep AA as strong as it is now are simply speeding up the decline of this game. I will continue to play and fight for my favorite aspect of PS2 to stay capable but fair to all parties. Wish people would share an honest approach to balance to. But sadly to many players here cling to broken aspects of the game for the sake of an advantage.
Dude, I've spent MORE time in a Mosquito then in my Lightning, and the Lightning is my best vehicle!

You are what they call an "Airchav," someone who can't comprehend the fact that their solo pwnmobile ISN'T suppose to be a solo pwnmobile just because they can keep it from crashing into the ground.

Just because Flak kills you doesn't mean it's Overpowered...
Hell, I've been killed three times as much by the AF-19 Mercenary as I have anything else, but does that mean it's an overpowered Carbine?
Old 2013-05-24, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Obstruction
First Sergeant

hovering over empty bases doesn't count
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion