I know the size of the Infl. suit inventory!! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wow, you could use that thing as a tripod.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-02-16, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Moloch
Master Sergeant

heh, yeah, they only have one smaller-than-supressor pistol slot.
Old 2003-02-16, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
oosik
Sergeant

Croco,

Dave Georgeson, the producer, has already stated in this thread that the inventory space for the infiltration suit is 6 by 6.
Old 2003-02-16, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Vauss? Can I get some of whatever it is you're taking? Must be good stuff.

This is the ONLY THING SJ has said in this thread (check for yourself if you don't believe me):

An ACE is 3x3. So is a REK. Talk amongst yourselves.
He did say, in an entirely different thread, that an infiltration suit can carry a pistol and for ACE's.

MazelMavin and Airlift have said 6x6, but they're just making educated guesses.

The jury is still out.

And a rifle COULD fit even in that inventory. The punshier (for sure) and supressor (almost certainly) are 3x6, so ithey would fit. USELESS, but there's enough room.
Old 2003-02-16, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
HRR Raven
Corporal

A surpressor wouldn't be useless. You'd have enough room for 2 clips. Considering it's silenced, that would be quite valuable. Just unload into someone's back, and then stop firing and recloak. Or, stab them in the back, then recloak, then equip the gun, then finish them. There's potential here if you can fit a supressor in your inventory for some serious pain.

That's why I think it'll be something funny tetris-shaped inventory so you can't fit anything bigger than 3x3, thus limiting you to the weakest pistol and ammo in your inventory.

God Bless America
Old 2003-02-16, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by NapalmEnima
Vauss? Can I get some of whatever it is you're taking? Must be good stuff.

This is the ONLY THING SJ has said in this thread (check for yourself if you don't believe me):

He did say, in an entirely different thread, that an infiltration suit can carry a pistol and for ACE's.

MazelMavin and Airlift have said 6x6, but they're just making educated guesses.

The jury is still out.

And a rifle COULD fit even in that inventory. The punshier (for sure) and supressor (almost certainly) are 3x6, so ithey would fit. USELESS, but there's enough room.
Im not getting into the stealth suit invintory size thing I've already made my point in the other thread but, I'm curiousy to know where you got that info that a rifle could fit into the inventory of the stealth suit? The supressor isin't a rilfe btw it's a sub machine gun which is a totaly different class and a smaller one too.
Old 2003-02-16, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Subliminal
First Sergeant

Why even argue/speculate in the first place? Nothing is final, hell they could change it completely so that it can carry a suppressor, that is if it already cannot.
Old 2003-02-25, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Moleculor
Sergeant

And besides, who cares if a ghost can carry a rifle or not, they can't use it.
Old 2003-02-26, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
HRR Raven
Corporal

This thread is two weeks old. *THWAP*

God Bless America
Old 2003-02-26, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Unknown
First Sergeant

Originally posted by {HRR} Raven
A surpressor wouldn't be useless. You'd have enough room for 2 clips. Considering it's silenced, that would be quite valuable. Just unload into someone's back, and then stop firing and recloak. Or, stab them in the back, then recloak, then equip the gun, then finish them. There's potential here if you can fit a supressor in your inventory for some serious pain.

That's why I think it'll be something funny tetris-shaped inventory so you can't fit anything bigger than 3x3, thus limiting you to the weakest pistol and ammo in your inventory.
Actually it would be useless. You can only use a weapon once it's been placed in a slot, and since there's no rifle slot, you can't 'equip' it. But you CAN still carry it around with you, not that it'd do much good other than waste space. MAXs can also carry all kinds of weapons, equipment, ammo, etc. but they just can't use any of it (except for the ammo for their arm mounted weapons of course). They can however give it to someone who can.

Basically, just cause you can carry stuff doesn't mean you can use it. You have to equip it first before you can, and you can't equip it if you don't have the correct slot for it. Since you can carry weapons in your inventory, you can have more weapons on you than you have slots for that weapon, but can only use what's currently in the slot(s). And the suppressor is a rifle sized weapon AFAIK. I think there's even a screenshot of that in an inventory screen somewhere...
Old 2003-02-26, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Unknown
First Sergeant

Ah yes, here it is:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/m....php?img_id=84

Suppressors are 3x6, pistol slots are 3x3.
Old 2003-02-26, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Saint
Captain

SJ gave enough hints to us in this thread that we can safely say that a stealths inv is 6x6

If an ACE is 3x3 then this is how his ghost looks

4 ACEs fill up inventory, REK in pistol slot and Knife in knife slot.
Old 2003-02-26, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Buck
Private

Talking

whats with the spontaneous math? c'mon people.
Old 2003-03-09, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
TheJrade
Private

I'm going to have to agree with Unknown, in terms of the inventory being whatever-sized, but the character simply cannot equip a rifle-sized (or suppressor-sized) weapon. If that were not the case, you could simply drop a weapon in your locker, change into an Infil suit, and carry the rifle.

However, you (and some friends) could sneak into a base, hack THEIR lockers to get YOUR stuff out, change into real fighting armor, and appear in the control room, a fully armed and fully operational battle station!

Fire at will, commander.
Old 2003-03-09, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

And I am going to have to agree with {HHR} Raven, in terms of oldness of thread.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-03-09, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

STOP bumping this thread. It died a long time ago. There is NO need to post anymore.

If you have read this, this is the end.
============================================
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion