Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planetside - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: insert corny Hamma joke here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-04, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Belhade
Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

Hopefully SOE makes enough money off PS2 that they can get back to EQ Live so my wife will quit bitching.
Old 2013-01-05, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
... i hope this game goes titts up
No you don't and if you do then you should feel ashamed. PS2 may or may not become a financial success but to actively wish for it's demise, when there is no valid reason as to want this to happen, is just silly. You are aware that you're wishing for people to possibly be fired, yes?

If you want the developers to answer your questions and take you seriously then the first thing you should keep in mind is to remain constructive. They haven't done anything illegal or unethical, so stove the attitude if you want them to treat you as a mature individual.
Save your apparent anger for when it becomes warranted.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
"If SOE build airplanes they would promise a supersonic jet, would deliver a propeller plane, and people would complain because it doesn't fly to Saturn."
If I may add...

"Then a year or two later SOE decides what the plane really needs is to replace the wings with a team of oxen."

Last edited by TheBladeRoden; 2013-01-13 at 06:40 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
hashish
Sergeant

I agree with OP..

PS1 is one of my all time top games and ps2 has been a big dissapointment so far.. Very good gameplay and shooting mechanics but its is missing toooooo many things, like meta-game, need many more vehicles, unique weapons, more conts, sanctuaries the list goes on and on and on and on.. SOE u really fked things up for all of us planetside fans :/

Anyways screw this game, i will come back when it is readyy for now im gonna play something that is actually complete.. Im sure in like a year or something this game will be AMAZZING ! but right now it succkks ! They need to add much much more content and i hope that aspects from ps1 make it back in some way because that game was great ! PS2 so far has abosultley NO level of progression and customizability/unique looking weapons, everything is wayy to generalised For example in ps1 you actually felt a sense of achievement when you killed enough people to get enough certs to buy a reaver cert or something ! Now its jus boring, 0 progression feeling :/ Oh im br 28 big deal, everything is still the same, no new skills, implants or cool stuff unlocked at higher br, all you get is some crappyass sidegrades and sights !! thats how it feels Cmon SOE we need to bring this game back and what will do it is CONTENT !!! There is no content in this game, everything feels exactly the same, all guns recycled and main heavy weapons suck !

The games official motto has always been " Size always matters " or something like that. Even though i do agree with this iconic planetside statement, SOE needs to consider that size does matter, but when u have a GIANT size/scale with everything the same, recycled crap ! same facilites, same biolabs, no variety at ALL ! then SIZE DOES NOT MATTER ! Content does ! and SIZE we need them both..

Last edited by hashish; 2013-01-13 at 08:48 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
RedPower
Corporal

mbarrett you are not alone !
PS2 = BF3OL
PS1 with better graphics is still better than BF3 with better graphics (PS2)
Why would some PS1 vets enjoy the BF3OL? I cant understand it
PS1 is still unique and PS2 is a Garbage
Old 2013-01-13, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
jsnipy
Private

Ignorance is bliss! I'm glad I never played PS1. All I know is this game >>>>> BF3.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sir fraggington
Private

I smell rustled jimmies.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Shogun
Contributor
General

so the game rocks for bf3 players right now.

let´s just hope the devs can keep this up, while adding back in the value ps1 had to also make it appealing to us ps1 vets again.
the game is still in developement and the potential is there. i hope the devs add new and old elements one by one, until the game has something appealing for everybody, like ps1 had.

so the op is right, but the way he expresses his feelings is plain wrong.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-01-13, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
RedPower
Corporal

Originally Posted by jsnipy View Post
Ignorance is bliss! I'm glad I never played PS1. All I know is this game >>>>> BF3.
Stupid
Old 2013-01-14, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Levente
First Sergeant

cry some more baby
Old 2013-01-14, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
EVILoHOMER
Major

The game just feels bland, it doesn't have any personality and it doesn't in any way feel like Planetside, it doesn't even have large battles either any more like it used to, the launch battles dwarfed what the game has now.

It just feels like a generic shooter like COD, it doesn't have it's own style, it is as if SOE wanted to make BF more than they did Planetside.

The guns are so bad, they all feel and look the same, each weapon type plays the same, nothing has it's own identity or distinctive play style. The best example is the HA weapons, like they feel like regular guns in the game, these weapons should all have their own personality. If I wanted a Rifle I'd use one instead of an underslung MCG or an orb firing Lasher or a massive beefy JH..... sadly even the JackHammer looks like a rifle and when you're shot by it, it sounds like you've be shot by a silenced weapon and it doesn't feel beefy.

The whole point of a MCG is I DONT WANT TO BE IN COVER! I WANT TO FUCKING BE RUNNING AND GUNNING......... what did SOE do? turn it into a rifle with a disadvantage of spin time.

The vehicles suffer from not being enough of them, really your only choice is a MBT for the ground and ESF for the air, everything else is useless. You can also go the Lib but it doesn't require three people to take advantage of. The Galaxy has no point to it, I've not seen any battle benefit from it like Planetside did. They might as well just have made an AMS instead of the Sund, it is so useless at anything else and the lightning is useless because MBTs are the one made vehicle in Planetside 2.

To balance the game out more they need to add a few more vehicles to flesh it out, rename the Sund to AMS and fix the meta game so Galaxies become useless. SOE need to turn MBTs insto a multi person vehicle instead of a solo vehicle, make it the grounds Lib. If they don't want to do that then they need to make another vehicle that plays this role, just as long as it ain't a BFR.

I wont be coming back though, not until the underslung MCG is back at least.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
so the game rocks for bf3 players right now.
I dont think so. Where are all these bf3/cod players? Most of the servers are more or lese empty. Also on primetime the servers are never full.

The game is too screwd up to be enjoyable for most players.
Old 2013-01-14, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
RedPower
Corporal

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
The game just feels bland, it doesn't have any personality and it doesn't in any way feel like Planetside, it doesn't even have large battles either any more like it used to, the launch battles dwarfed what the game has now. It just feels like a generic shooter like COD, it doesn't have it's own style, it is as if SOE wanted to make BF more than they did Planetside. The guns are so bad, they all feel and look the same, each weapon type plays the same, nothing has it's own identity or distinctive play style. The best example is the HA weapons, like they feel like regular guns in the game, these weapons should all have their own personality. If I wanted a Rifle I'd use one instead of an underslung MCG or an orb firing Lasher or a massive beefy JH..... sadly even the JackHammer looks like a rifle and when you're shot by it, it sounds like you've be shot by a silenced weapon and it doesn't feel beefy.The whole point of a MCG is I DONT WANT TO BE IN COVER! I WANT TO FUCKING BE RUNNING AND GUNNING......... what did SOE do? turn it into a rifle with a disadvantage of spin time.The vehicles suffer from not being enough of them, really your only choice is a MBT for the ground and ESF for the air, everything else is useless. You can also go the Lib but it doesn't require three people to take advantage of. The Galaxy has no point to it, I've not seen any battle benefit from it like Planetside did. They might as well just have made an AMS instead of the Sund, it is so useless at anything else and the lightning is useless because MBTs are the one made vehicle in Planetside 2.To balance the game out more they need to add a few more vehicles to flesh it out, rename the Sund to AMS and fix the meta game so Galaxies become useless. SOE need to turn MBTs insto a multi person vehicle instead of a solo vehicle, make it the grounds Lib. If they don't want to do that then they need to make another vehicle that plays this role, just as long as it ain't a BFR.I wont be coming back though, not until the underslung MCG is back at least.
Well say
Old 2013-01-14, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
IronMole
Sergeant Major

PS2 doesn't differ/offer much from BF3 (and BF3 is a much enjoyable game to play). The only difference right now is the persistent 'world', then again the continents are just maps without a 'winning' scheme.

Years of development to essentially make a carbon copy of Battlefield, what a joke.

Also, I love how Higby always states in the patches that these are done to our request and it's what we wanted, blah blah as if he's doing us a favor.

As I've once already stated. I want PS2 to fail. Simple.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
RedPower
Corporal

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
PS2 doesn't differ/offer much from BF3 (and BF3 is a much enjoyable game to play). The only difference right now is the persistent 'world', then again the continents are just maps without a 'winning' scheme.

Years of development to essentially make a carbon copy of Battlefield, what a joke.

Also, I love how Higby always states in the patches that these are done to our request and it's what we wanted, blah blah as if he's doing us a favor.

As I've once already stated. I want PS2 to fail. Simple.
Yeah,Higby is a JOKE~
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion