Game lagging with my hardware on low details - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware - Reavers!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-02-04, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Game lagging with my hardware on low details

Did a video myself now of the stuttering issue, although I think they know by now that there's an issue because I have seen Cycles post about it several times on the official forums.

It's not a drop to 1 FPS but its very noticable, I even pulled the map up near the end to show that there was a big battle raging at Vanu Archives (i was at Regent Rock) to prove that it has something to do with the amount of enemy and the direction they're in.

Funnily enough in the WG, it doesn't stutter with lots of my own faction.

Old 2013-02-04, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Beerbeer
Major

This is the same type of stuttering I'm experiencing, but much worse. Sucks, can't really play.

And since, like your example, it seems dependent on which direction you're looking at, I think it's a rendering or net code issue, but who knows?

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2013-02-04 at 05:35 PM.
Old 2013-02-05, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
VoidStar
Private

they should roll back the game before the patch, refund everyone who used there SC points after that date with the amount purchased in-game and fix the game on a test server where people can test it and report the problems rather then inject this crappy half baked patch into the live servers
Old 2013-02-05, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Stellarthief
Corporal

I am Intel/ATI user here.

Tried everything I could think of. Tried setting GFX high so that under normal conditions I wouldn't get good FPS anyway. This dropped my FPS as expected, but still got the stuttering.

I dropped my GFX level to something so low it's unplayable (50% rendering, 2000 rendering distance 1024x768 resolution, no shadows, flora, textures, particles, etc.) and even played around with the FoV if that was the case. It pumped my FPS way up but still got stuttering...

I don't think this is a user side issue.
Old 2013-02-05, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Stellarthief
Corporal

Originally Posted by VoidStar View Post
they should roll back the game before the patch, refund everyone who used there SC points after that date with the amount purchased in-game and fix the game on a test server where people can test it and report the problems rather then inject this crappy half baked patch into the live servers
That'll never happen...
Old 2013-02-05, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
PTG HooT
Corporal

The patch has caused huge lag spiking issues around several of the bases.

NS Data on Indar collapsed to a dozen FPS as did Highland and another adjacent to it.

Why don't these things get stress tested prior to release? on pc's that most people are likely to own - not WOPR!
Old 2013-02-05, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Pella
Captain

After about 10mins play. My screen goes black then PS2 is down to 15fps.

As you can see 20fps here, Where i should be getting 150fps no problem.

Old 2013-02-05, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
PTG HooT
Corporal

When it comes to explaining things in techy speak I may as well try doing so in Swahili.

Basically the issue for me and the guys I was squaded with yesterday is not a problem our side.

We were all getting massive lag spikes shunting our FPS from between 30 and 60+ (depending the guy - we have different spec pc's of course) all dropping down to 13-15 FPS.

Again - as a non tech-savvy person it would suggest a problem at the other end.

Are the PS2 servers able to handle more than 100 people a side? Before the patch there was much less lag and there appeared to be far fewer people kicking around.

A sudden increase in people and welcome back server instability!!

It got so bad that I was testing my hit box detection by shooting at a sqd mate from 1 m and I got zero hit detection.

Not sure exactly how you are supposed to an enemy in a FPS with a gun that doesn't hit.

Other instances included my health bar popping up showing it plumetting to zero then a second or so later someone has walked up and killed me (whilst my gun won't even fire bullets).

Pretty serious problems when it comes to the fast paced battles.

Eventually we all logged off and played DayZ. Please fix this quick! DayZ is sh1t!
Old 2013-02-05, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Stellarthief
Corporal

As I posted elsewhere.

It's likely not due to client side. On a reddit post the last assumption I read was that it could be Line of sight changes are causing the issues. There was some changes to the LoS and some people believe calculations are being made for players you don't see, don't render, etc. Causing overloads or some such. I am not tech savy so I can't explain it really.

Other theory is that SoE employees are clueless hacks.
Old 2013-02-05, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
PTG HooT
Corporal

It is just such bad business practice to release a Patch that pulls players back to the game without testing it properly...

Loads of people were back - enough to Pop Block Indar for NC on Woodman (first time I've seen it since a week into the game).

Only for all these people to see that SOE STILL haven't sorted out the lag issues.

Why is it such common practice to just chuck stuff out and then hotfix as you go? the game was fine prior to this "patch"

Yes there was spawncamping. And there still is. In fact its easier now they have put a first floor with a roof on it as the tanks can just sit there splash damage killing everyone who goes up there.

So what next? Nerf the tanks some more to compensate? This game is gonna end up with 3 fairies sat in a circle poking each other with cotton buds. nerf nerf nerf.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by VoidStar View Post
At this point, the time they would take to fix it would be less.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-05, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
At this point, the time they would take to fix it would be less.
I hope so. It's unplayable for me which sucks because I am really enjoying the SMG.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by PTG HooT View Post
This game is gonna end up with 3 fairies sat in a circle poking each other with cotton buds. nerf nerf nerf.
ROFL, I actually laughed out loud in the office and everyone turned round to ask what i was looking at on the internet......

We need a test server, or at least SOE need to re-open the BETA servers that were running and use them for testing patches out before applying to Live servers.

Hell even have just 1 server on the West Coast for all I care as long as there's one that X number of people can log into and test.

Even do a stress test night on a specific day for people to go see if the game breaks or not.

The argument of the "Test" servers pulling people away from live servers is a moot point because currently, and no exaggeration, 90% of my outfit have stopped logging on until the stutter issue is rectified.....even I end up logging on for 15-20 minutes to get my "fix" then logging off again in frustration
Old 2013-02-05, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
PTG HooT
Corporal

Me and my lads are in the same boat. None of us can stick playing for more than 30 minutes.

Even other lads from our clan that were knee deep in BF3 stopped to come over only to find the server was lagging balls and decided to wander back to playing Metro for hours on end..
Old 2013-02-06, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
PTG HooT
Corporal

Looks like the recent 62mb patch went some way to fixing this issue.
I'm finding much lower FPS in game now than ever before though. I had to log out and in half a dozen times in a 2-3 hour session because of rubber banding.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion