SOE doing more about hackers? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You�re a very, very bad man.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-10, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
RobUK
Corporal

Re: SOE doing more about hackers?

As a friend of mine mentioned on Sunday, the in-game messages and warnings about hacking during the weekend seemed laughable considering the fact that some absolutely blatant cheaters were still playing on Sunday evening having enjoyed a ban free aimbot and speedhack filled Saturday and Sunday.

It's hard to take those messages seriously when you see that happening.
Old 2012-12-10, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Wiifi
Private

Originally Posted by SlotJockey View Post
I would love to see a number tally on how many hackers were caught per server this weekend.

I only seen a few so far, and it seems that the idiots that use the teleport hack is the easiest to prove.

I just don't get why a few players think they can fool the GMs. However it's F2P and that gives an open invitation to all those wonderful scum. This is also a great way to encourage those said hackers to try to get around SOE's defenses.

The Devs can adjust and overcome the hackers.
307 were banned this weekend.
Old 2012-12-10, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

i think it's better that they are upfront, all your accounts will be instantly wiped if found out. it also shows they are serious. after seeing how many hackers ran rampant on mw2 and bf3 i welcome the up front and no nonsense approach. i can't even play those games anymore cause of how many people get through the protection. it's also sickening when in one match of bf3 you can still see 5-10 people instant banned for common hacks just in that one match. it's pretty telling of the gaming community today. it's filled with a bunch of low life hackers. props to soe for maintaining a level playing field as much as possible. i definitely did not see too many people on connery this weekend where i was thinking they were hacking as opposed to the previous couple days logged in. i reported one guy cause he was moving super fast but it could have been lag or so he claimed. i just figure when in doubt report em. the past week or so i probably reported 1-2 per session that seemed pretty obvious they didn't have something like radar speed hacks or aimbotting. i played a lot on sat and sunday so only seeing one was definitely an improvement. people could have also turned off their hacks too with the active gm visible and monitoring. would be interesting to know just how many people so far they have given the boot.

and after i post someone gave a number to my question good deal 307 made an example of wooooo

Last edited by Exmortius; 2012-12-10 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2012-12-10, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
Its like the skyguard. Doesn't really do anything but they hope it will scare away the offenders.
Loooool

I've yet to encounter my first hacker in this game so I never understood all fuzz about this game "totally being ruined" by hackers.

And scaring away can be just as effective as eliminating.
Old 2012-12-10, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Wiifi View Post
307 were banned this weekend.
And you think that's a lot?
Old 2012-12-10, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
UrMom
Private

after reading this tread i just did some googling and went over to [Name Removed]...it's pretty sad the stuff you read over there. The guys on that forum don't care about stats, certs, xp, etc. They could care less if they get their account wiped and banned. They just make another account and get back in there. They get off on the fact knowing they're making people rage (which honestly i find pretty sad). It's weird they talk about the game, and how its awesome and how they love it...yet they hack it to shit and ruin it. I just don't understand some people.

I also read a post about a guy that got banned and he got a new ip but couldn't get back into the game. They head dude of the forums told him to join the private section to find out how to get around the ban...so it looks like the bans aren't doing shit.

I'm going to be honest...i wish PS2 wasn't a F2P.

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-12-10 at 04:13 PM.
Old 2012-12-10, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by UrMom View Post
after reading this tread i just did some googling and went over to Artificial Aiming...it's pretty sad the stuff you read over there. The guys on that forum don't care about stats, certs, xp, etc. They could care less if they get their account wiped and banned. They just make another account and get back in there. They get off on the fact knowing they're making people rage (which honestly i find pretty sad). It's weird they talk about the game, and how its awesome and how they love it...yet they hack it to shit and ruin it. I just don't understand some people.

I also read a post about a guy that got banned and he got a new ip but couldn't get back into the game. They head dude of the forums told him to join the private section to find out how to get around the ban...so it looks like the bans aren't doing shit.

I'm going to be honest...i wish PS2 wasn't a F2P.
Yeah, some people are weird. And I think it should be F2P, just need more support. If it wasn't F2P, I might not subscribe. If there was a one time fee then sure, but if it was subscription based only then screw it.
Old 2012-12-10, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Beerbeer
Major

I'm no computer expert by any stretch of the term, but there has to be something that can actively scan and monitor everyone, all of the time. People should intervene to verify if this process flags someone and/or people report someone.

Sony should actively be a part of these hacking communities as well, under false pretenses of course, and reverse engineering everything.

This may be enough to at least deter the most well known and widely available hacks.
Old 2012-12-10, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
UrMom
Private

Originally Posted by SGOniell View Post
Yeah, some people are weird. And I think it should be F2P, just need more support. If it wasn't F2P, I might not subscribe. If there was a one time fee then sure, but if it was subscription based only then screw it.
yeah thats what i meant, a one time purchase. I could see this game being priced at like 19.99 or 29.99. I would gladly pay that if it deterred cheaters.
Old 2012-12-10, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by UrMom View Post
yeah thats what i meant, a one time purchase. I could see this game being priced at like 19.99 or 29.99. I would gladly pay that if it deterred cheaters.
Hell yeah, I'd pay $30 for this game in a heart beat. I'd want them to make weapons and gear more accessible to certs for that though, rather than just SC.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion