PSU: it tastes like jello!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-01-11, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Yea ram is your absolute necessaty for planetside play right now.

And i meant 1.5 from a literal point not a system one. because one gig can still leave you lagging cause of the system and xp using up enough to put the 900 mbs and the 100 or whatever, from the game and OS, over the 1gig from what ive heard. I was just saying 1.5gigs should literally put you past all your ram problem except in hte most extreme situation, aside from the reality of having 1.5 in your system.

But yea Get all the ram you can get. Atleast a gig if you really want to play. IF those numbers are rigth then you can support up to two 1024 sticks(1gig) for a total of 2048(2gigs). This leaves you the option of finding somewhat expensive single gig chips, if you can find some that are hte speed your comp can handle, which is confusing me right now cause i didnt know they had single gig chip capablities with PC100. But you can either get 2 single gig chips or one of htem, or get a paired 1gig that consists of 2 512ram chips (2x512) with dual channel if PC100 boards support that. Do they Rbstr?

The thing you have to worry about unless im wrong about what i just asked Rbstr is what speed ram you can support. IN which case you probly want the fastest you can afford. Wait is this even DDR? Either way you can get those size chips if what you said is true you just might not be able to dual channel them.

This is of course if you dont just put together a new comp.

Edit: Hows that I didnt use spelling or grammer??? you mean paragraphs?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-11 at 04:35 AM.
Old 2004-01-11, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

i didnt understand a single thing of what u said aitial. its all mashed together with no grammar or spelling.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-01-11, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Pyro_Man
i didnt understand a single thing of what u said aitial. its all mashed together with no grammar or spelling.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-11, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Undetected Edit: Ahhh, i got confused and mixed up him and Hazzers comp specs. He confuseded me@!!!
will ram really speed up my computer? my dads gunna be nice and get me more...
i have two slots total... where 1 is in use and one is free... but the first is removable...
and i can get 1048 mb or somethin per stick...
and my whole syatem can take 2089 or somethin total..
right now i hve 248 mb
prety sad huh?
and i installed a new video card and didnt notice much
but surprisingly enough it got rid of my "driver problem"
i didnt notice much of a difference though
exept that im actually rankin up kills...
my levels take like 5 min to load though
Rbstr
I gig and a half is over kill in gamin, alost you cant do dual channel if you have 1.5gigs best to get 2 sticks of 512. More than a gig is basicaly server sized ammounts of memory. But i woudl say that 512(2x 256) of ddr533 would outdo a gig(2x 512) of ddr400 in ps
ME
Yea ram is your absolute necessaty for planetside play right now.

And i meant 1.5 from a literal point not a system one. because one gig can still leave you lagging cause of the system and xp using up enough to put the 900 mbs(from the game) and the 100 or whatever (from the game and OS etc.) over the 1gig, from what ive heard. I was just saying 1.5gigs should literally put you past all your ram problems except in hte most extreme situation, aside from the reality of having 1.5 in your system(IE, Dual channeling etc or whatever). EDIT: if PS uses 900 mbs of ram in alot of the somewhat heavier situations and your system is using 100-200mbs then 1.5 gigs is literally the value you would need to not run over that because 1 gig can still allow the game to use up your ram and cause lag some of the time.

1gig=1024mbs 900+200=1100mbs??? Thats what i meant.

But yea Get all the ram you can get. Atleast a gig if you really want to play. IF those numbers are rigth(When he mentioned his computer specs above) then you can support up to two 1024 sticks(1gig) for a total of 2048(2gigs). This leaves you the option of finding somewhat expensive single gig chips, if you can find some that are hte speed your comp can handle, which is confusing me right now cause i didnt know they had single gig chip support with PC100. But you can either get 2 single gig chips, or one of htem, or get a paired 1gig that consists of 2 512ram chips (2x512) with dual channel if PC100 boards support that. Do they Rbstr?

Edit: in other words does it support DDR(in case of dual channeling or are these dimms)? Does a computer that supports pc100 also support 1024mb chips, or is that the wrong amount he can get. He has two slots for ram and can get up to 2048gigs from what he says. He has to be able to use them if thats tru but i wasnt aware they made that amount with stuff that has PC100.

The thing you have to worry about unless im wrong about what i just asked Rbstr is what speed ram you can support. IN which case you probly want the fastest you can afford. Wait is this even DDR? Either way you can get those size chips if what you said is true you just might not be able to dual channel them.

This is of course if you dont just put together a new comp.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-11 at 03:43 PM.
Old 2004-01-15, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

do you know any good web sites that have good ram, preferbly co.uk sites.
Old 2004-01-15, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Your getting unreasonable, most people aren't flowing in a river of cash as you seem to be. and not all mobos' suport 1 gig sticks. a two 512 sticks are far more economical and it is over kill, if you have 2 gigs of memory and the rest of the system is crapy whats the use?

infact if you have too much memory you take a preformance hit because of the timeings and precharge times of the larger chips

and the original poster uses pc100 and that almost definently not availible in 1gb sticks if the mobo could even suport it

EDIT: hazer i'm sorry but i don't know any UK sites most of us live in N. America

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-15, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

yay rbstr your finally listening to me. Honestly i find it hard to imagine that anyone would use more than 1 gig for a non server or data storage operation.

Old 2004-01-15, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I wasnt saying to get more than one gig i was jsut saying that it can peak 1gig from what i hear in game. And like i said i got Hazzors description of his MOBO mixed with undetecteds stats. I thought hazzor was undetected cause he said he could support 2048. Which is why i was confused.
Old 2004-01-24, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

I've upgraded to 384 MB for the time and the lag has dropped dramatically.
Old 2004-01-24, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

yea now if you get more it will go down even further. The limit id hit would be 1gig.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum