Chalk me up as another vet that loves Planetside2 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma for Jesus 2012
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-17, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
RedPower
Corporal

Re: Chalk me up as another vet that loves Planetside2

Originally Posted by IamEternal View Post
I dont get the BF refrences everyone makes. I played a bunch of the BF series and none of them make me think PS2. BF are small maps with short matches. I couldn't drop pod into locations, or spawn whatever vehicle I needed. There were no warpgates, terminals, or persistent environments. What faction you were on had no bearing outside of that one particular match.

The only similarity I can see between PS2 and BF is that they are both FPS. I feel there is more similarity between PS2 and PS1 than between PS2 and BF. The ability to change your class at a whime, Customizing it with certs and SC. Weapon upgrades, and vehicle enhancements. You find your style and you invest in it.

Yes, PS2 still has a lot of work to be done to it. So did PS1 when it first came out. We cant blame the developers for its early release, that's on Sony. Let's thank them for at least getting a playable game out for use in the short amount of time they had, and be appreciative that they are excited enough about the game and it's player base to keep on fixing things. Eventually this game is going to be better then PS1, I truly believe that. Just be patient and have faith in the developers. Perfection takes time, your hate and flaming wont help.

I for one would like to thank the developers for what they have given us so far and look forward to what they have coming in the future. I know they want this game to be as amazing as we do and will do everything they can to make it that way. Let's give them our support and encouragement so they continue to want to work on it.

#mytwocents
Never played PS1?I dont think u played PS1,your post is a JOKE.
PS2 have nothing like PS,it just copy BF,and PS1 >>>> PS2
Old 2013-01-17, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Catfart
Contributor
Private

+1 to OP.

I don’t play shooters. Never have, strategy games are my thing. Never tried COD or BF. Lost all my twitch reflexes about 25 years ago.

But there was something about Planetside that pulled me in and kept me playing for several years. I suspect it was the Massive in the MMOFPS and the strategic elements that gave the battle a reason. When I heard about PS2 I was desperate to get into the Beta and was chuffed when I did. So far it has had the same draw for me. It’s kept me coming back on a regular basis and I’ve managed to pull several pals into the game for weekly sessions since it went live.

I’m looking forward to the implementation of strategic game elements and a role for smaller groups, but have no loyalty to the mechanisms in the original.

So add me the list of vets that love PS2

<re-engage lurking cloak>
Old 2013-01-17, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Facts
Private

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Who's the other one?

yeah I was gonna say well, that makes all three of ya.
Old 2013-01-17, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Facts
Private

The only similarity I can see between PS2 and BF is that they are both FPS. I feel there is more similarity between PS2 and PS1 than between PS2 and BF.

I think we can ignore everything that you post on the subject from here on.
Old 2013-01-17, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Facts View Post
And people like you call BF/CoD fans childish.
Old 2013-01-17, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
IamEternal
Private

Originally Posted by Facts View Post
I keep hearing your rhetoric about PS2 and BF but have yet to have any proof given or analogy shown. Please by all means ignore me all you want but at least I showed evidence as to why I see things differently. You can make your childish claims based on my opinion but in truth, without facts and supporting evidence your claims mean nothing. Provide substance to your claim. I have pointed out only a few of the differences between PS2 and BF, and a few of the similarities between PS2 and PS1. I would be more than happy to hear your counter argument, that is if you can come up with something better then "LA LA LA, I cant hear you." Until you can come up with valid reasons though and can adequately and coherently articulate them on this forum, please do the rest of us a favor and stop posting.
Old 2013-01-17, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Paperboy
Private

I don't understand, clearly this game has major flaws... this game is about 3 factions engaged in a forever lasting threeway battle without really fighting for something.

At least in planetside 1 zero basing an opposing faction resulted in being able to spawn enemy tech.

I have no hope for planetside 2, clearly the developers have their own view of this game and clearly there are many clueless fanboys up and about defending this shallow game.

SOE whatever you do, dont listen to the players, keep going on your own path of destruction maybe then will you learn.

When I first heard about PS2 I was like "HELL YEAHH!!!!!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!"

Now I am more like "What a shit game, why even bother logging in."

This is coming from a Planetside Veteran, the ingredients are here, but the developers refuse to use any form of logic to make the game better, if anything they are very good at adding bugs and crazy imbalances.

To OP you're not a veteran, I dont believe any veteran dares to call this game worthy of being a sequel to Planetside.

Oh yeah, I'm done here, I'll check back in a year, I fully expect to see the game in the same state.

Last edited by Paperboy; 2013-01-17 at 01:38 PM.
Old 2013-01-17, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
IamEternal
Private

all that because as far as your post says the only thing you dont really like is the fact that you cant spawn enemy tech? Talk about overreacting. The game just came out and it was forced out way before the developers were ready to release it. Yes sony dug their own grave wit hthat choice but dont string up the developers for it. Slowly but surely they are adding to it and morphing it into what it was envisioned to be.

People need to get over this idea that everything has to happen immediately. things take time, effort, and trial and error to get right. Have any of you people crying over how dissappointed you are ever tried to program a game this sophisticated? Be happy these people take the time to write all this code so you can sit there and cry over how you dont have it exactly as YOU want it. There are plenty of people that love it and enjoy playing so your baseless whining and complaining really mean absolutely nothing to anyone. If you want to be heard be constructive. If you dont like something discuss how to fix it, not just cry and ragequit because the developers didn't consult you for every aspect of this game.

Please don't come back in a year.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
IronMole
Sergeant Major

I keep hearing your rhetoric about PS2 and BF but have yet to have any proof given or analogy shown. Please by all means ignore me all you want but at least I showed evidence as to why I see things differently. You can make your childish claims based on my opinion but in truth, without facts and supporting evidence your claims mean nothing. Provide substance to your claim. I have pointed out only a few of the differences between PS2 and BF, and a few of the similarities between PS2 and PS1. I would be more than happy to hear your counter argument, that is if you can come up with something better then "LA LA LA, I cant hear you." Until you can come up with valid reasons though and can adequately and coherently articulate them on this forum, please do the rest of us a favor and stop posting.
The whole HUD, from the map to the ammo counters to the "3D spotting". Hit markers, XP gain, "ticket" system, way-point locations, kill cam, spawn screen even the "hacking" symbol etc...

What doesn't make it BF3?

Sorry to say, but PS2 does look like a carbon copy of BF3.

There are no similarities between PS and PS2, apart from 3 empires...

Compared to the HUD from the ORIGINAL Planetside, they haven't even tried to make it unique in PS2.

Class system - this is my major gripe. They force me to have to play a ROLE instead of me defining my own characters role.

Taking out vehicle animations, giving the main driver control of the main gun in a MBT. This ruined the immersion of actually bothering to squad up and playing as a team.

The only real difference is that PS2 has a 'persistent' world, the continents are just massive MAPS. 5000 ticket on a BF3 conquest server is no different.

They had 9 years of the Planetside franchise under their belts. They knew what worked, we told them constantly from PS what worked. They should have listened and took some pages from the original.

Instead they just created something that offers nothing different to the modern FPS games that already exist.

It's not the case of 'give it time' - there are certain things that should have been the main focus and already implemented into the game. Instead they refused to listen, only then to realize and implement it afterwards...

Does it not make you wonder why so many of us continued to pay and play Planetside and invest so many years? Even when new FPS games got released?

The game has been a major disappointment for many of us... Not just the 'bitter vets'.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Paperboy
Private

all that because as far as your post says the only thing you dont really like is the fact that you cant spawn enemy tech? Talk about overreacting. The game just came out and it was forced out way before the developers were ready to release it. Yes sony dug their own grave wit hthat choice but dont string up the developers for it. Slowly but surely they are adding to it and morphing it into what it was envisioned to be.

People need to get over this idea that everything has to happen immediately. things take time, effort, and trial and error to get right. Have any of you people crying over how dissappointed you are ever tried to program a game this sophisticated? Be happy these people take the time to write all this code so you can sit there and cry over how you dont have it exactly as YOU want it. There are plenty of people that love it and enjoy playing so your baseless whining and complaining really mean absolutely nothing to anyone. If you want to be heard be constructive. If you dont like something discuss how to fix it, not just cry and ragequit because the developers didn't consult you for every aspect of this game.
I am back! but only for a quick reply, clearly you dont know shit about Planetside or Planetside 2.

Man you sure are shortsighted, Enemy Tech unlocks are not the only thing holding me back from playing this game, but at least they added an incentive for zero basing an enemy in the old Planetside, compare that to Planetside 2, where you have no sanctuaries at all, only the everlasting three ways.

Why are you even here on the forums if this is such a good game? Go be the fanboy that you are get in game and start playing instead of crying about people who have issues with the game.

Don't start a discussion you know nothing about.

I'm so sick of people pretending to know everything, this game has hardly changed since technical test (5 months ago) beside a few nerfs and buffs and stealthnerfs/buffs oh and some lame overpriced content.

Sorry to break it to you but there will always be cynical people like me so better get used to it.

Please don't come back in a year.
Oh I will be back, just so you know, you can't hide me away in your fantasy world.

Did I mention that they only decided to bring it out early because they saw how popular the game had become in such a short time? you are still playing a beta while you are getting milked for money, but at least you look cool right? lol

Last edited by Paperboy; 2013-01-17 at 02:53 PM.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Amen brother. Screw the haters.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
IamEternal
Private

I have never seen a kill cam in PS2. Not sure you are even playing PS2 if you have a kill cam. I would love a kill cam in PS2 vso I could see where the other sniper is hiding that killed me so I can take him out too. PS1 the driver manned the main gun on the MBT. PS1 had squad waypoints, ammo counters, minimaps and radar with hit markers. not much in any of those is different from PS1. Hell in PS1 you could drop sensor becons and have a perma radar giving away all enemy locations in a given area.Class system? I seem to remember having infiltrator, LA, and HA. with certain Items only applicable to certain types. yes there was more custamization but it wasnt that much different. Given time and more additions in the future to increase the variety of items in game and im sure you'll have that here.

Im not playing because Im at work. I come on the forums during my breaks and get a good laugh at all of you narrow minded people that complain over such little things. The game is in its infancy and you're freaking out. It's pathetic to say the least. I like the comment about how I am start a discussion I know nothing about yet again I bring facts and examples and you yell opinions and insults with nothing to back it. Your argument mean nothing to me unless you have substance to back your claim.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
I am back! but only for a quick reply, clearly you dont know shit about Planetside or Planetside 2.

Man you sure are shortsighted, Enemy Tech unlocks are not the only thing holding me back from playing this game, but at least they added an incentive for zero basing an enemy in the old Planetside, compare that to Planetside 2, where you have no sanctuaries at all, only the everlasting three ways.

Why are you even here on the forums if this is such a good game? Go be the fanboy that you are get in game and start playing instead of crying about people who have issues with the game.

Don't start a discussion you know nothing about.

I'm so sick of people pretending to know everything, this game has hardly changed since technical test (5 months ago) beside a few nerfs and buffs and stealthnerfs/buffs oh and some lame overpriced content.

Sorry to break it to you but there will always be cynical people like me so better get used to it.

Oh I will be back, just so you know, you can't hide me away in your fantasy world.
Such arrogance. Pity that an eloquent and well thought out OP by a vet who dares to admit that he actually likes PS2 attracts this kind of trash.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
IronMole
Sergeant Major

I have never seen a kill cam in PS2. Not sure you are even playing PS2 if you have a kill cam. I would love a kill cam in PS2 vso I could see where the other sniper is hiding that killed me so I can take him out too. PS1 the driver manned the main gun on the MBT. PS1 had squad waypoints, ammo counters, minimaps and radar with hit markers. not much in any of those is different from PS1. Hell in PS1 you could drop sensor becons and have a perma radar giving away all enemy locations in a given area.Class system? I seem to remember having infiltrator, LA, and HA. with certain Items only applicable to certain types. yes there was more custamization but it wasnt that much different. Given time and more additions in the future to increase the variety of items in game and im sure you'll have that here.

Im not playing because Im at work. I come on the forums during my breaks and get a good laugh at all of you narrow minded people that complain over such little things. The game is in its infancy and you're freaking out. It's pathetic to say the least. I like the comment about how I am start a discussion I know nothing about yet again I bring facts and examples and you yell opinions and insults with nothing to back it. Your argument mean nothing to me unless you have substance to back your claim.
With your reply, it is now clear that you have no idea about anything regarding Planetside 1.

As to the kill cam - they changed it after the community TOLD them that it was a bad idea, even though it didn't belong in the first place.

I've brought facts into my replies, you've replied with absolute crap.

Good day!
Old 2013-01-17, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

What a strange group PS folks are (sometimes). EVERYONE here has Passon & Love for this game. Mega-Flaming is unecessary. 99% of the time it's unwarrented. It contributes nothing. Opinions vary. I have little choice but to dismiss a post which is nothing more than a polemic's ill-tempered drivel. Some folk take license with their opinion - A license to make themsleves look like giant asshats.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion