"marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how long does it take for these things to be approved?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-18, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Strategy
Private

Re: "marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked

It's good to at least bring in someone with experience in the game. Tobuscus, along with Seananners, never actually even play. Seananners has played a total of a couple hours.
Old 2013-01-18, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Mavvvy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
It's good to at least bring in someone with experience in the game. Tobuscus, along with Seananners, never actually even play. Seananners has played a total of a couple hours.
Yeah kinda shows up how accidentally some of these guys rises to fame on YouTube was. D*ck jokes and goofing off in minecraft might get you hits on YouTube. But on the flip-side of that, slacking off in the public eye while under contract equally can't be good for future opportunities coming your way.

At least TB has his professional head screwed on and is making an effort
Old 2013-01-18, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Assist
Contributor
Major

Truth is I don't know any of the streamers etc, if I want to watch someone play a game I'd rather it be an actual sport. The whole eSport scene is ridiculous. It's completely based on marketing to the point that the game is irrelevant. Playing games yourself is fun, but watching someone else do it is on the same level as these people who watch reality TV shows, IMO. To each their own though, I guess.

I do agree with you though, if this is the best marketing that SoE can pull off for promoting their game, then I think they could use a fresh new face in their marketing department.
Old 2013-01-18, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
Tobuscus guy was friggin hilarious in that empire showdown video.
Made me laugh and not in a bad way..

VS clowns just need to get a sense of humour.
I agree. I thought it was all in good fun. I was going to roll a new VS character just to go pal around and make an ass of myself.

So much ego wrapped up in this game sometimes.
Old 2013-01-18, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Vanu leadership needs a man of science. Now I know he's a busy guy but who else would be able to explain the science that goes into VS weaponry?

Old 2013-01-18, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I love how the general theme of threads on this topic is generally "I don't know these people, but i'm going to make assumptions about them anyway".
Old 2013-01-18, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
tehgrimza
Private

The video of the leaders would be so much better if one of them wore a CHIVE shirt, just saying.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
MadderMax
Private

Personally I feel the event should be held on a new server for a short time, everyone who wants in makes a new char on that server but cant play until shortly before the event starts. Makes the playing field level.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Truth is I don't know any of the streamers etc, if I want to watch someone play a game I'd rather it be an actual sport. The whole eSport scene is ridiculous. It's completely based on marketing to the point that the game is irrelevant. Playing games yourself is fun, but watching someone else do it is on the same level as these people who watch reality TV shows, IMO. To each their own though, I guess.
I watch people playing games instead of playing games for the same reason some people like watching sports rather than playing it themselves, or cookery shows instead of cooking themselves, etc: entertainment.
Old 2013-01-18, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
3 hours 34 minutes total on the account seen in SeaNanners 3 live streams.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...tats=SeaNannos

What the hell. 3.5 hours total and he is suppose to be our "leader". Im more qualified to lead the NC than him with my mere 68 hours, and Im shit at competitive games. There's also the major outfit leaders that have 100s of hours that are FAR better choices at leadership.

Only 7 days before the event. 1 week for someone that relies on twitch reflexes to learn the ins and outs of leading an army in a HUGE teambased game. That can't be done in my eyes with so little time. SeaNanners is a carry, meaning that he's the guy you keep as a backup in a fight. Not the person trusted to ignore himself for the good of the team.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
SgtMAD
Captain

this is going to be one huge cluster fuck,I have almost a decade of leadership experience and to think any of these guys are fit to even lead a raid on the refrigerator is comical.

you don't want twitch killers trying to lead anything, those guys are too focused on what is going on right in front of them and lack the awareness needed to manage large groups of ppl in a battle,

you need ppl that can think ahead and have the experience to be able to read the map and understand where the enemy is trying to move next and be there ahead of them,you have to get inside their command chain and make them react to you and most ppl don't even understand what any of that means

what you are going to see is three huge zergs running into each other headlong with very little direction except the call to all hit one target.

the only hope for this event is that some of the players step up and ignore the "leaders" and play smart and crush the enemy with some "out of the box" thinking.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

Guys, this thing is going down next week and then it will probably never happen again. And even it will only be for three hours. Thinking way too hard about it lol. I'm just excited about the prospect of some really huge battles.

Last edited by RykerStruvian; 2013-01-18 at 03:09 PM.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I'm happy for the VS as they now have LevelCap. For the rest of us NC though does anyone feel like they're getting a knife in the back with this event? I'll still participate but I may as well bend over and wait for the might of the TR and VS to steamroll through me.

(While it won't be that severe I'm sure, it's still disappointing. : / )
Old 2013-01-18, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I agree; Fire SeanNanners.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
VGCS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dkamanus View Post
The question is, WHO is an internet celeb of that magnitude that could represent NC, since he plays the game?
BroTeam ... That's about it though. Anyone else who knows the game well enough knows better than to try and use the slowest ROF guns in a game where screenshake decides more fights than positioning does
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion