New Max Updates on Test Server - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason she left
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-28, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: New Max Updates on Test Server

I want to play TR now because of lockdown. The problem is we NC also got a shield. Don't under-estimate lockdown, i mean please. don't. Now, VS's zealot overdrive seems a bit sketchy. In the years of PS1's last nails in the coffin, the TR MAX was upgraded with a rate-of-fire capacitor in addition to lockdown (not needed... TR max strong). It didn't increase damage taken.

So, my opinion: Zealot Overdrive should not increase damage taken.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Uhm, the ZOE is going to get nerfed into the ground. MAXes will run faster than infantry sprint. It's going to make VS maxes incredibly strong.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
AThreatToYou
Major

Well, that's good.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Are people crying over something on the test server? Give SOE direct feedback and they shall adjust it. That's the point of Test Server. lol
Old 2013-04-29, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
Are people crying over something on the test server? Give SOE direct feedback and they shall adjust it. That's the point of Test Server. lol
My words exactly. I want to see the ZOEMAX in fights on the test server. It's gonna be more fun to take down as a HA because it's just such a big threat, can dodge rockets, and will plow right at you and disappear around the corner again fast as lightning.

I haven't tried it, is this an on-off ability like the Shield or lockdown? If not, what's the duration and cooldown?
Old 2013-04-29, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
PredatorFour
Major

I can see NC moaning that it is inbalanced. Both TR/VS get RoF increase while they don't, so our AA maxes are going to beast their air while they get a shield !
Old 2013-04-29, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Qwan
Captain

TR maxes, the lock down is awesome, throw in some engis and you have a beast of a machine (just watch your back). NC love the shields, Its balanced because you cant fire at the same time but you can move to the next position without taking to much damage, and spot targets. Im liking that alot. Im glad this is test though and like Higby said, its a good amount of steps from being released to the public. But its fun to check it out and get an Idea of how the weapon is going to work, and whats to come. Now to the VS it really doesnt matter what they give us, we take what they give us and we still lock continents, take bases, and smack NC and TR biotches, and find ways of turning the enemy's OP and cool weapons against them making them useless. We may have it hard sometimes, our weapons may not do what the others do, but we always come threw in the end. Hopefully that old guy who keeps telling us about enlightenment, and how we must push harder, will go down to the weapons development office and put a foot up somebody's ass, because there failing Vanu and us.
Old 2013-04-29, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by hashish View Post
As usual VS get the worst weapon, and no special ability.. Really unfair on Vanu, always get the worst
Obviously you need to check out Waterson server when it comes time for an Esamir alert. The Vanu stick at around 20% capped for the first hour and a half. Then the VREV (Vanu Revolution) kicks into overdrive and pulls 3-4 platoons on our (H4TZ) 1 and a half platoons and we get NO BACK-UP WHATSOEVER. Sure, we can hold them at one point until it's capped, and prevent them from moving on. But that's only because they get their Scythes up and running behind our lines to cap the southeastern Bio Lab and then the suddenly have frostfall SOMEHOW, God only knows how, and then everything goes to shit. From now on, you shouldn't be complaining abou thow VS is underpopulated and underpowered.

Originally Posted by hashish View Post
(everyone will agree to this point that VS maxes are not threatening in combat and are easy to kill)
I only agree on this point of being underpowered. All I have to do is run up behind an unaware VS MAX, empty my entire clip of my Blitz GD-10 SMGand BOOM! He's dead. If not dead, then only 2 mag shots away from behind dead. If anything needs to get buffed, It's the VS MAX Armour. That's it.
Old 2013-04-29, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
Obviously you need to check out Waterson server when it comes time for an Esamir alert. The Vanu stick at around 20% capped for the first hour and a half. Then the VREV (Vanu Revolution) kicks into overdrive and pulls 3-4 platoons on our (H4TZ) 1 and a half platoons and we get NO BACK-UP WHATSOEVER. Sure, we can hold them at one point until it's capped, and prevent them from moving on. But that's only because they get their Scythes up and running behind our lines to cap the southeastern Bio Lab and then the suddenly have frostfall SOMEHOW, God only knows how, and then everything goes to shit. From now on, you shouldn't be complaining abou thow VS is underpopulated and underpowered.

I only agree on this point of being underpowered. All I have to do is run up behind an unaware VS MAX, empty my entire clip of my Blitz GD-10 SMGand BOOM! He's dead. If not dead, then only 2 mag shots away from behind dead. If anything needs to get buffed, It's the VS MAX Armour. That's it.
Yeah looks like that happens when I'm off. VS pop in my times sticks at 15-25%, while H4TZ and GCR (Giant Communist Robots) keep the NC pop high all day long. And then come the alerts, the zerg arrive, my dose of lag arrives, and we lose the Traverse. AGAIN.

My fav place to fight is Jaeger's Crossing, and NC are more fun to fight than VS any day. Shoutout to NightEyes and Sgt(forgotrestofname) for being awesome NC players.
Old 2013-04-29, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Shoutout to NightEyes and Sgt(forgotrestofname) for being awesome NC players.
Let's not forget the platoon commanders of H4TZ (at the time of alerts and right before them) for keeping the southeast on lockdown! ;D (Me, snake00223, Czuuk, and others). :P

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2013-04-29 at 07:04 AM.
Old 2013-04-29, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Let's not forget the platoon commanders of H4TZ (at the time of alerts and right before them) for keeping the southeast on lockdown! ;D (Me, snake00223, Czuuk, and others). :P
Gonna keep a lookout for you if you ever fight Anywhere that's not East of Eisa.
Old 2013-04-29, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Gonna keep a lookout for you if you ever fight Anywhere that's not East of Eisa.
Smart man, smart man... Just keep a look out for my Delta squad, I usually put the better players in there. xD
Old 2013-04-29, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Smart man, smart man... Just keep a look out for my Delta squad, I usually put the better players in there. xD
And how on earth am I supposed to tell which ones are the Delta squad? Do they have a big D somewhere?...

that... no never mind.
Old 2013-04-29, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You missed the important part of the OP. Why are you giving that Vanu the "jack of all trades" ability? It's not exciting or interesting. Most players when given the choice are going to choose the offensive or defensive ability, not the one that's 50% of each.
I wouldn't call it defensive at all, as it increases incoming damage. It's very movement based, a quality that the other two abilities distinctly lack.
Old 2013-04-29, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
HiroshiChugi
Captain

And how on earth am I supposed to tell which ones are the Delta squad? Do they have a big D somewhere?...

that... no never mind.
Yes, yes they do! xD! And you'll know... Oh, you'll know...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion