Higby tweets incoming fixes! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Guns dont kill people... death kills people
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-12, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
james
Sergeant Major

Re: Higby tweets incoming fixes!

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
I went and took a look at the official forums (obviously I hate myself), and the ESF pilots are already flipping their shit over these changes.
Welcome to the problem of making something op, and then trying to fix it.
I can't wait to see when they bring out the faction balance patch, and how much complaining on how they can't have a 2 kd any more becuase they are now on par with the rest.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Bursters are an AA weapon, not AV. They are not supposed to damage tanks and that's fine.

1. Again: Bursters are not supposed to hurt vehicles. The only thing you can do to a tank with them is to take their vision because the burster bullets really take a lot of the screen when fired at.

2. Dual falcons are actually pretty good if you can get close to a tank. 4 shots in the back kill an MBT (that is only once reloading because you have 2 guns). The only thing I don't like about them is the short range because they explode at a certain range in the air.
Flak rounds in PS2 are 40mm explosive shells that shower an area with metal fragments to shred aircraft and the persons inside them. Think about that. A 40mm high explosive shell made to kill, not with the explosion, but with the shrapnel alone. Something that big will fuck up anything in front of it. A real world Tunguska fires just 30mm shells and can eat armor if needed. Im not saying flak rounds need to be AV weapons, just that they should do damage. It can be under 1% for all I care, just so that it does damage.

At the ranges tanks engage all targets MAX AV weapons are useless for more than one reason. Why should I have to wait for the tanks to finish killing everyone and move in before I can reliably do damage? Those AV weapons may be strong as hell (they are) but they are NOT useable at range do to how slow they travel, how cross-eyed they are, and how hard it is to aim for the insane amount of drop they have. I don't use my dual falcons I paid for because of the same reasons I hate shotguns. They are near useless at the ranges this game needs you to play at unless you're inside of a tech plant or bio-lab.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
GrmlZ
Corporal

Well, flying went ok today, AA feels more potent, but as far as i can tell not too potent. Needs more than a day of testing to get to a real conclusion of course.

However, i dont think we will have a truly good Air/ground balance until they start balancing the air weapons first instead of AA.
I think since the beta too strong air weapons where the problem that always prevented proper air/ground balancing.

ESF/libs are extremly powerfull and can take out an insufficiently protected target very fast.
Yes, air should be able to take out a target that is not properly protected,but not that fast.
I kill a tank in a second when i can hit it more or less from behind, and even attacking the front armor a tank dies fast against pods.

Of course you need powerfull AA if you want to "balance" this, the problem with this is that this leads to too much of a rock/paper/scissor balancing, one that would be more suitable for a RTS game than a shooter.

In order for AA to protect properly against decent pilots it needs to be so strong that new pilots get instagibt before they know what hit them.

Gameplay footage // Dogfight Montages // Outfit play ect
http://www.youtube.com/user/GrmlZGaming

Last edited by GrmlZ; 2013-01-12 at 08:24 PM.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
Sooooooo there's nothing in there about actually making the Reaver competitive vs the other fighters, just a bug fix that didn't even affect everyone and yet flak damage is now buffed so that Reavers can die even easier.
Reavers not competitive Vs other ESF? good one. Reavers are on equal standing dogfighting the mosquito easily.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Belhade
Sergeant

Well these changes make sense. Considering, last night I was MAX Bursting and some Inf comes out of nowhere. I turn to hose him down, forgetting that my left-hand is a shotgun. Blasting away at this guy, who has his back to a wall, I couldn't kill the sumbiatch. Bursters did nil. I finally remembered how to aim with shotty, but not until he'd already taken me down to about 10%. Sigh.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I took my Skyguard for a spin today, it was definitely eating up a good half health off hovering ESFs before they decided maybe hovering wasn't a good idea. Once the XP-for-damaging comes in, at least they will be doing a decent enough job and be rewarded for scaring people off.

Still, I wish the buff was for accuracy (less spraying everywhere) and not damage, though.

Reavers feel a bit better now too since the afterburner bug was fixed.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Rockit
Banned

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
I took my Skyguard for a spin today, it was definitely eating up a good half health off hovering ESFs before they decided maybe hovering wasn't a good idea. Once the XP-for-damaging comes in, at least they will be doing a decent enough job and be rewarded for scaring people off.

Still, I wish the buff was for accuracy (less spraying everywhere) and not damage, though.

Reavers feel a bit better now too since the afterburner bug was fixed.
Used to love the Skyguard in beta but that vehicle was tuned on so much it got frustrating to keep adjusting. I saw someone complain about range is still short. Did you find that true? I'll have to give it another whirl tomorrow for the first time in a long time to kick the tires.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
I saw someone complain about range is still short. Did you find that true?
The range is quite limited, yeah. The cone of fire combined with the slow projectile speed makes it a bit hard to hit things far away or moving at decent speeds (i'm still getting used to using it though at the minute).

Personally I don't mind the projectile speed too much, but if they tightened up the cone of fire a bit I think that would be great. It would naturally increase the accuracy at range and make it a bit more deadly, but still have it rely on the driver's skill at leading targets and not so much on luck/the randomness of the projectiles.

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2013-01-12 at 08:42 PM.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Assist
Contributor
Major

If this change was for Infantry vs. HE Tanks then I think it did nothing relevent. If it was changed for HE Tanks vs. Other vehicles, then I think it made a big difference.

Was still averaging 100 kill/hour with the HE lightning/mag, so not enough of a nerf IMO

Flak changes, I really don't get. Basically they nerfed ESF survivability more. Which isn't the complaint about them, it's their damage output that most people have an issue with.
Liberators still need a nerf, they can still sit a mile away and destroy an armor column. I don't understand why they changed the air this way, would of been much easier to just nerf the libs and buff projectile accuracy on AA.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-01-12 at 08:58 PM.
Old 2013-01-13, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Reavers not competitive Vs other ESF? good one. Reavers are on equal standing dogfighting the mosquito easily.
Lol even better one. Equal standing!! Reavers die so dam easily and their damage still requires at least 2 full salvos of gun/rockets to kill one Scythe. And vs Libs oh god, the Lib pilots don't even have to be concerned with a Reavers upgraded weaponry!

I am aware of those vids Eclipse, that ain't the issue. The other factions have far better ESF's in general, it's an obvious fact. Scythes are just insane, so easy to pilot and turn (and you're essentially a thin disc so turn in the right way and you're a hard to hit target) and because of their "laser" style effects, it's easier to track your shots.

We're closer to the TR than the VS, but the TR's extra speed is a big help and it's a smaller ship, ours are like giant bulleyes in comparison. What was our faction specific benefit again? Certainly wasn't damage!

Last edited by FreeSpeech; 2013-01-13 at 04:38 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

the skyguard is viable now. and with just 1-2 AA units my lib was neaarly dead and only survived due to some fancy maneuvers and good flying (i pride myself on lib piloting).

there is a video of a single skyguard shooting down a gal on youtube somewhere.

the fighters are a bit more fragile, but not so much that they are useless. im not a great ESF pilot, but i was able to dart in and get out again if i flew tactically. those people who bull rush ahead are going to need to adapt however.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion