SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in beta! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll get you Hamma! And your little Squeeky too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-12-13, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Voodeux
Private

Re: SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in b

Originally Posted by Terrorsauce View Post
Pretty much dead on. We are not playing the real release version of PS2, but yet another beta build. Now that this is being called out, SOE is locking threads trying to keep it on the low.

Its time to let people know they are still in BETA!

I honestly don't get what the big fucking deal is. If its still considered by the main company or anyone else to be a beta then it is up to the market to decide if it is worthy of making money. It obviously is and is likewise getting continuing development.

Whats the complaint? If Sony considers this a beta release then to me thats exciting vs excrement as a year from now this game is going to unbelievable.
Old 2012-12-13, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in b

I always said that what we're having is a termless open beta test. I really hope Higby will not go for testing extremes thing again, or the game will lose 1/3 of its playerbase overnight.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-12-13, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I always said that what we're having is a termless open beta test. I really hope Higby will not go for testing extremes thing again, or the game will lose 1/3 of its playerbase overnight.
Personally, I hope they put up a test server.
Old 2012-12-13, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Personally, I hope they put up a test server.
They will not. I'm under the impression that devs are starting to consider the playerbase to be mindless sheep (or mice) to conduct testing upon.

What I am saying is - it's way more demonstrative when testing it on live servers, that's what they think, I am quite sure.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-12-13, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

As far as we know the test server is coming. How much older and how much we will smell like dirt before it arrives is another matter.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-12-13, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Simokon
Corporal

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Stop being a douche you rarely ever post on PSU, the one time you do you
crying like a bitch. Did Hamma instantly lock it? No. He let you have your say.

Hamma did you a favor, that is more than you ever did him with your
shit ingrate reply. Go back to your head stuck up your ass Hobbit hole.

TLDR, Fuck you.
Where is the like button on this forum?
Old 2012-12-13, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Terrorsauce View Post
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...n.65279/page-2

Pretty much dead on. We are not playing the real release version of PS2, but yet another beta build. Now that this is being called out, SOE is locking threads trying to keep it on the low.

Its time to let people know they are still in BETA!
What are you, like, 5?
Old 2012-12-13, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

2 Things...

1. If this is still BETA then it's the most amazing BETA I have ever taken part in (Hint:I have been in allot) second to only the BETA that ended when this one began!! Which is only more encouraging for the future of PS2! (LOL I know it's not BEta)

2. For all those who think this game was not ready or is still in BETA....you need to realize this is the future of gaming. No longer are devs bound to the contraints of "going gold" and limiting a game to just whats on the DVD/Blueray, constant content updates and refining are going to be the only way they can distiguish themselves from other devs and retain/maintain happy customer who will ocntinue to pay for what they want/like and have provided direct feedback on. The future is here with PS2...
Old 2012-12-15, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
As far as we know the test server is coming. How much older and how much we will smell like dirt before it arrives is another matter.
Yup, RadarX said we're getting one....at some point.

Got to hang out here more frankly, since launch the official forums are just rank horrible a good deal of the time.
Old 2012-12-15, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
2. For all those who think this game was not ready or is still in BETA....you need to realize this is the future of gaming. No longer are devs bound to the contraints of "going gold" and limiting a game to just whats on the DVD/Blueray, constant content updates and refining are going to be the only way they can distiguish themselves from other devs and retain/maintain happy customer who will ocntinue to pay for what they want/like and have provided direct feedback on. The future is here with PS2...
The future is going live too early because the studios can't wait to make money off their game, which, in addition to the nowadays common "overhyping" of a new game, results in a massive player peak right after "release" followed by a steady decline of the playerbase due to releasing with not enough "game" and, in the worst circumstances, the downward spiral of a "failed" game because people recall their bad initial experience and are not coming back (or found something else).
And then the next "big thing" with no staying power hits the (virtual) shelves.

I may be exaggerating here, but that is the major drawback i see with what you call "future of gaming".

Bottomline: You can gradually improve and refine your game even if you launch a bit later to prevent that bad first impression smell. One possible bullet dodged...but also no Smedbucks for a bit longer.
I can only guess how that discussion went over at SOE, but something tells me it wasn't the actual devs that got the last word there.
Old 2012-12-15, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Rolfski
Major

Oh no's! It's a conspiracy! I warned you all but no one would listen. This game was never meant finished, evil SOE has been cunningly planning for this all the time!

John Smedley = Dr Evil

Old 2012-12-15, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Well i haven't made my tinfoil hat yet. Workin' on it.

Edit: Btw the idea to intentionally release (too) early to impress later with updates sounds like a pretty weird tactic imo.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2012-12-15 at 02:31 PM.
Old 2012-12-15, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I have stopped visiting the Official forums because they are filled with the worst type of posts that you can expect from a playerbase drunk on their own delusions of grandeur and incessant whining about things they cant work out themselves.

Please lets not get PSU into the same rut ?

Hamma, lock away, if people dont like it they can go whine on reddit.
Old 2012-12-16, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Concepts people, concepts.

Last edited by AnamNantom; 2012-12-16 at 06:57 PM.
Old 2012-12-16, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post

This ^
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion