Greatest Music Band on Earth - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Making idiots CR5 since god knows when.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-12, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
NightWalker XI
Colonel

hmm...probably for me it would be my fav band Incubus for having such a definitive style through the times and stuff, they are actually not that noticed and they have alot of silly girl fans cause of Brandon but they rock....other bands worth mentioning...

Metallica (obviously)
Foo Fighters
Green Day
MUSE
Old 2004-11-12, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Busted, McFly.

EDIT: Muse.
Old 2004-11-12, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
MrPaul
Major

Muse = teh boorang. [boring]

RATM had some really great baselines and great guitar, I wasn't too keen on some of their political views, but I did like the way they got it across. (even though, the music "machine" was what was promoting them...) Not the best ever, but a reasonable consideration, nonetheless.
Old 2004-11-12, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
6thEdition
Ejaculator

Originally Posted by 6thEdition
Just my opinion here, but if music isn't metal/rock, it's not music. Pop/dance i just hate. All the bleepin n bloopin and the ppl who are supposed to be the ppl singing it like mumble into a mike and computers do all the work for them.
They dont play their own instruments or write their own songs, lol isnt that wat its all really about? I once saw an advert for a "Busted" album. They were playing electric guitars without an amp or wire in sight.
Meanwhile all the old 80s music was written, sang and played by the people who have their names on them.

Bullshit.

Blues. Jazz. Classical. Funk. Hip Hop(omg, it's music!).
Blues= Boring
Jazz= Very Boring
Classical= Omg the worst. What's so great about violins and stuff.
Funk= Annoying
Hip Hop= Crappy

metal and rock are the best n thats that.
N to yall who say metallica arent that great, or they didn't do anything good, Visit
http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16074359
Tells you all about their greatness there. They are definetly the most successful band of all time I'd say.
Metallica.... no. What have they done thats so great? nothing really, they didnt rfevolutionize anything, they didnt have an amazing guitarist like jimmy hendrix, the old vocals are... ok. the new metallica is just shit, im sorry but it is.
They've done lots of great stuff. One of their albums hit top ten without any radio play and little support from MTV, one of their albums was said as 'one of the best metal albums of all time', if you add up the total number of copies of their albums that they've sold its not even funny how rich they'd be. If metallica were to be an empire on planetside and all other music wud be another empire, and everybody fought by how good their music was, metallica wud own
Old 2004-11-12, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
eXoSloth
Major

Misc Info

Blues= Boring
Jazz= Very Boring

Blues and Jazz are the roots of all the music you listen to today, no matter how "boring" they are.

People still listen to classical pieces hundreds of years after they were composed. I seriously doubt people will still be listening to Metallica in the year 2400. I mean, omg, what's so great about guitars and stuff?
Old 2004-11-12, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

I can't hold this in any longer.

Worst Thread Ever.
Old 2004-11-12, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Blues= Boring
Jazz= Very Boring
Funk= Annoying
Hip Hop= Crappy
Blues = Without it, we wouldn't have metal, learn your music.

Jazz = hmm, I'll let that slide, not too keen on it myself.

Classical = Classical music is good, go listen to the Russian Red Army Choir, very interesting stuff. And also, your beloved Metallica... S&M album anyone? That was one of, if not their best albums (in my opinion, that's what this all boils down to - opinions).

Funk = Funk is just plain ! Funk + Metal = RATM =

Hip Hop/Dance = Hip Hop is good as well, as are most types of dance music, you just have to find the stuff you like in the genre. Most of it for me really sucks, but I have found some that I really like.
[Hezzy]: gg
Old 2004-11-12, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Atog
Sergeant

Blues= Boring
Jazz= Very Boring
Funk= Annoying
Hip Hop= Crappy

this is what the "best band ever" teaches you?
ehhhhh
Old 2004-11-12, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
TotalBiscuit
Cynical Brit

Blues= Boring
Jazz= Very Boring
Funk= Annoying
Hip Hop= Crappy

You lose at music

TB.
Old 2004-11-12, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Kaltagesta
Banned

Firstly, TB, you stole my avatar.

Secondly, classical music is great, but you have to be in the right frame of mind, like anything else. Classical music, with it's immense orchastra's, can reach huge, epic levels that other music simply cannot do. I personally think Queen were great, but then so are so many other bands. Rolling Stones were originally a blues band. They, the Rolling Stones (antichrist) and the Beatles (reincarnate) were two of the most influential bands ever, even if you dont love their music, and Metallica owe them a lot (whom i personally detest). Of course, those two bands owe a lot to previous music and so forth.

Also, for the record, Busted do play their own intruments, and write their own songs. So what if they had no wires in a video - what bands play their video's live? None. Ergo, it doesnt matter if the wires are in. Also, they could have been Infra Red connection thingies. Dont be mad please, stop the hating, just be glad that they'll be waiting...
Old 2004-11-12, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Kaltagesta
Also, for the record, Busted do play their own intruments, and write their own songs. So what if they had no wires in a video - what bands play their video's live? None. Ergo, it doesnt matter if the wires are in. Also, they could have been Infra Red connection thingies. Dont be mad please, stop the hating, just be glad that they'll be waiting...
I personally hate Busted. But, Kalta does have a point. I can't think of any bands that always play their music live on a video. They might do, they might not. It doesn't matter. It's only a video.

Also about the no wires; I've used a wireless guitar connection. It's an awesome little box of tricks that sits in a small box on your back. You can use it for quite a long distance.

And for the record; Pop people trying to be rock absolutly suck bollocks. Especially Busted and McFly. I want to stab them in their faces. With a rusty knife. With poison barbs.
Old 2004-11-12, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

In b4tehl0ck
---------
Metallica is pretty sweet
Old 2004-11-12, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Wierd Al Yankovich

Moody Blues

Holst (loved his planet symponies)

John Williams, the man is a Genius.

Janis Joplin

ICP
Old 2004-11-12, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
TotalBiscuit
Cynical Brit

Originally Posted by Kaltagesta
Firstly, TB, you stole my avatar.

Secondly, classical music is great, but you have to be in the right frame of mind, like anything else. Classical music, with it's immense orchastra's, can reach huge, epic levels that other music simply cannot do. I personally think Queen were great, but then so are so many other bands. Rolling Stones were originally a blues band. They, the Rolling Stones (antichrist) and the Beatles (reincarnate) were two of the most influential bands ever, even if you dont love their music, and Metallica owe them a lot (whom i personally detest). Of course, those two bands owe a lot to previous music and so forth.

I stole your avatar? Since when? I don't do avatar stealing.. I knicked this one from an avatar site, resized it then uploaded it.

TB.
Old 2004-11-12, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Kaltagesta
Banned

I was joking Though i have had a very similar avatar for a few months over at {B}: http://forums.bohicagaming.com/index.php?showuser=22
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge