Raw Weapon Data via Higby - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Strippers wanted. Apply on the Hot Girls thread.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-16, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: Raw Weapon Data via Higby

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Any argument that starts with "have you every shot real guns" is doomed to fail.

I totally agree about LMG's though. If I had my way, they would be almost totally unusable if fired while moving, especially from the hip.

That said, there is overall game balance to consider. Call of Duty uses a gun gun system where SMG's have the best accuracy while hip-firing and firing on the move, while LMG's have shit hipfire and fire on the move accuracy. The result of that is almost no one uses LMG's, while SMG's tend to be king. With Battlefield, the only reason people use LMG's is because of the suppression mechanics (which I think are fucking awesome, btw).

Considering "suppression fire" doesn't really exist in Planetside, I'm dubious of how useful LMG's would be if they were made extremely unwieldy in short-range combat.
They are working on the hipfire of LMGs apparently and I'm hoping this will means that ALL LMGs need ADS to work properly, right now playing as a NC I ADS all the time anyway as even our most accurate hipfire LMG wont hit much if you hipfire it, but when I switch to my VS I never ADS with the orion as its just not needed. If they screw it up and just make NC LMGs impossible to use hipfiring while VS still can I'm going to go insane.

As for SMGs being king, that is a major issue I can see happening with this new change, LMGs are going to be useless in close range fightings as a SMG will often kill you before you even have time to aim down the sight (especially when its a infiltrator who often kills you before you can turn around when they come out of stealth). This change to hip-fire needs to be coupled with a increase in damage for LMGs so they can stay competitive, otherwise I'll most likely just switch over to SMGs and ignore LMGs.

As for suppression, it would be nice to see some kind of suppression mechanic, I guess you could say there is one as the whole idea of suppression is that you shoot at a location making sure people don't want to move as they'll get shot, sadly the huge amount of exits to places combined with infiltrators sneaking out with a SMG and LAs flying off the roof means suppression is all but impossible.

The only real way to solve this I could see would be to lower the rof of LMGs but up the damage so each shot hitting you is a worry so people would be scared of getting hit by a LMG but so that they aren't OP as hell. Lower rof with more damage would also allow for more constant suppression as people would be able to keep firing.
Old 2013-12-16, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Snoopy
Sergeant

Re: Raw Weapon Data via Higby

Yeah.... no
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion