My Deployment Screen redesign (merging it with the map) - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: B!tchign about the new EXP system since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-12-25, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Re: My Deployment Screen redesign (merging it with the map)

Great Job !!
Old 2012-12-25, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Shogun
Contributor
General

yeah, really an improvement to the actual deployment screen! great work!

but i agree, that a text chat integration would complete it. but it´s kind of a challange to squeeze that in somewhere

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-12-25, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Zehtuka
Private

Great work, SOE have listened to our UI feedback in the past so maybe they will implement something similar
Old 2012-12-25, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Cajual
Private

Wow I absolutely love the ability to modify and swap between load outs... I main heavy assault and use the same loudout x3 the only difference is the camo. When I want to make small edits to the loadout its a pain in the butt.. SOE give this man a job hes doing yours!!!!
Old 2012-12-27, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Wrel
Private

I'm really digging that. Outstanding work.
Old 2012-12-27, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Excellent work
Old 2012-12-27, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
igster
Sergeant

Very very nice work.

The one bit of functionality I'd like to add is a toggleable 'heat map' similar to the old tactical that worked even in the spawn screen. Sometimes when you redeploy as now you might be on that screen for like 10 seconds.

It sucks that you have to pick a spawn and then if something has happened like a gen goes down somewhere or an attack is taking place that you instantly have to redeploy because the redeploy screen that you are looking at for 10s doesnt give you the tactical situation that you can only get when you are standing in the spawn room and you bring up the map.

One other thing is that if you use an SCU it should give you the redeploy option instantly like in old PS1. The advantage of finding a spawn unit is that you dont have to do the whole 15 seconds of redeployment downtime - since you already took the trouble to make your way to the SCU.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Figment
Lieutenant General

I was working of a map improvement and integration window myself. Since your suggestion already shows a lot of improvements on the Deployment side of things, I'm focusing more on the tactical aspect.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-12-28 at 04:19 AM.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
TotalEclipse
Private

Awesome ideas, well done.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Mriswith
Private

I love your layout and appreciate the work you've put in, there is simply 2 things (besides better *combat* activity) that I would really like as well.

First a chat window, there are so many times I've wanted to know where to go and what to get when I re-spawn that it's not even funny anymore, half the time I need to either:
1. Spawn -> ask where I'm needed -> switch to the needed class -> use an instant action deployment (12m cooldown).
2. Deploy somewhere -> ask where I'm needed -> redeploy (takes 10s) -> wait for spawn cooldown (another 15s) -> deploy where I'm actually needed.
Would love if there is any way to actually squeeze in a chat somewhere.

And second can you please add some small icon squares for *potential vehicle cooldowns ?, just a Small Airplane/Big Airplane/Enormous Airplane icon with a timer in the middle would be plenty enough. (hopefully for all the vehicles not just air)
Often while fighting on Indar I think for example that my Scythe cooldown is done so I spawn on one of the bases where there is an air spawn just to find that I actually have 3-4 minutes left before I'm able to acquire one.
This in itself wouldn't be a problem except that the *closest* air base to the front is often 5-10 mins away from any actual combat, and I would've been able to just spawn as infantry at the front if I had known ahead of time that I couldn't get a new one at that time. (This makes me go afk most of the time while waiting for the cooldown and that gets boring quick -_-)

Edit: to the guy 2 posts above, your link doesn't work if you click on it (*show image works tho) so I'm adding an edited link : http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9002/...mapoverlay.jpg

Last edited by Mriswith; 2012-12-27 at 10:39 PM.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
xXArsisXx
Private

If only we had this right now.
I'm sure it will be addressed eventually though!
Old 2012-12-27, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
igster
Sergeant

Had a rare moment of the PS1 metagame in PS2 today. One of my squad by chance (since the map sucks) detected a very large attack by a fairly large well known outfit on a key tower next to a tech plant. He called it out to me on Teamspeak and I called for a response in leader chat.
One of the other VS outfits responded and while our armour units took out their tanks and sunderers at the tower, the VS outfit hit the control points hard to flush out the infantry.

This is only possible by chance at the moment due to the complete lack of tactical support provided by the map. Without our squad member flying over our outpost we'd have never been aware of a large enemy presence at a key tactical outpost.

Oh yeah, we could have been opening up our map and moving our mouse over all of the hexes around our tech plant.

I think your suggested map/deployment screen would resolve this!
Old 2012-12-28, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
kingjameo
Private

i fight in a bio lab and i have to scroll out to select another sunderer apart from the one the random nub puts near the bottom.
Old 2012-12-28, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Edit: to the guy 2 posts above, your link doesn't work if you click on it (*show image works tho) so I'm adding an edited link : http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9002/...mapoverlay.jpg
Thanks, edited (apparently redundant img tags snuck into the copy pasta).
Old 2012-12-28, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Dalamar
Private

Looks beautiful, kudos!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion