Ethics and netiquette - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My other car is a tank
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-15, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SGTalon
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Ethics and netiquette

Evilpig,

That is a very good Code of Conduct. I like it. I am shocked at the civility of the Smurfing Horde!

Virtual Hitmen - www.vhm.guildlaunch.com

TR for Life!
Old 2013-01-15, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

We (Special Warfare Germany) have chosen to be nice and civil to outsiders of our clan within our faction. The other factions are going to be despised and will not have any mercy. Namecalling and swearwords inside our TS channel are a normal thing, we are all 18+ and have a lot of fun, so that's okay, but we are never rude to any other NC.
Old 2013-01-15, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by SGTalon View Post
Evilpig,

That is a very good Code of Conduct. I like it. I am shocked at the civility of the Smurfing Horde!
Thank you, been the same for nearly a decade. We're about fun and most importantly, mutual respect. The atmosphere is casual, but we're very serious about the CoC and have had very few issues.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-01-15, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
OCNSethy
Major

I always thank people for ammo drops, healing or revives. TBH some of the venom I have encounted by team mates takes me aback at times.

There was a group of 6 AA maxxs defending one of the air pads on the Scarred Mesa Skydock... scythes, reavers, libs and gals coming in from all directions. One of our mosi's came in from nowhere, got caught up in the flak and was destroyed. He spent a good 5 mins, screaming like a banshee, calling me everything under the sun... I was like, dude, what did you expect? you knew we where there, you took off from that pad... Have a big cup of shut the front door and go away.... some people are just tooo serious about this game.
Old 2013-01-15, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Basically, as far as I know, TRG follows a common-sense policy

-Be friendly to outfit-mates. You don't need to like some people but at least me cordial.

-Try not to purposely TK

-Apologize if you TK

-Trash talk directed at other outfits is OK as long as its good-natured. A great example is our relationship with the 666th

And generally, again, a common-sense don't be a dick principle.

The only non common sense rule that we have going that I personally have found to be a great rule at making sure arguments don't break out is:

-Absolutely no political or religious talk on the TRG teamspeak and/or forums.
Old 2013-01-15, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

AoD pretty cool, your 101 on rules, don’t be Rude, No Racial or sexual insults, the leaders are quick to pull people apart who began to get at each other.
Old 2013-01-16, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Because you can, doesn't mean you have to.
I didn't say because you can, I said because it's fun.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Solovyev
Private

I'd like to share an experience that happened very recently and is very on topic; Ill try to keep it short.

My account was banned last weekend on a Saturday - It was unbanned yesterday, it was a permanent ban that I tried to appeal and contest at every turn, only to find out that basically "my stats indicated third party usage'' and noted my account was flagged after a large number of reports. I was unbanned the instant an actual/competent human looked into my account.

The part of this story that refers to ethic and netiquette - There's a vanu outfit (large multi game group) on my server that I've encountered in game a few times, nothing of note in these encounters.

They have these news updates/thread roundup things they post; they are public and visible to everyone, reachable from google. In one of those updates, first segment in fact, days before my ban came in, one of their officers proudly states that he and others have reported me for stat padding numerous times and that ''i am an ass''

I dont have an issue with anyone telling their buddies I stat pad, hack, exploit, glitch or calling me whatever they wish, I really dont - they can even band together and report me in game if they believe I do these things, one might call it abusive considering how soe bans seem to operate, but I still believe its in their right to do that.

What I'm not fine with is using a public forum like that in a somewhat official manner to essentially accuse me of exploiting the game in some manner. Disregarding the fact its a laughable accusation disproven by one glance at my killcharts - Even if I was actually doing it 24/7, posting about it in that manner without proof is not cool.

I get hackusations in game on a regular basis, I dont report them because I dont have the time and its not the first game its happened in - it is however the first time I've been banned because of them, disregarding memories of obscure ut/quake servers and admins with questionable decision making.

The way I dealt with it is to tell them to go fuck themselves, I dont have will or the energy to argue with them directly nor do I care about replying to such a situation in a mature manner - Outfit officers have contacted them privately and requested the removal of the sentence in question, the other side refused and we're waiting to see if they changed their minds after my account was cleared of all wrong doing.

I guess that about sums it up, I think the community in this game is one of the most toxic I've ever been a part of - but I havent been dedicated to an fps in a long, long time, so maybe its just a sign of the times.

Last edited by Solovyev; 2013-01-16 at 07:37 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I actually think PS2 has the least toxic FPS community at this time. CoD will make you want to torture every child you meet.

Old 2013-01-16, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea PlanetSide 2 is not very toxic. I'd recommend sending SOE those threads/posts where they were talking about mass reporting you. We do not allow that here for this very reason.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-17, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Well, describing something as the "least toxic" isn't exactly the greatest endorsement ever. That's like saying a particular type of snake is the "least venomous".. Sure, you might not die, but it's still not great if it bites you.

..Especially since that toxicity tends to be conditional on you being the right "kind" of gamer.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well, life is toxic, period. The idea is to have as few ppm (pricks per moment) as possible.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion