The Planetside Recipe (working title) (rough draft) - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Destroying your anti-virus software since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-06, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Look maybe I'm not 100% sure what is making planetside boring, but I do know fighting in the same bases over and over again IS boring. Not having to worry about being attaked unless you are at a tower or base is BORING. They spent a great deal of time on the terrain and weather yet its only used for getting from point A to point B.

For Example Battlefied is more exciting because you could be attacked at any time from anywhere, its just the nature of the game, same goes fro counter-strike and others. But in planetside its a fairly safe bet that you are won't get attacked until you get to the same base you've seen 100 times before...
Old 2003-06-07, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
XanderZane
Private

Hey.. I totally agree with you Tryndamere. I too think there should be additional incentive and reasoning for attacking and defending a base over and over again. Right now, there is none. They also need to add some type of story to keep players interested in how the empires are progressing in their battle for world domination. It would be nice to actually have some NPC controlled soldiers in the game. You could deploy them to defend the bases while you were away. Something like this would be nice for the future. The people who are bored with this game now, will probably be coming back in 6 months when a lot more content has been added. Right now I'm happy with the way the game is and I enjoy just fighting against other players.

Like I said though, you really have to enjoy FPS type games to continue to play this game in the form it is now. Myself and the other 10 - 20 thousand people who are playing this game, feel the way I do. There's no doubt that a few 100 other people won't feel the same way and get bored of it. That's alright. There are a LOT more MMO games coming out in the next year.

Xander
Old 2003-06-07, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

indeed
Old 2003-06-07, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Hamma
People get bored of all games. It's not for everybody.

I dont see any problems with this game other than stability right now, people moan and complain about "content'

Go play an RPG and go on a 12hr quest for some magical staff if you want your content. This is an FPS, its about killing, strategy, blowing shit up.

check, and mate!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-06-07, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

from IGN Review:
"...as far as I can tell, there really isn't much to fight over here. Across seven continents there are no cities. Across the seven huge continents, there are actually no signs of any Vanu archeological finds. In fact, I can't say there are really any landmarks at all across the planet. No Grand Canyons, no Pyramids, no Eifel Towers, no Victoria Falls... nothing to keep players interested or grounded into the fact that this is an interesting planet where people live. The only thing I saw that even vaguely resembled a landmark was some weird rock outcropping that I actually did think was a crashed space ship of some sort at first... oh well.

This isn't to say that the continents are all the same. But the differences from one continent to the next seems to be terrain, weather, and fauna... which in the grand scheme of things can only hold your interest for so long."
Maybe we're not all as crazy as you old wheezers think.
Old 2003-06-07, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

You're right. The game is disappointing and it gets old fast. Scuse me while I go play.
Old 2003-06-07, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

You know what I want more than anything else in the world? The ability to tell other people what they like. It seems like all the old farts love nothing more than to do that. Is it possible that I haven't played PS in 3 days?! GASP!!!! Is it possible that you and I have very different views on a game that will hold our interest, or do we live in a world where Yours is the only Way?

My free month is ending and unless my friend gets to play soon will be quiting. But my friend is poor and has no job... and lazy to boot. So the chances of me not quiting are pretty slim...

I intend on watching the game and listening to at least these forums for awhile. If inprovements were to happen, I would certainly reactivate my account. But from what I'm seeing as of right now the game is not worth my time and money. This may eventually be "fixed," but it doesn't look like that day is today...
Old 2003-06-07, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Where did I tell you what to think, kid?
Old 2003-06-07, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by Airlift
"You're right. The game is disappointing and it gets old fast. Scuse me while I go play. "
First off, I understand that as being sarcasm, since your aformentioned view is the total opposite of what you said right there, the fact you contridict yourself in the same sentence, and the telltale rolleyes smiley. So in reality, you are saying that the game is very enjoyable, does not get old fast, and you will continue to play if for some time. While you do not directly come out and say so, it's inferred that your view is so obviously correct and how much of a dumbass you must be if you do not see that, thus the sarcasm.
Old 2003-06-07, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

You have a very good grasp of sarcasm, but not so good on your inferrences. I fully endorse you to cancel and not play to your heart's content. You can come back and resub later if you want, and if you don't, that's cool too. I made a sarcastic remark in response to a sarcastic remark, and I don't want you to think that means I'm trying to sway your opinion. I'm just stating mine, because that's what a forum is about. I hope that's cool with you, but if not, please write me at [email protected]

thanks!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion