Clash of Titans - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PSU: SEE! I told you it is still here!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2003-11-16, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Febnon
First Lieutenant

More!!!!!
Old 2003-11-16, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Feb's fucked up avatar impels me to write another chapter.
NOTE: Air Calvary is transported by Galaxy, Paratroopers come down from HARTs. This is as realistic as I can get to the present-day functions.

Chapter 13: Check

Manitou stared in disbelief in the streaks coming down. They could be encircled very soon now. He ordered reinforcements in the rear.

He checked the map. One of the blobs was moving! The Galaxies! He walked outside and pulled out a Striker. He screamed into the radio.

"ALL FIGHTERS UP! ALL FIGHTERS UP! WE HAVE GALAXIES COMING IN!"

He could barely discern an incoming Galaxy. As it got closer and closer, he noticed that it was already damaged. Some fighters had already gotten to them. His Striker informed him that the Galaxy was in radar range, and he emptied the gun.

It hit squarely in the cockpit. There was an explosion, and it went down, still away from the base. Fighters screamed after them, guns blazing. But it still wasn't enough. They landed around the base. Soldiers ran out. AMSes deployed. Lightnings rolled out. He kept on firing at whatever he could with the Striker.

He heard something in the distance. Chaos erupted over radio.

"They're charging! Shit!" and dozens and dozens of variations.

"Everyone to base! You can defend better inside!" he screamed.

Terrans began to run in and get onto the walls, take cover behind barriers, and get inside entrance bunkers.

The noise got louder and clearer. Then they came into visual range. Vanu. Dozens of them. Running straight at the base.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-11-16, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 14: Checkmate

By now, energy was at aroud 40%. And the base was completely encircled.

Checkmate. thought Manitou.

Black was outside, laying Spitfire turrets.

Maybe one here...crossifre would be nice...yeah, let me just deploy this one.

The Spitfire whirred to life. And then something heavy and hard hit him in the neck. He had felt it before.

"SNIPER!" he screamed. He fell. Blood was coming out, and fast. He feared that his juglar artery was hit. He took cover behind the Sptifire.

He heard steel boots coming into the entrance. Then his Sptifire activated. Brass fell from the guns, bouncing off his armor. He got three kills.

"MEDIC!" he screamed. Things began to slowly fade. He thought he saw a blur. What was it? Then a glow. A knife.

He pulled out his AMP and unloaded into the cloaker. It fell. Another kill.

He heard someone running towards him, and then he fainted. He awoke a few moments later. Lilbird2431 stood over him, Med Applicator in hands.

"A nasty shot. Don't worry. Pan got him. Your Spitfire got two more Vanu."
People around him still in the same position. It had only been a few moments.

"Hey, you're not CDL!"

"Right. I'm the crazy nut who decided to drop over here. There's a full-size hotspot on the map. Take care, soldier."

He ran for another person, hit by a few beams. Black got up and pulled out a plasma grenade.

The meat tenderizer. Makes 'em softer. Hehe. he thought. He waited for a Vanu to come through.

A MAX jumped over the wall.

"Shiiiiiit...." he muttered. He threw it where he expected it to fall. His aim was dead-on. The guy inside screamed. He loaded AP rounds into his Cycler and blasted away, a few turrets aiding him.

The MAX then stepped on a mine. He had deployed that one!

He fell within a few moments.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-11-16, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 15: Scarface

He was the man.

The scene from that movie, "Scarface" (supposedly a remake of an ancient one) was stuck in his head.

"Say hello to my little FRIEND!" was what Scarface yelled before blowing away a crowd with a grenade launcher.

Almost like what Eine was doing.

He had his Thumper out and was blasting away at an AMS from behind a tree stump. Due to the invisibilty sphere, he was unnoticed. He had already bagged two people walking out of the bubble to the base. A friendly was behind him, he wasn't going to look at this moment.

He emptied the clip. Numerous kills. He dropped the Thumper and pulled out his favorite: The Mini-Chaingun. He had loaded it with AP ammo.

He unloaded into the AMS. A few other people were firing at it from the base. Surprisingly, someone else was on a Mini-Chaingun, also blasting away at the AMS from behind him. More kills from poor saps who were in the line of fire.

After a few belts, the thing exploded. He got down as parts flew over him.

"Hey there!"

The Terran behind him called him. It was Lise. She winked at him again. He waved. Was she seriously hitting on him, or just teasing? He always found it hard to discern.
Old 2003-11-17, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 16: Hamma time

Hamma got a Reaver when it was availible. He preferred the Mosquito to dogfight with, but 12mm pretty much bounced off of armor. He flew upwards. No enemy fighters, for the most part. He saw a burning Vanu Mosquito going down, and that was it. The main problem was the armor! They had at least four AMSes, troop carriers, Threshers, you name it.

He lined up a bubble in his sights. People were walking out. He emptied his 24 rocket pod into it. He took some fire from AA MAXes, but it went up in flames. He bagged quite a few kills.

He turned. Threshers! A veritable biker gang was headed straight for the entrance. He fired rockets again. He had nailed two when they entered the base. He again ran out of rockets in his current pod and switched to 20mm. His Reaver was at about 75% integrity after several AA hits.

The Threshers mowed a few Dragonwolves, but they eventually got the better of them.

He loaded up his last 24 rockets for a charge against an AMS when he began to take Skyguard fire from at least three directions. Thick, black, acrid smoke began to fill the cockpit. He pushed the cockpit top off and jumped out, kinetic damperners softening the fall.

He landed behind a tree. Shots continuously hit the tree. There had to be at least 20 of them firing at him!

He leaned over for a shot, and got a Beamer bolt to the helmet. He was lucky that it didn't burn his nose. He looked at where it came from. Muzzle flashes without an owner. An infiltrator. He pelted it with 9mm from his Cycler. He died almost instantly.

Someone tossed a plasma grenade.

He sprinted, but it was too late. It detonated, lighting him on fire.

He rolled in the snow, and saw a Vanu in Reinforced holding a Pulsar, aiming at his face.

He saw a flash, and he came to inside of a respawn tube.
Old 2003-11-18, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kikinchikin

Old 2003-11-18, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Febnon
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by AztecWarrior
Feb's fucked up avatar impels me to write another chapter.
its bill the cat!!! from Bloom county
Old 2003-11-19, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by Febnon
its bill the cat!!! from Bloom county
Never seen it.

*Febnon uses Impel to Write on AztecWarrior with +2 modifier. Success!*

Chapter 17: Reversed

Starrider, a Vanu pilot, streaked over the base in his Mosquito. A few Reavers, nothing more. He screamed by again, trying to lure one into combat. Nothing.

He took to strafing the walls. He remembered how this all started...

His outfit leader and a friend were at their base's bar. Starrider was with a few friends. Two of them were in a tequila-chugging contest with members of the other outfit. The leaders discussed the idea of forming a coalition of outfits to dominate several continents at once. They decided to code name this operaton "Iroquois", for the old North American tribal coalition.

The two went around, meeting other outfit leaders. They planned on one complete artillery outfit, nothing less than at least ten Flails on the enemy target. Various Galaxies would haul ammunition from the caverns. Starrider's outfit would be the aereal component. They would keep the area clean of enemy air threats, and attack the enemy. The other outfit, an Air Calvary outfit, would assist the main attack by helping to encircle the other base. One mechanized outfit, with supporting AMSes, and another standard.

Five in all.

There would be a CR5 leader somewhere, asking for paratrooper support from the Sanctuary.

At this point, Starrider got his turn under the chugging funnel, and he didn't remember what happened next.

However, within a few days, the forces were assembled. They decided they would attack the strongest first: Clan Draconus Lupus. The Dragonwolves.

Starrider came out of his reflection when a missile locked on. He dodged and afterburned, and he successfully evaded it. He had nailed two Terrans in that pass that had been firing at him.
Old 2003-11-19, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Feel free to use any FCer you want. Edit: That includes me. Added by captain obvious for more clarity. I may not be writing for a while, I'm busy.

*Everyone looks at each other, Searo writes stories? Wtf? LIES*

Last edited by Searo; 2003-11-19 at 08:16 PM. Reason: If you're reading this, well, I hope you hurt your eyes on the tiny text.
Old 2003-11-19, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
starrider
First Lieutenant

btw searo, starrider is depressive anmd suicidal. ill detail that more when i get around to posting my story......

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2003-11-19, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Lets see...third idea that has been copied off of me.
Old 2003-11-19, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 18: Don't kill the messenger

A male Vanu soldier in Standard armor with a huge white flag walked into the base.

"Whoa. We don't take prisoners." said Squeeky, the first person on the scene.

"I'm not here to surrender. I'm here to negotiate your surrender."

"Negotiate THIS!" He raised his Cycler at him, but Manitou just happened to be there.

"Hold your fire, Squeeky."

"Sir, are you actually going to surrender?!"

"Disregard him. Now. What makes you think we're in a position to surrender? Why would we Dragonwolves do a silly thing like that?"

"Well, seeing as your surrounded and running out of power, we thought that you would like the idea of unconditional surrender right now before things get nasty."

"What's your name?"

"LoNeThuG."

Manitou burst out in laughter.

"This gets better and better. We're Dragonwovles. We don't surrender."

"Are you sure?"

"You have half of a second to get out of my base."

"Consider it."

"Consider THIS." he pulled out a Repeater.

"Final warning. Are you positive?"

"We will fight to the last man."

"Ok, then..."

He dropped his flag and reached for his Suppressor, but he was too late by miles. Manitou emptied the clip into his face.
Old 2003-11-20, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Febnon
First Lieutenant

Old 2003-11-20, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
starrider
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by AztecWarrior
Lets see...third idea that has been copied off of me.

dont flatter yourself too much, i was basing it off of myself fyi.

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2003-11-22, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Searo
Second Lieutenant

I use far too much black humor and sarcasm to be depressed. Plus I'm kind of happy-go-lucky.
Well, since depression seems to be "in" I better get suicidal too.
(J/K)

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction